Force's Take On the Imperial Edition

It is odd for a bonus to include an entire race, I do admit that is going to be big for many people. I still would be shocked if they didn't release the imperial race later for everyone else through in game content however. As for the mount that is very normal for a mount and I would bet that it is going to be the same speed as all other mounts in the game.

As for the rings of Mara what is the xp bonus? Because Age of Conan did the same thing and I bought the collectors edition for the xp bonus and it was a 2% xp bonus which was a joke not to mention eating up an entire gear slot. Again if it is a small % bonus at the sacrifice of a gear slot...it won't matter one bit.

The race bonus though is a tough pill to swallow.

Hi,

I just watched the video and well... I respect your opinion but honestly I don't agree with you. Well let's say that for me it's not such a disaster that they included a new race in the cImperial Collector Edition.

Let's face it, you have to include something special in a collector edition, somehting worth the money you request for it.

This imperial race is not going ot remove anything from the other 9 races, which were the only one known until yesterday and many people (including you if I understand well) were ok with that and couldn't wait to play with...

This new race is not going to change anything for me... I'll be in a guild, having fun solo, grouping with guildies and non guidlies etc.

XP boost, mount, rings are often items included in Collector edition so here there is nothing new.

THe Imperial race is nice but I don't see any advantage comepare to any other 9 races so gratz to whoever can afford it !

For the other who can't well.. I would recomment to move on and focus on having fun with the game and mates.

I can not believe that if you were really exited to play this game until yesterday everything changed because of what is included in this Imperial Collector Ediition.

Hi,

I just watched the video and well... I respect your opinion but honestly I don't agree with you. Well let's say that for me it's not such a disaster that they included a new race in the cImperial Collector Edition.

Let's face it, you have to include something special in a collector edition, somehting worth the money you request for it.

This imperial race is not going ot remove anything from the other 9 races, which were the only one known until yesterday and many people (including you if I understand well) were ok with that and couldn't wait to play with...

This new race is not going to change anything for me... I'll be in a guild, having fun solo, grouping with guildies and non guidlies etc.

XP boost, mount, rings are often items included in Collector edition so here there is nothing new.

THe Imperial race is nice but I don't see any advantage comepare to any other 9 races so gratz to whoever can afford it !

For the other who can't well.. I would recomment to move on and focus on having fun with the game and mates.

I can not believe that if you were really exited to play this game until yesterday everything changed because of what is included in this Imperial Collector Ediition.

They just shouldn't BE a collectors edition. Having a box price, a pretty hefty subscription fee and then even more pricing offering an advantage over the next person just shouldn't be combined. It's already bad enough that we have to pay both the box price and sub-fee, but whatever. I'm saying that irrespective of whether or not the game is worth the money, it's just the principal of it. (Also irrespective of how much of an advantage of those extra items are)

What the hell is wrong with introducing these items as quest rewards or in the case of the imperial race, just adding it in at no extra charge? I really doubt they are in dire need of cash as if the subfee wasn't enough already. Desperation if anything.

They just shouldn't BE a collectors edition. Having a box price, a pretty hefty subscription fee and then even more pricing offering an advantage over the next person just shouldn't be combined. It's already bad enough that we have to pay both the box price and sub-fee, but whatever. I'm saying that irrespective of whether or not the game is worth the money, it's just the principal of it. (Also irrespective of how much of an advantage of those extra items are)

What the hell is wrong with introducing these items as quest rewards or in the case of the imperial race, just adding it in at no extra charge? I really doubt they are in dire need of cash as if the subfee wasn't enough already. Desperation if anything.

As far as I can remember, all past mmo's I played all had a collector edition offering specific access, mount or bonuses.

All those mmo's were with a monthly subs which was more or les sidentical to what they're asking for ESO.

Each races have their own advantage so the imperial doesn't bring anything new regarding this matter.

Let's say that with my guild we decided to play with the Aldmeri alliance and I was interested on the Bosmer (wood elf) race.

Other guildies now can choose to play with one of the 3 Aldmeri's races... or if they buy this Imperial Edition, play with one of the 6 others (imperial race not included).

I don't see what kind of advantages the imperial CE gives beside being able to play with the other 6 races... which all had specific traits avant before the CE announcement.

It can be convenient for some who wanted to play a diiferent race than on of the 3 Aldmeri alliance... but is it really an advantage which make them stronger, faster than any other ? nope it's not and I think you know that.

I just don't see what kind of great/ubber advantage this Imperial CE is providing which may destroy the game of make you so much stronger to nay other.

The only thing which may be strange  is for PVP... as there will be no separate races based on the alliances, but I don't do PVP so I think I'll have no problem to deal withthe sonsequence of this CE.

Just my opinion, I accept yours as well :)

As far as I can remember, all past mmo's I played all had a collector edition offering specific access, mount or bonuses.

All those mmo's were with a monthly subs which was more or les sidentical to what they're asking for ESO.

Each races have their own advantage so the imperial doesn't bring anything new regarding this matter.

Let's say that with my guild we decided to play with the Aldmeri alliance and I was interested on the Bosmer (wood elf) race.

Other guildies now can choose to play with one of the 3 Aldmeri's races... or if they buy this Imperial Edition, play with one of the 6 others (imperial race not included).

I don't see what kind of advantages the imperial CE gives beside being able to play with the other 6 races... which all had specific traits avant before the CE announcement.

It can be convenient for some who wanted to play a diiferent race than on of the 3 Aldmeri alliance... but is it really an advantage which make them stronger, faster than any other ? nope it's not and I think you know that.

I just don't see what kind of great/ubber advantage this Imperial CE is providing which may destroy the game of make you so much stronger to nay other.

The only thing which may be strange  is for PVP... as there will be no separate races based on the alliances, but I don't do PVP so I think I'll have no problem to deal withthe sonsequence of this CE.

Just my opinion, I accept yours as well :)

I probably shouldn't have said there shouldn't be one. I'm not exactly the most experienced MMO player. What I mean however, is that, I understand how small of an advantage is offered (but damn, rings of mara have the potential for some serious pay-to-win shit), it's just that when this happens, they will just get stuck in a habit and we will probably see more of this which may offer stupid bonuses that should only be present in the likes of a F2P game, where generating money is more important.

I'm just ranting tbh, if this doesn't frequently occur in the future, it'll blow over and I could care less, I just don't like the idea is all. If it matters, I foresee Imperials as having little or no spectacular effect in general, but you'd never know.

It's funny that you mentioned the "rings of mara"..I completly forgot those ones.

I'm the kind of player who loves to complete all quests on a given area before moving to the next one.

I've never seen the point to race to the highiest level and skip all little caves/dungeons etc. that an area can provide.

I like to discover, take my time etc.

Those rings will be for sure something I would never ever use.