New and up-to-date ESO Information! The latest as of Jan 2014

Thal

Guest Nubcake

Ok, i didnt got many direct Responses to any of my Question but i still feel like contributing :tongue: because i learned a few things from this forum.

1. Everyone pre 50 has the same Stats in Cyrodil, regardless of statallocation or Gear. Exception are Foodbuffs(go for stam or magicka, increases tooltip damage of abilities)and the Weapondamage Buffs(Moltenweapons, Surge, Momentum). Passive Armor Line Regen Bonus also work, as does Increased Stealthradius. Armorbuffs also have no effect, Spiked Armor does nothing to your Stats.

2. You cant sneakattack with Destruction Staff Attacks or Spells, only with Physical Weapon Attacks.

3. Hitdetection happens when you start your Attack not when you strike/release the arrow. Thats different then Skyrim and very Important, if you start your swing with your target not under your reticule your will never hit, but if you do you will allways hit regardless of direction of your reticule.

4. Meleerange seems to be around 5m for 2handed and like 4m for Dualwield when using heavy Attack. So theres a  slight rangeadvantge for 2handed,  Lightattacks have less range.

5. There 3 Citys and 2 Villages in Cyrodil offering repeatable Quests which scale to your Level.

6. There are around 15 Skyshards per Zone and 45 in Cyrodil alone, you will have plenty of Skillpoints to work with when you hit 50.

7. Blocking isnt directional

8. Even though they are rare, you will find non faction race NPCs in any Faction. Dont know if they changed Models after Announcing Adventure Edtion or if its been that way since the beginning. At least they are accounting for it.

9. You cant interrupt Channeled Abilities. You can partially Interrupt Uppercut, if you interrupt later in the cast you wont get Stunned but still take Damage, if early you dont take any Damage.

10. Its a good Idea to look at CC and notice that some dont  cause Immunity afterwards :nuke:

Guest peener vajeen

Everything scales, from the stamina damage bonus on weapon abilities to the soft caps(overcharging in eso) on stats

I watched my level 6 tank hit softcap on armor and watched it scale up every level until 10 and judging from the softcap on armor at level 10 in pve and then jumping into pvp, my scaled armor was not capped in fact my scaled level 50 armor was only double what my armor was at level 10. My assumption is that a true 50 in pvp could have as much as double-triple the stats of a scaled 50.

Great post Thal. I know some of the information could be outdated, but I was just wondering how you got the maximum values of weapon and armor traits? Esohead has a crafting simulator, and according to them the value of the traits are a lot lower. You can only see the lowest trait value though, so I do not know what the maximum values will be, but I did not expect your max values to be so high. For instance wheighted for two-handers is +54% attackspeed. That just seems very high. Also the simulator shows that the there is no difference in traits between one-handed weapons and two-handed weapons. For instance "weighted"  is 4% attack speed for both one handed weapons and two-handed weapons.

One-handed Weapon Traits:

iii. Precise – Increases weapon and spell critical values by X% (maximum 27%)

Two-handed weapons (includes staves and bows)

iii. Precise – Increases weapon and spell critical values by X% (maximum 27%)

(The only differences between two-handers and one-handers regarding traits is the maximum % increases in the Training and Weighted traits).

1) Does this mean you can have it two times on a dual wield weapons at 54%?

2) And only 27% on single weapons and 2 handers?

3) "values" does this mean +chance or +damage done or +both chance and damage? (I read it as just +damage.)

3) "values" does this mean +chance or +damage done or +both chance and damage? (I read it as just +damage.)

It could be the 27% attack speed of the trait only works for the weapon that is enchanted. But that is just a guess. In beta some items had "increases the armor gold of this item", or "increases the armor value of this item. The key word here is "of this item" which isnt stated on the attack speed trait.

About the 27% critt value. +27% critt chance just seems way to high for a weapon trait compared to the other values. I assumed they meant only +27% critical strike damage. But if the max value of the trait is lower than 27% (since the lowest value is +3% critt values) it could be both. That is why I hope someone can answer the question in my previous post.

It could be the 27% attack speed of the trait only works for the weapon that is enchanted. But that is just a guess. In beta some items had "increases the armor gold of this item", or "increases the armor value of this item. The key word here is "of this item" which isnt stated on the attack speed trait.

About the 27% critt value. +27% critt chance just seems way to high for a weapon trait compared to the other values. I assumed they meant only +27% critical strike damage. But if the max value of the trait is lower than 27% (since the lowest value is +3% critt values) it could be both. That is why I hope someone can answer the question in my previous post.

Hey all,

To update you from the February Beta test:

1. The crit values on weapon traits were ridculously high. They were changed and nerfed down to +3% as a result so don't worry.

2. The attack speed bonuses were too high as well and were nerfed down to around +6% and I think +12% for two-handers.

Hope that clears things up for you!!!

Hey all,To update you from the February Beta test:1. The crit values on weapon traits were ridculously high. They were changed and nerfed down to +3% as a result so don't worry.2. The attack speed bonuses were too high as well and were nerfed down to around +6% and I think +12% for two-handers.Hope that clears things up for you!!!

No it didnt clear it up.  :lol:

Does Crit Value effect the chance to crit? The amount done after crit is established? Or both?

Hey all,To update you from the February Beta test:1. The crit values on weapon traits were ridculously high. They were changed and nerfed down to +3% as a result so don't worry.2. The attack speed bonuses were too high as well and were nerfed down to around +6% and I think +12% for two-handers.Hope that clears things up for you!!!

So the 3% critt and 6% attack speed is the maximum value (Veteran rank 10)? Also, are you sure that there is a difference in attack speed between one-handed weapons and two-handed weapons?

Thank you for all the great information. It is really helpful for theorycrafting.

So the 3% critt and 6% attack speed is the maximum value (Veteran rank 10)? Also, are you sure that there is a difference in attack speed between one-handed weapons and two-handed weapons?

Thank you for all the great information. It is really helpful for theorycrafting.

Happy to help!They were the values that were shown when I checked veteran rank 10 gear. As such I assume they are maximum.I am sure that weapon speed trait is twice the amount on the two-handers.See example below (sorry for poor quality but had to make file less than 250kbs to upload): 

weapon trait example

Ok, I will take your word for it.

Well, it is a shame they dropped attackspeed and critt by such an amount. Those traits would be so great for my build. But on the other hand it is better this way. Those two traits seemed alot stronger compared to all the other traits. Now we can choose from several viable traits.

On a side note, funny how low the value is of a veteran 10 weapon (white/common quality).

• 1 month later...

Thal,i signed in to say THANK YOU to this useful thread.

Anyway, i had a few questions regarding the mechanics.

At lvl 50, Health is 1130.

If your health regenerated at 2.4% of your max health, then does that mean that you regenerate 27.12 hp every 2 seconds? (Assuming 2.4% of 1130 is 27.12)

Nords have the racial ability that allows them to regen 15% health in combat at rank 3.Does this mean that the 15% will stack with the 2.4% to increase overall Health regen to 17.4%?

Or is it multiplicative in that increases overall health regen to 2.76% per 2 seconds? (Assuming 15% of 2.4% is 0.36%) (0.36 + 2.4 = 2.76%)

Also, the imperial race has a racial ability which increases maximum health by 12% at rank 3. If max health at lvl 50 is at 1130, does this mean that health is boosted to 1298 by the ability?

Depending on your answer, this will confirm which race i should be choosing.

Thal,i signed in to say THANK YOU to this useful thread.

Anyway, i had a few questions regarding the mechanics.

At lvl 50, Health is 1130.

If your health regenerated at 2.4% of your max health, then does that mean that you regenerate 27.12 hp every 2 seconds? (Assuming 2.4% of 1130 is 27.12)

Nords have the racial ability that allows them to regen 15% health in combat at rank 3.Does this mean that the 15% will stack with the 2.4% to increase overall Health regen to 17.4%?

Or is it multiplicative in that increases overall health regen to 2.76% per 2 seconds? (Assuming 15% of 2.4% is 0.36%) (0.36 + 2.4 = 2.76%)

Also, the imperial race has a racial ability which increases maximum health by 12% at rank 3. If max health at lvl 50 is at 1130, does this mean that health is boosted to 1298 by the ability?

Depending on your answer, this will confirm which race i should be choosing.

I'm glad this post was of such help to you. Some of the information in-game has changed, however, and this mostly concerns the strength of some armour and weapon traits. E.g. The Crit and weapon speed traits are much lower now. Also you know need to know that at Veteran Rank 10 you will have base stats of 1170 Magicka, 1220 Health and 1170 Stamina.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, your health (if you leave it at base amount of 1130 and do not add any health from gear or other sources) will regen at 27.12 health every 2 seconds.

2. If you apply the Nord bonus to the base amount of health at lvl 50 then it is indeed only an increase of regen to 2.76% every 2 seconds (and NOT 17.4%). So unfortunately the racial is not that awesome.

3. Yes, if you had base amount of health at lvl 50 of 1130, and you play Imperial this would certainly increase to 1298. If you play Imperial and increased your health to 2000 then you would then get 12% on top of this and have 2240 as well for example.

Also, keep in mind these numbers are only your base amount or mimimum amount for each stat at lvl 50 (also known as veteran rank 1). So these can be increased up until the hard caps. Soft cap (or the point that you receive diminishing returns on stats) are at roughly between 1900 - 2000 for both Magicka and Stamina and soft cap for Health is at 2500.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

I'm glad this post was of such help to you. Some of the information in-game has changed, however, and this mostly concerns the strength of some armour and weapon traits. E.g. The Crit and weapon speed traits are much lower now. Also you know need to know that at Veteran Rank 10 you will have base stats of 1170 Magicka, 1220 Health and 1170 Stamina.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, your health (if you leave it at base amount of 1130 and do not add any health from gear or other sources) will regen at 27.12 health every 2 seconds.

2. If you apply the Nord bonus to the base amount of health at lvl 50 then it is indeed only an increase of regen to 2.76% every 2 seconds (and NOT 17.4%). So unfortunately the racial is not that awesome.

3. Yes, if you had base amount of health at lvl 50 of 1130, and you play Imperial this would certainly increase to 1298. If you play Imperial and increased your health to 2000 then you would then get 12% on top of this and have 2240 as well for example.

Also, keep in mind these numbers are only your base amount or mimimum amount for each stat at lvl 50 (also known as veteran rank 1). So these can be increased up until the hard caps. Soft cap (or the point that you receive diminishing returns on stats) are at roughly between 1900 - 2000 for both Magicka and Stamina and soft cap for Health is at 2500.

Hope this helps!

Yay the magnificent Thal answered my question!!!

1) Noob question, whats a soft cap and hard cap?

2) So at Veteran rank 10, when your health is at 1220, does the imperial ability still apply in that it increases it to 1366.4?

3) If i were to wear enchanted armor which increased my max health further, will the imperial ability apply here too in that it will increase my overall health? (I always assumed these racial abilities only applied to base health)

4) Does spell resistance follow the same mechanic? (ie: Breton racial ability, spell resistance increase of 6%, meaning that overall spell resistance increased by 6%)

5) Do critical and weapon speed traits follow the same mechanic? 

6) Does increase in stamina really make your weapon damage better? Or increase in magicka really make your spell damage better?

7) Your not gonno kill me for asking so many questions are you?

1) Noob question, whats a soft cap and hard cap?

If you mean the definition of those terms:  

Soft cap is the point at which the stats begin suffering from diminishing returns.

Hard cap is the point where you no longer benefit from the stat.

Basically, once you reach the soft cap you won't be getting as much out of anything that grants that stat.