Lydia is gone.

Guest Baba

Question

I lost lydia somewhere and I don't know where. I have heard that after three days of waiting a courier will come and give me a note that will say she is coming home. I have yet to recieve that note and it's been well over a month (in game). I also have checked the catacombs and she is not in there. I bought breezehome and she still hasn't arrived there. She is not in Dragonsreach either. In my earlier save I see her with me but after that I don't know where she is. If you can give me any tips or a way to get her back that would be great. I have an xbox 360 so console commands will be of no help.

1 answer to this question

I am purely speaking from experience, but I believe it is possible you might have locked her inside a jail cell. If it's been a month, and I doubt you'd remember where, it's going to be a rigorous personal quest for you to go and find that faithful housecarl, who would have followed you to the ends of Nirn.

Go, go and find her.

You must undertake this task for the sake of your own honor, but for the most part, for Lydia. Even if she might have met a different fate, and, in fact, had not been accidentally incarcerated. Even if she might never be found. At least then, when you depart from this world, you would be able to tell the gods that your heart is heavy from loss, but it is not heavy from guilt--because you know that you have done everything in your power to find and save Lydia, your loyal housecarl and undaunted friend.