Who is the King of Survivability?

Guest DK4LIFE

I would have to side with dk, the tempars survival abilities(heals, cc's) are too dependant on recasting and suffer due to non instant cast times.

Including the other classes I would have to agree with Theoryexpert.(I personally havent tried bolt escape, but sounds like the best ability for survival in the game)

I'm biased towards the Templar. However I think that a huge point of this discussion is what secondary weapon bar you are using.

A DK heavy with Dual Wield/Resto Staff would have great survivability, but Templars can use any mix of weapons while still having the option to heal with their class spells.

Survivability is also being able to stun and snare your targets so you can either deal more damage or just run and heal up.

I was thinking that something like a spell damage sword and shield templar with ice staff secondary for range and snare effects. This way no matter where the fight is (melee or range) you'll be able to both do damage and cc somewhat while staying true to the heavy form.

the one with the best stamina managment.

I don't really agree with this, Magica is more important. Stamina is only needed for dodge and cc breaks or puncture :P

As healer the templar can be nearly unkillable.  As a tank the DK can be pretty beefy but not impossible to deal with. I guess it depends on what bar you value more. 

Guest Gatecrasher31

Igneel are you forgetting a little thing called block?

Take a look at the Draconic Power tree for the DK, the abilities, the morphs, the passives. Its no contest who has more survivabiltiy.

Look at the Ratio of DK tanks to Templar tanks

As well as start talking to other templars that were in the beta, I did, even the templars I talked to said DK has superior survivability(not all did, but the majority) and said the templar is able to help other survive more than anything else. They're not based around survivabiltiy at all.

But as a Healer they are able to survive very well. After all you can still heal with rapid maneuvers on. The healer could have a sword and shield on switch. We also have Blinding Light a AOE spell with 50% chance to miss, which could help out allot. Tank wise yeah, Dk wins. Survivability wise its going to be harder to kill a good healer.

Guest Gatecrasher31

Sorry but that isnt the case, look at the ability dragons blood in addition to DKs being able to use a resto staff.  You should read up on how magicka scales, magicka regen softcaps and so on, but your idea that your going to be able to spam heals is waaaaaaay off base for ESO, even if you put all 30(cap) of the available 49 stat increase into magicka, max out your magicka regen(25%) you still will only be able to cast about 7 heals in a 20 second period.

Theres no way a templar can out survive a well built DK. Its already been established, fanboying for templar isnt going to change that.

Guest Gatecrasher31

As well as any medium armored foes will be running 28% run speed which is 8% more than rapid maneuvers.

Also, you really think you can get away from a DK, using rapid maneuvers? Seriously? FIery Grip=your staying in my range.

Healing and the resto staff are incredibly strong in this game. Healers are generally the tanks of pvp, so having strong defensive abilities is going to be key as a healer. Things like sun shield, immovable, rapid maneuvers, etc...

As for Shinns comment on full healers, I dont even know what that is. Any build should have a variety of abilities that cover damage, CC, utility, etc... even if their primary focus is on healing. Any build that neglects versatility is not going to be effective overall.

Healing and the resto staff are incredibly strong in this game. Healers are generally the tanks of pvp, so having strong defensive abilities is going to be key as a healer. Things like sun shield, immovable, rapid maneuvers, etc...

As for Shinns comment on full healers, I dont even know what that is. Any build should have a variety of abilities that cover damage, CC, utility, etc... even if their primary focus is on healing. Any build that neglects versatility is not going to be effective overall.

i totally agree.

Guest kylephelps757

I'm kinda leaning towards a templar because:

1. They have some versatility

2. They have good defense

3. They seem like the least popular class

But I wanna be the beefiest most unkillable character I can. Do you think the heals make up for the inferior tanking Damage taking abilities compared to a DK?

I'm kinda leaning towards a templar because:

1. They have some versatility

2. They have good defense

3. They seem like the least popular class

But I wanna be the beefiest most unkillable character I can. Do you think the heals make up for the inferior tanking Damage taking abilities compared to a DK?

No, but they "may" do a better job at killing a single target.  So less deaths running about in Cyrodiil.  But certainly not so many tank option like a DK for waging in the middle of a large pvp skirmish and living as long as you can whilst completing tactical goals.