Photo

The Sorcerer Thread

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

*pokes head in*

I'm not sure if this is the place for questions, but shoot, I'll do it anyway.

I'm going to have a sorcerer alt, and I'm going to want to be a really mobile and sneaky healer for PvP because I'll be following around a group of sneaky hard-hitting DPS rogues as their pocket healer. This means, however, that I'll probably want to wear leather for the most part, which is beneficial to stealth, speed and stamina- but I don't know how wise it is to do this when as a healer I'll probably need to rely on magicka. Haaalp.

I already know that I want it to be a Breton. But I'm stuck as to where I should start off for my sneaky/fast healer concept (think restoration druid, if you've played WoW). Is it even viable?

Very viable. :) On a sorce you can do this and it's just as good as MP--either way you're going to be using Dark Exchange as a healer, so it doesn't matter whether you're using high amounts of MP regen or ST regen, it amounts to the same...but St regen actually heals you as well with Dark Exchange, and MP regen saves you a bit more time because you won't have to cast DE quite as often (~20% less or w/e).

Breton's a good choice.

Something like:

Breton - 7/7 medium (it also increases the damage and atk speed of your resto staff because it's melee weapon) - Resto/Bow

Resto-

DE

Lightning Form

Regen

BOP

Ward

*Negate

Bow-

Familiar

Twilight

Surge

Poison Arrow

Volley

*Atronarch

You'll take a lot of magic damage, and you don't have much for control, but I think it will still work out nicely.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Falkner

Falkner

• 26 Posts

Very viable. :) On a sorce you can do this and it's just as good as MP--either way you're going to be using Dark Exchange as a healer, so it doesn't matter whether you're using high amounts of MP regen or ST regen, it amounts to the same...but St regen actually heals you as well with Dark Exchange, and MP regen saves you a bit more time because you won't have to cast DE quite as often (~20% less or w/e).

Breton's a good choice.

Something like:

Breton - 7/7 medium (it also increases the damage and atk speed of your resto staff because it's melee weapon) - Resto/Bow

Resto-

DE

Lightning Form

Regen

BOP

Ward

*Negate

Bow-

Familiar

Twilight

Surge

Poison Arrow

Volley

*Atronarch

You'll take a lot of magic damage, and you don't have much for control, but I think it will still work out nicely.

Thanks! Good to know there are ways to make it work; I'll have to try this come open beta (or closed if I'm lucky) and see how it works. :3

One question though- restoration staffs are melee weapons? As in, in combat you smack people with them close-range? 

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

One question though- restoration staffs are melee weapons? As in, in combat you smack people with them close-range?

No the base attack is a range spell which deals dmg and heals nearby allies.

Falkner

Falkner

• 26 Posts

And here I wanted to smack people with my staff. Ah well- good to know, thanks!

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

And here I wanted to smack people with my staff. Ah well- good to know, thanks!

You can but that's the interrupt (hold right click left).

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Ahh, hmm, it was confusing looking in videos, it looked like just be melee that heals. This makes more sense though.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Ahh, hmm, it was confusing looking in videos, it looked like just be melee that heals. This makes more sense though.

If you attack someone and your Pet attacks him head on you will deal dmg to the enemy and heal your Pet.

The base attack is similiar to the Destruction Staff but you deal less dmg and therefore heal for a little bit.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

As you all probably know, I've been going back and forth between what class I want to play as. I always come back to the Templar, but this week I've been all about the Sorc. I just wanted to post my current build plans:

Altmer Sorc – 32 HP 17 MP 0 St – St Pots

PVP BARS (7 Light or 5 Light 2 Heavy[main-piece])

Resto- Lifesteal

Conjured Ward

Armor

Familiar

Twilight

Exchange

Shock Destro- Shock

Encase

Fury (or Force Shock, depending on how important interrupts end up being)

Splash (or Force Shock, if interrupts are important and Fury ends up being better than Splash, but I think Splash will be better than Fury for sure.)

Escape

Exchange

Ult- Highborn

I'll mostly be using resto bar—simply surviving with Conjured Ward/Dark Exchange until it gets to about 4+ targets.

When it turns into group fights of 4 or more in any target area—Encase -> Splash -> White hits until kill-target is almost 20% -> Fury. Repeat until group's dead. Exchange when needed. Escape if things get hairy.

PVE BARS-

Group Varient (7 Light)

Resto- SP

Force Siphon

Regeneration

Steadfast Ward

Rune Prison

Exchange

Shock Destro- Shock

Encase

Splash

Fury

Escape

Exchange

Ult- Highborn

Typical healing bar is main bar in group PVE. I feel like in PVP the DPS will get me further in groups but in PVE the healing will. Force Siphon, Regeneration, and white-heals for everyone. Steadfast Ward when one is low. Rune Prison is necessary for group PVE.

When DPS is needed, same group DPS strat as PVP bar. Control/AOE.

Solo Varient (7 Light or 5 Light 2 Heavy[main-piece])

Shock Destro- Shock

Weakness

Surge

Familiar

Twilight

Exchange

Resto- Lifesteal

Conjured Ward

Armor

Familiar

Twilight

Exchange

Ult- Highborn

While soloing I think that pets will be immensely powerful. Tank and Damage in one (two even! :P)

Depending on how many targets are in the fight, I can either finish one target quickly with buffed up destro damage or I can simply survive while pets and resto staff slowly take things out, dedicating resources toward Conjured Ward for all 3 of us.

Armor reasoning and enchant list: I decided to go back to 2 Heavy, but I might end up going back to 7 light and taking armor rating enchantments if it ends up giving similar AR but better passives for me..which I think it will, otherwise the AR enchant will be such a small % bonus for heavy armor wearers.. So, anyway, I might back out of the 2 Heavy since I'm not planning on using Immovable anymore.

If I go with 7 light I will take a lot of +AR and then +St flat regen (as well as St pots) because it is the most effective resource for me to get back as a % of total, giving me more of the other 2 resources when possible as well.

If I get enough AR + St Reg, I'll go +Power, SP or WP I'm not sure of yet—but probably looking like WP. If I do go mostly WP then I'll need to change my PVP Destro bar for Surge and Fury because I'll be better @ single-target. This would be bad though, because it would make my Resto bar semi-redundant and I'd have to change that to my group bar for PVP as well..

There are too many unknowns right now to say any of this for sure, but I think that it looks pretty good on paper compared to most other builds I've made. It might not be the strongest in every area, but I feel like it has the least amount of weaknesses of any other possible builds.

Shock Destro- Shock because of the Storm Calling passives. However, they say "spells" or "abilities" so I doubt it will affect the white damage or the enchantment, but maybe. If not then I'd do Frost Enchant and Fire Staff, I'd use Shock Staff still if I was going to use Force Shock though because that would be a lightning ability/spell in that case.

I'd really like to be Daggerfall, and my Orc DK 1H&S Heavy build is looking pretty sweet these days as well.. so I might end up with that. It all depends on how things flow for these builds in beta.

I also think that if pets aren't very powerful and Exchange gets interrupted a lot then sorc will be pretty mediocre.

If Exchange channel can be stopped every 1 second then I think the chances of it being interrupted are slim.

moep

moep

I wonder if there is any chance of a meele sorcerer being effective?

Can you have 2 or more Deadric Summonings simultaneously?

I thought of an Heavy Armor build, and tanking the damage while your pet(s)? deal damage from behind

Maybe with dual wield or 2h for more damage. But do the weapon based skills do enough damage? as you would rely only on oets and buffs from the Sorcerer tree

Orion

Orion

• 3 Posts

I'm interested in the bound armaments morph for bound armor.  Anyone think the bonus to heavy attack damage would be worth the sacrifice of 11% of your magika for a pvp dps build?  Anyone know if it will stack with overload?  I'm hoping to center my build around white damage using mages fury as my mana sink.  This is the build im looking at currently -

PVP (5 Light 2 Heavy)

Shock Destro - DPS

Weakness to Elements

Entropy/Force Shock

Mages Fury

Encase

Immovable

Ult - Overload

Resto- Buff

Bolt Escape - Ball of Lightning

Armor - Armaments - 8% Heavy Attack Buff

Magelight - Crit increase

Twilight - Mana Regen

Dark Exchange

Ult- Highborn

kylephelps757

kylephelps757

• 4 Posts

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]What do you guys think of a Heavily armored 2H sorcerer with both pets and the armor spell on one bar and a destruction/healing staff and some utility and damage spells on the other bar.[/font]

[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]The idea here is that you start off in melee and the pets using the 2H and use the majority of your stamina then switch back to the staff and nuke line with a nearly fresh mana pool. What do you think?[/font]

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

I wonder if there is any chance of a meele sorcerer being effective?

Can you have 2 or more Deadric Summonings simultaneously?

I thought of an Heavy Armor build, and tanking the damage while your pet(s)? deal damage from behind

Maybe with dual wield or 2h for more damage. But do the weapon based skills do enough damage? as you would rely only on oets and buffs from the Sorcerer tree

I'm guessing that a Shield would do better than 2h or DW. You won't be doing much damage anyway, so you might want to gives yourself some extra tankiness and let your pets do more work.

Something like this maybe:

7 heavy, 1h/S

Shield Charge

Low Slash

Twilight

Familiar

Conjured Ward

?

No problems there for a nice solo build.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Breton Sorc

7 light

Destruction Staff

Mage's Fury

Crystal Shard (with chance to be an instant cast for 50% mag)

Entropy

Bound Armor (Morph increased armor)

Twillight (Morph for extra Magicka reg)

Overload (Morph restore magicka with basic attacks)

second bar same as first just instead of twilight Dark Exchange and for PvP Negate magic

The idea is quite simple a Breton Sorc has high spell resi, high magicka reg and quite a lot of cost reduce.

With this you gain an extra 20% Hp reg a big armor buff some extra passive dmg through your pet.

Entropy is a dot which also is a HoT for you.

Crystal Shard's hits really hard plus is a knockdown + heals you for 6% of your max HP.

And Fury is your spam attack.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Breton Sorc

7 light

Destruction Staff

Mage's Fury

Crystal Shard (with chance to be an instant cast for 50% mag)

Entropy

Bound Armor (Morph increased armor)

Twillight (Morph for extra Magicka reg)

Overload (Morph restore magicka with basic attacks)

second bar same as first just instead of twilight Dark Exchange and for PvP Negate magic

The idea is quite simple a Breton Sorc has high spell resi, high magicka reg and quite a lot of cost reduce.

With this you gain an extra 20% Hp reg a big armor buff some extra passive dmg through your pet.

Entropy is a dot which also is a HoT for you.

Crystal Shard's hits really hard plus is a knockdown + heals you for 6% of your max HP.

And Fury is your spam attack.

OP, haha

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

OP, haha

Actually I think I allready have a better build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com