Enchanting For Mages

Guest Riley Ellis

Question

Guest Riley Ellis

Okay so I am fairly new to Skyrim, and I decided I want to be a Mage. I currently have the Archmage's Robes and Morokei. I also understand that the Master Robes are fairly good. Although, is it possible to disenchant a high powered robe, for example the Master Robes (+150 Magicka Regen) or Morokei (+100 Magicka Regen) and add it to an amulet, gauntlet, boots, etc. and get the same amount?

3 answers to this question

Guest Riley Ellis

Alsoalso

Okay so I am fairly new to Skyrim, and I decided I want to be a Mage. I currently have the Archmage's Robes and Morokei. I also understand that the Master Robes are fairly good. Although, is it possible to disenchant a high powered robe, for example the Master Robes (+150 Magicka Regen) or Morokei (+100 Magicka Regen) and add it to an amulet, gauntlet, boots, etc. and get the same amount?

So basically can you disenchant high level enchants such as +150 Regen and - 25% Conjuration Spell cost and add them to armor like Dragon, Daedric, Amulets, and rings 100% if not how high can you get it?

You can disenchant those items, but the effect will be the same as if you disenchanted something like novice robes. So yes you can disenchant them, but no you will not have the same amount / magnitude of enchantment.

You can put enchantments on your gear and achieve things like -100% spell cost. Refer to this wiki page. For example, you can do a "Fortify Destruction" enchantment on 4 pieces of apparel: head, neck, chest, and fingers. Getting an enchantment magnitude of -25% on each of those apparel slots results in -25% * 4 = -100% spell cost for destruction. In short, you now have unlimited casting for all spells in the destruction tree.

It's important to note that disenchanting items does NOT automatically give you the same magnitude of enchantment, just the same effect. The magnitude is based on your enchanting skill level AND the level of soul gem you use for the enchantment (Grand is the best). More info.

If you really want to get ridiculously high numbers you can max enchanting, alchemy, and smithing to create an improvement loop that infinitely boosts certain stats. There's a good guide on this here.