Dual Weild vs 2H

Anaraion

Greetings,

I am simply trying to determine what the pros and cons of each fighting style are for my DK.  This re-look was prompted by the new Dev Play Session and the info on special 3 set bonus items...

I am starting to worry that 2H will be one item short of a set bonus.  So if you have info on that, please share, and regardless thanks for the consideration... :).

Dual Pro

speed

dps 

Dual Con

Lack of range

No block

2H Pro

damage per hit

block

range

2H Con

slow speed

What else?

It is not like skyrim. Block, speed, on-hit-dmg is all the same for dw and 2hand. The difference is only the active and passiv skills.

But the craftable sets are something I wonder about, too. All 2handed weapons are one slot short to use 3 sets. But maybe you are not allowed to use more than one set at the same time.

Hmm... clearly good idea I posted here as I am getting good info... thank you.

Your left-click-attacks are always right-left-right-left-...
Your skilldmg is using the dmg of your righthand-weapon and your max stamina, I suppose.

And if this is true how does this passive work..

Dual Wield Expert 0 / 2
  • [*]+15% off-hand weapon damage.

Thanks again!!

Hmm... clearly good idea I posted here as I am getting good info... thank you.

And if this is true how does this passive work..

Dual Wield Expert 0 / 2
  • +15% off-hand weapon damage.

Thanks again!!

Your offhand is the left hand (Where the shield would go while using Sword and shield). That passive increases only your offhand weapon damage dealt. When you see your character hit with his right hand, he is only dealing right hand damage, and same with the left. Therefore light attacks do alternate right-left.

Still unsure of the skills where he hits with both weapons at the same time.

What, if i skill passives of one weapon kind, would that work with other weapons too, if the description wont tell something "weapon-specific" ? Like "Ruffian" which said only "x%more dmg on disabled targets". Not ",when using dual wield".

If that would work, some ppl need way more skillpoints.

Still unsure of the skills where he hits with both weapons at the same time.

Increased off-hand damage does not inpact skills. Weapon damage has no impact on weapon ability damage (only weapon power and max stamina). 

What, if i skill passives of one weapon kind, would that work with other weapons too, if the description wont tell something "weapon-specific" ? Like "Ruffian" which said only "x%more dmg on disabled targets". Not ",when using dual wield".

If that would work, some ppl need way more skillpoints.

The passives of weapon skill lines only work with that weapon. So you will never have to put points in passive from other weapon tree's when you are not going to use that weapon.

Esohead is not always accurate. Older spreadsheets say:

While dual wielding:
- Deal 8% more damage when attacking disabled targets (stunned/immobilized/ disoriented/silenced)

Weapon Power is directly influenced by weapon damage and yes, offhand dmg adds to this.

Wasnt it the other way around? Weapon damage is influenced by weapon power. I believe that you dont have a stat called weapon damage (only the damage on the weapon itself which increases the more weapon power you have). Anyways if you look at the damage formula for weapon abilities than it adds extra damage/max stamina and extra damage/weapon power. 

So I'm confused about passive skills like Slaughter:

While dual wielding: increases damage 10% vs. targets under 25% health.

I understand you would need to have two weapons equip'ed to get the bonus, but does it apply to:

1. Only light/heavy DW attacks?
2. Light/heavy DW attacks + DW actives (like twin slashes and whirlwind)?
3. Any damaging attack including things like class skills?

The answer would seem to make a huge difference on how powerful passive skills like Slaughter are.

Wasnt it the other way around? Weapon damage is influenced by weapon power. I believe that you dont have a stat called weapon damage (only the damage on the weapon itself which increases the more weapon power you have). Anyways if you look at the damage formula for weapon abilities than it adds extra damage/max stamina and extra damage/weapon power. 

Weapon damage is the damage of the weapon. of course that never changes except for improving via smithing.

This Weapon damage improves your stat "Weapon power" which is improved by different sources (i.e. Stamina).

Weapon power adds damage to your weapon lines attack skills.