Skill Point Limits

Thal

Hey all,

I did not pay attention in the last couple betas as to how this works, so thought I'd ask everyone.When you have weapon swap unlocked from lvl 15 onward, how does levelling the skills on the different skill bars work?

I mean normally when you hand in a quest it provides exp toward each skill line that is represented by a skill you have on your active skill bar when you hand it in. So does exp still get provided for skills and skill trees for the second skill bar that does not happen to be active because it is not the weapon you have out when you hand in a quest to an npc? 

Thanks guys and hope the question made sense.

Yeah, I've got my whole leveling to 50 routine down like a boss.

To best level weapons you'll want 2 weapon abilities on each bar from different weapons, one of each class ability (including one of them as ultimate), and your armor ability as soon as possible.

Example for Leveling Evenly, to avoid end-game lack of efficiency:

Weapon #1-

Class skill from tree #1

Class skill from tree #2

Weapon Ability from Weapon #1 tree

Another Weapon Ability from Weapon #1 tree

Armor you're using's ability

*Ultimate from class skill line #3

Weapon #2-

Class skill from tree #1

Class skill from tree #2

Weapon Ability from Weapon #2 tree

Another Weapon Ability from Weapon #2 tree

The reason for this is because your weapon ability leveling slows down after level 6, so you need a weapon ability to keep it up to pace with your 3 class trees; you also need to slot the armor skill after armor reaches 22 because it slows down after that dramatically. You could get away with just 1 weapon ability, but if you're using that bar only 50% of the time and leveling up your other weapon the other 50% of the time then you need to play 100% catch-up with your weapons.

The desired abilities depend on your armor and weapon choices for leveling..but it should be something you can live with and not move around a lot or else you'll waste skill points that should be getting put into passives instead.

Hell-- I already have an exact list of all the order I'm going to put all skill points in, even passives! Haha! :P

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I've got my whole leveling to 50 routine down like a boss.

To best level weapons you'll want 2 weapon abilities on each bar from different weapons, one of each class ability (including one of them as ultimate), and your armor ability as soon as possible.

Example for Leveling Evenly, to avoid end-game lack of efficiency:

Weapon #1-

Class skill from tree #1

Class skill from tree #2

Weapon Ability from Weapon #1 tree

Another Weapon Ability from Weapon #1 tree

Weapon #2-

Class skill from tree #1

Class skill from tree #2

Weapon Ability from Weapon #2 tree

Another Weapon Ability from Weapon #2 tree

The reason for this is because your weapon ability leveling slows down after level 6, so you need a weapon ability to keep it up to pace with your 3 class trees; you also need to slot the armor skill after armor reaches 22 because it slows down after that dramatically. You could get away with just 1 weapon ability, but if you're using that bar only 50% of the time and leveling up your other weapon the other 50% of the time then you need to play 100% catch-up with your weapons.

The desired abilities depend on your armor and weapon choices for leveling..but it should be something you can live with and not move around a lot or else you'll waste skill points that should be getting put into passives instead.

Hell-- I already have an exact list of all the order I'm going to put all skill points in, even passives! Haha! :P

I dont mean to argue your points really... but I was considering that a player should figure out if he has a level 40 (or 30) Skill ability that is kind of overpowering that he wants to use asap. 

And if so, load up the bar with that class tree with 3 skills from the line. Then 2 other from his next two most important lines. After popping 40 skill, switch 'em out to more like you are espousing to level the skills.

Obviously when you are boss fighting and at important pvp junctures you would go with with the best hotkey loadout (which will certainly include that level 40 skill, even if you are level 19) and not worry so much about particulars. 

Also you should buy your level 1 key-able skills ASAP in each tree line. Then migrate to your big hitter tree being dominant. Then back to a smarter spread once you get your big skill.

I just think that some level 40 skills will be very very strong compared to most lesser skills. (Daedric Mines, Bolt Escape, Ashcloud, Sunshield, Inferno,  Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus, Snipe, Momentum, Force Siphon).

I dont mean to argue your points really... but I was considering that a player should figure out if he has a level 40 (or 30) Skill ability that is kind of overpowering that he wants to use asap. 

And if so, load up the bar with that class tree with 3 skills from the line. Then 2 other from his next two most important lines. After popping 40 skill, switch 'em out to more like you are espousing to level the skills.

Obviously when you are boss fighting and at important pvp junctures you would go with with the best hotkey loadout (which will certainly include that level 40 skill, even if you are level 19) and not worry so much about particulars. 

Also you should buy your level 1 key-able skills ASAP in each tree line. Then migrate to your big hitter tree being dominant. Then back to a smarter spread once you get your big skill.

I just think that some level 40 skills will be very very strong compared to most lesser skills. (Daedric Mines, Bolt Escape, Ashcloud, Sunshield, Inferno,  Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus, Snipe, Momentum, Force Siphon).

If you get a skill tree to level 50 by cLvl 25 or so, then you'll be wasting experience by using that tree from then on. It would be a waste of time, when you could level things up evenly or switch to something else. The point is that if you do want to use a specific ability for a long time to come, don't max out that skill tree because then when you use that ability it will have no benefit for your progression within that tree.

Make the build-plan good enough to be able to spread it out and still be good in dungeons/boss fights/etc. You have two bars, so it's not going to be hard to make a bar that's good enough for 2 specific situations. There's no "bad" abilities really, so you are not better off necessarily getting a level 40 abilty as you are with a level 1 ability.

• Upvote 1