Predications of the most popular class?

I'm curious of what your predictions might be?

What is your experience from other mmos between rogues , warriors, healers and mages?

There will be difference between factions I suppose and there is some wiggle room within each class.

I couldn't find any other thread discussing this on the forum.

My prediction is the rogue class or Night Blade as it is called in TESO.

P.S Found this site today and it is awesome ^ perfect if you want to soak in and roll around in the hype before launch.

It's think it's very subjective to what factions or race people favour, rather than a particular class - But that depends on the ratio of hardcore builds to role-playing/fun builds there is. From there, the most popular class comes from the most popular races - i.e: all the khajiit's will probably be Night-Blades, all the altmer will probably be sorcerers or whatever.

Personally, I'm liking the two above mentioned classes, just because I like the idea of sneaky around just as much as powerful magic abilities. Although I do feel there will be a strong melee base in general.

• Upvote 1

Numbers range from 35% low to 55% high on ESO class-polls for Nightblade... Definitely going to be the highest, especially on Aldmeri Dominion.

As far as role #'s go, looks like the pretty typical (but a bit more tanks than healers, which normally isn't the case in MMOs I usually find):

DPS >>> Tanks â‰¥ Healers

• Upvote 1

agreed, lots of aldmeri archers and assassins. And there are always lots of dps. Thats why the rarest* phrase in MMO chat is "Healer, Tank, CC need dps for dungeon group" ;)

(Actually that's the second rarest, the rarest being "We lost that pvp battle because they were better than us, not because their classes were overpowered or because we were outnumbered".)

• Upvote 1

Nightblade, definitely, since it's probably going to be the best class at Solo play. It has health drain, damage avoidance, damage over time, burst damage, and it's well balanced for any weapon or staff style you want to run with. Plus the passive benefits are incredibly useful compared to the other classes.

Sorcerers are your dedicated damage dealing class, but don't have a lot in terms of defense and heavy armor weakens their mana regen (that they would otherwise get from light armor), which in turn weakens their damage.

Dragon Knights are decent overall but tend towards durability over damage, which makes them good in a group and less so when playing alone.

Templars have healing and damage, so they're good at solo play for sure, but healer roles are usually not very popular in MMOs, and with Restoration Staff being available to everyone, I don't see it being too popular.

So I think the Nightblade is going to be the most popular class in the game. Also, because the Khajiit and Bosmer races get stealth bonuses, I feel like the Aldmeri Dominion is going to have the most players as a result (which is too bad, since I'm going Daggerfall Covenant).

Nightblade, definitely, since it's probably going to be the best class at Solo play. It has health drain, damage avoidance, damage over time, burst damage, and it's well balanced for any weapon or staff style you want to run with. Plus the passive benefits are incredibly useful compared to the other classes.

Sorcerers are your dedicated damage dealing class, but don't have a lot in terms of defense and heavy armor weakens their mana regen (that they would otherwise get from light armor), which in turn weakens their damage.

Dragon Knights are decent overall but tend towards durability over damage, which makes them good in a group and less so when playing alone.

Templars have healing and damage, so they're good at solo play for sure, but healer roles are usually not very popular in MMOs, and with Restoration Staff being available to everyone, I don't see it being too popular.

So I think the Nightblade is going to be the most popular class in the game. Also, because the Khajiit and Bosmer races get stealth bonuses, I feel like the Aldmeri Dominion is going to have the most players as a result (which is too bad, since I'm going Daggerfall Covenant).

Very good logical analysis. I agree with most everything you said. 

I think the Sorc will be the only class better at solo. Skillfull players, such as yourself, will handle larger group pulls better then most.  Pets, Long StunMez, Big Damage at Range, AoE root, Health Bubble and their own Execute (Assassin Blade/Mages Fury) as a top finisher. 

Ive also heard that Daedric Mines are the bomb, literally. Almost silly. Though I dont know for sure. But 5 mines that total 65 AoE dam at lvl 1 that also keep AoE rooting. :devil: