ESO Release News and Predictions

David

UPDATE

4/4/14 is now official.

Original post below.

So recently Irons provided us with an interesting bit of (currently unconfirmed) insider information detailing the potential release of ESO. I won't reveal his actual source unless he does, but the gist of it: 

But if the information I got is corret than we will only have to wait till mid february to finally play the damn game.

I think mid-feb the preorders will start, that's super early.. if that's the case then preorders should already be started. :S

That's actually a great point that no one mentioned when we were discussing this in the chat. That would make perfect sense - retailers start pre-orders in February (Q1), and then the game ships in Spring (Q2) as we've been told. My money is now on April.

Anyways, I'm making this thread since we don't have a mega-thread for new news/predictions and I expect a lot more information will be coming out fairly soon.

pre-orders are already available, though. You can order the game already on amazon and other sites, you could do that for a while now.

ZM has been really slow with releasing new information and they have been holding back a lot, so it's really hard to say when they are going to release the game.

• Upvote 1

Well, most games have been releasing their release date only about 2 months before release lately..so this wouldn't be too surprising just from that aspect. I guess they do have preorders, price-confirmed ones at that, I was just thinking that with no release date they're unofficial but that's not really the case.

But, like you said, they haven't released much information--their pace of information being released hasn't changed at all. This, to me, says they're still a ways off...but it could also mean that there's a rush of information coming.

I guess we just don't know, but if Gamestop inventory-slots opened up in mid-Feb, then I guess that's at least an option we shouldn't discount... Even with ZS saying that it'll be out in spring.

idk, because they're supposed to do open-beta on PS4 and PC about 3 weeks before release like normal and then 2 weeks before release on xb1..

They've said multiple times that everything, including patches+patch dates and such will be the same for both consoles and PC, so this at least gives me some peace of mind that they won't pull a twat move and release early on PC like every other game...

All I know is that for me, the later in Spring it comes out, the better. I have a busy schedule lately. :(

pre-orders are already available, though. You can order the game already on amazon and other sites, you could do that for a while now.

You're right, of course. Aren't there just placeholder pages up now, though? Perhaps February is when specific SKU details are set up.

You're right, of course. Aren't there just placeholder pages up now, though? Perhaps February is when specific SKU details are set up.

Yea, kind of, I guess. If you pre-order now, it's just a reservation for when the game releases, since the sellers don't know the release date either :)

Personally, I think April would be a good time! Wouldn't mind march either, though!

Yeah, I mean they have price-confirmed so at least that's something.

I remember at the biggest chain of game-stores in Australia they had preorders for Diablo 3 for 80$ about 2.5 years before it was released -- and they were saying it would be released in a few months.  XD

This is thread from tamriel foundry forum..... "So this happened. Even believable by microsoft? If it’s true I actually think it’s a little too soon to be coming out. The hype just isn’t big enough and I think a lot of people were hoping for more beta tests first. Plus it isn’t even spring lol. Just thought I’d see what you guys think, if it’s credible. It was posted on the ESO facebook page a good bit and the moderators keep taking it down.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/<wbr />store/msusa/en_US/pdp/<wbr />productID.285251700

Saying 2/25/14 release"

This is thread from tamriel foundry forum..... "So this happened. Even believable by microsoft? If it’s true I actually think it’s a little too soon to be coming out. The hype just isn’t big enough and I think a lot of people were hoping for more beta tests first. Plus it isn’t even spring lol. Just thought I’d see what you guys think, if it’s credible. It was posted on the ESO facebook page a good bit and the moderators keep taking it down.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/<wbr />store/msusa/en_US/pdp/<wbr />productID.285251700

Saying 2/25/14 release"

That's within a week of Iron's estimate. Where there's smoke, there's often fire.

Here is a working link.

Fantastic news! I'll be travelling for a few months in April so I'll have just enough time to build an unhealthy addiction!The PvP trailer reminds me a little of Darkfall. The horse audio and battle ambient noise sounds to be added in. Animations are okay but that broad camera pan was a little choppy.Either way I'm pumped, time to find an Aussie guild!

Posted ImageEarly this morning, to the great excitement of its fans, ZeniMax announced the release dates for its upcoming title The Elder Scrolls Online. To get right to the point, PC and Mac will see the game on April 4th, 2014 (or 4.4.14), with it later coming to PS4 and Xbox One sometime in June, 2014. This split release date seems to be a confirmation of their earlier promise that the game had not and would not see its release date pushed back to accommodate the console port.

In the announcement, Matt Firor also wrote of his gratitude towards the fan base, specifically mentioning an enormous growth in the number of beta applicants -300,000 in November, which took the total number to approximately 4 million- as an indicator of rising interest in ESO worldwide.

Well, there you have it folks. Take off from work, stock up the fridge, and cancel any plans. What do you think about the release date announcement? Are you surprised that the consoles are releasing slightly later? Will the difference in release dates change your platform decision at all? Let us know all about it in the comment section below!