Photo

The Sorcerer Thread

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

irons

irons

• 428 Posts
First of all in the last beta it didn't matter what armor you wear you allways had the same amount armor same goes for attribute points. My PvE sorc was close to 1k mana and my lvl 50 pvp char had 1200 a little bit more than normal because of the race passive. Next thing in this beta there was often a delay of 5s which makes it unplayable with any class. The sorc is actually really good for PvP if you build him the right way. He might not be strong in 1vs1 fights but most fights are zerg vs zerg and there the Sorc is great. And if you really want to play a Sorc for 1vs1 than i would suggest you playing a Scout. Which uses sword and shield + bow with medium armor and uses lightning form and bolt escape for the mobility.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Theoryexpert

Theoryexpert

• 84 Posts

I agree irons, although I think restoration staff + melee weapon is the strongest 1on1 build for sorc. Sorc is kinda weak on self healing (although havent tested daedric mines) and needs some way to sustain his health. Medium armor is a good choice because surge crits heal, so stacking crit is awesome for a melee sorc who wants self healing. resto staff bar needs entropy, regeneration, surge, and maybe force siphon. This allows the sorc to sustain himself and win a 1on1.

Update: I just found a HUGE self healing synergy. Surge is insane self healing on a 2 handed crit build with full medium armor. Crit charge hits like a truck and surge turns it into a massive self heal too! Pretty insane.

CanisPanther

CanisPanther

• 36 Posts
I had tons of fun with my melee Sorc. I pretty much skimped out on any mana and went hard with Stamina. Critical Charge stunlock was intense. With the morph you'd critchargestunheavyattack rinse and repeat until Reverse Slash. I crafted swords and improved them to devastating effect. All in all though, it's a shit show when it comes to pvp, feels a lot like GW2 except I felt a lot deadlier in GW2. It was a lagg beta, I look forward to the next one. I did feel powerful, but unless I got someone singled out by myself, it was whoever hit their button at the right time secured the kill. Life's good, melee Sorc was great in PvP and PvE.

Rally

Rally

• 79 Posts

I had tons of fun with my melee Sorc. I pretty much skimped out on any mana and went hard with Stamina. Critical Charge stunlock was intense. With the morph you'd critchargestunheavyattack rinse and repeat until Reverse Slash. I crafted swords and improved them to devastating effect. All in all though, it's a shit show when it comes to pvp, feels a lot like GW2 except I felt a lot deadlier in GW2. It was a lagg beta, I look forward to the next one. I did feel powerful, but unless I got someone singled out by myself, it was whoever hit their button at the right time secured the kill. Life's good, melee Sorc was great in PvP and PvE.

Almost did the same, but i could cast deadric curse and mages fury way earlier, b4 i was inrange for critcharge. Then the target was charged by me and another partymember to instagib them most of the time. Life's good :D

Will be even better once i can prebuff with Surge.

drock

drock

So with a Battle Mage build in Leather would it  be best to dump more points into Magika?  I think my biggest concern with the build is how to balance out Magika vs Stamina usage.

Earl Grey

Earl Grey

• 20 Posts

My sorc build felt really strong in PvP when I switched to resto staff in both large group and 1v1 situations

I used:

All light armor w/ resto staff (1/2 health 1/2 magic distribution)

Mages fury

Daedric Curse

Regeneration

Grand Healing

Encase

Storm Atronauch

1v1: Always having regen up heals a ton and if you can just run around in your grand healing circle you're very hard to kill. Daedric curse is incredible efficient damage per mana (used shorter duration morph) used and encase is sooooo unfair against melee (used extended snare morph).  I'm sure everyone was playing really bad and suboptimal but the heals and daedric curse out attritioned ranged characters and encase was so good against melee characters I felt really op.

large scale pvp was kind of a shit show but the heals worked well to support ppl using siege equipment and daedric curse is great for poking

overall when I switched to resto staff I felt like I was doing more damage, moving faster through content and more valuable to groups.  I will definitely use a resto staff at launch with my sorc.  Maybe I was just using them wrong but the destro staff skills seemed garbage and the attacks didn't seem like they did more damage than resto staff

drock

drock

My sorc build felt really strong in PvP when I switched to resto staff in both large group and 1v1 situations

I used:

All light armor w/ resto staff (1/2 health 1/2 magic distribution)

Mages fury

Daedric Curse

Regeneration

Grand Healing

Encase

Storm Atronauch

1v1: Always having regen up heals a ton and if you can just run around in your grand healing circle you're very hard to kill. Daedric curse is incredible efficient damage per mana (used shorter duration morph) used and encase is sooooo unfair against melee (used extended snare morph).  I'm sure everyone was playing really bad and suboptimal but the heals and daedric curse out attritioned ranged characters and encase was so good against melee characters I felt really op.

large scale pvp was kind of a shit show but the heals worked well to support ppl using siege equipment and daedric curse is great for poking

overall when I switched to resto staff I felt like I was doing more damage, moving faster through content and more valuable to groups.  I will definitely use a resto staff at launch with my sorc.  Maybe I was just using them wrong but the destro staff skills seemed garbage and the attacks didn't seem like they did more damage than resto staff

Seems like this would be better if you put Winged Twilight in instead of Mage's Fury and move than to an execution bar.  The extra Mana Regen and DPS would help a ton in longer battles.

Earl Grey

Earl Grey

• 20 Posts

Seems like this would be better if you put Winged Twilight in instead of Mage's Fury and move than to an execution bar.  The extra Mana Regen and DPS would help a ton in longer battles.

That was just my experience with the last beta.  I didn't have the  winged twighlight abilitie but mages fury was just good for tagging people in larger battles to get more player kills.  I'm sure there are plenty of things i could have tuned to be better and same with the people i faced for instance melee nightblades seemed really underpowered but i'm sure they could be built more effectively

drock

drock

So is there a bonus to damage while sneaking?  If so, would you be able to Crit Charge for extra Damage while sneaking?

drock

drock

Would be an insane Sorc opener if you could pop Surge/Momentum then Sneak and Crit Charge target.

Hans

Hans

• 45 Posts
I read there is bonus damage from sneaking for light and heavy attacks. I don't know about skills, but would be very interested in this. Stealth charge sounds awesome!

CanisPanther

CanisPanther

• 36 Posts
The hardest part I'm havin with my Blitzkrieg Sorc is a heal debuff. We have tons of mobility, crits, and heals, just nothing outside of Negate Magic to stop heals. Hopefully they have an enchant to compensate for this.

Guys I'd like to know if anyone has some information about the following Point:

- What is the lightning Status effect? When  I played beta I saw enemies turning to ash although i had not learned the stom calling passive Disintegrate. If disintegrate is the Status effect, the + chance of the Storm Calling passive and the double chance of the Arcane Fighter talent (2h) would be a strong combination to execute low health Targets (whatever low health means)

I really like the builds posted here, but it seems to me that Overload is not considered a valid choice for an ulitmate. Personally I found it really strong because it gives you a complete new actionbar when used (the Ultimate has to stay the same of course). So it can be used not only as a damage ability but like a weapon swap once you got the necessary Ultimate. Or am I missing something important?

NoRefunds

NoRefunds

• 36 Posts

-the lightning status effect should be a dmg reduction,just like the one you get with force shock

-overload is nice but there are other ultimates that are way better in group fights or for burst damage

oljx

oljx

• 5 Posts

Overload is nice, not nearly as nice as other ultimates available but still.

On the secondary bar with the morph which allow to regen mana on hits, it can be pretty usefull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com