Leveling up Guild Skills.

What can you do to level Fighters Guild, Mages Guild and Undaunted?

Does having their skills on your bar make any difference?  I had Magelight on my bar and it didnt do anything for exps, even when turning in quests... but Mages Guild had been turned off in beta.

Questing? Lore books? Dungeons and killing Daedra?

extra info: after finding X lore books you don't have to go back to the mages guild or anything. It's more like you get used to opening every flashy book you see and suddenly upon opening book number 29 a popup appeared for me: "you are now mages guild level 2".

ps: if it took a mages guild quest and 30 lore books to go from level 1 to level 2 I just can't begin to fathom what it takes to reach some of the higher skills in the current state of the game...

extra info: after finding X lore books you don't have to go back to the mages guild or anything. It's more like you get used to opening every flashy book you see and suddenly upon opening book number 29 a popup appeared for me: "you are now mages guild level 2".

ps: if it took a mages guild quest and 30 lore books to go from level 1 to level 2 I just can't begin to fathom what it takes to reach some of the higher skills in the current state of the game...

I was wondering this too. Having to find thousands of books, while you can do it as you quest, still sounds ridiculously onerous. Hopefully that is not all there is to leveling the mages guild.

Kinda wondering if I should skip all books I find untill I join the mages guild.... Those extra 20+ books in the starter areas could help out alot.

You'll be joining the Mages Guild on lvl 2 directly if you collected enough Books before joining, so you get credit for them, whether or not you are in the Guild, once you join the Guild.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...