Where do you guys get your information?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArII4nGY0Yf3dGlrY2IzSzlFZXhrZ3V5MDRwb2lmMEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

But I often wonder where you get your numbers from:

Musclemagic, on 10 Nov 2013 - 8:19 PM, said:Posted Image

The difference between Light, Medium, and Heavy armor for mitigation seems to be about-- 22.5%, 37.5%, 49%

Where did you get those numbers?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArII4nGY0Yf3dGlrY2IzSzlFZXhrZ3V5MDRwb2lmMEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

But I often wonder where you get your numbers from:

Where did you get those numbers?

Thanks, this is a lot better than what I was using.

I was just about to respond to you in the other thread, I read on a wiki that 750 resistances = 26% mitigation but I can't find it or it got updated. It's a leap of faith, but I applied it to armor rating as well. It might not be spot on but the numbers make a fair amount of sense.

It might have been too big a leap of faith. Hopefully it holds true though, it seems to be a good balance.

God dammit, they removed Weighted Shot and replaced it with Poison arrow... I was gonna use that...

It's the same thing, but the Weighted Shot is from a Morph and the option for more damage is there as well. I like it, it just sucks that it's magic damage because there's more mitigation against it.

It's the same thing, but the Weighted Shot is from a Morph and the option for more damage is there as well. I like it, it just sucks that it's magic damage because there's more mitigation against it.

But does it only stun when you interrupt something? They way its phrased makes you think it stuns always (compare it to force shock of destruction tree). But that doesnt make sense, since a stun interrupts automatically.

Why? That #'s for lvl 50.

It's relative simple first most games use a degressive system when it comes to stats.

Secondly 26/750 = 0.03466666 a number like that wouldn't be choosen if you have a linear system, their you would either use 3% per 100 points or so.

Most likely you will start somewhere around 5% per 100 points and ones you hit a certain cap it will be degressive.

The reason why many games use a system like that is, that with such a system they are able to prevent extrem builds.

It's relative simple first most games use a degressive system when it comes to stats.

Secondly 26/750 = 0.03466666 a number like that wouldn't be choosen if you have a linear system, their you would either use 3% per 100 points or so.

Most likely you will start somewhere around 5% per 100 points and ones you hit a certain cap it will be degressive.

The reason why many games use a system like that is, that with such a system they are able to prevent extrem builds.

It could just go down an odd x.x% per stat point per level, like in every game, and that's just what it ended up being at. Or, it could be that it adds up to 29 armor = 1% but the left-over is cancelled so the tooltip just reads 26% rather than 26.56 or w/e.

There are a lot of other reasons it could be an odd %.

But, I think you're correct. There could definitely be soft caps like in most other games. Their system sucks pretty bad if there's a soft cap before 25% mitigation so let's just hope it's ~25% (~720 armor= 1% every 29 points...but the last 1% would be 30 armor?)

Meh.. idk, but I hope it is at least close to those numbers I calculated. If it is on a down slope then Heavy Armor would be even worse and I hope it's not the case.

I hope there are no soft caps or caps at all, and they just balance it well without. I think it's possible, given the limited amount of Enchantment options and the Give/Take relationship everything has in this game.