The Nightblade Thread

Musclemagic

@theory:

mark is too good not to use imo, my questions about it are: what does "resistances" encompass? just spells? poisons? does armor count as a resistance?

I also have a question about evasion: what is dodgeable? just melee attacks? all spells?

you can probably see where I am going with this in that I wonder whether annulment would be better than evasion for the purpose of mitigating the negative effect of mark. for general use i can understand the use of evasion as just a straight up damage mitigator vs whatever is dodgeable.

could it be worth incorporating 1 piece of heavy armor to get immovable for the same purpose as well as gaining cc protection?

i was also wondering why you've dropped entropy from the light armor/spell variant of your build?

here is what i'm considering currently:

Breton, 6 light, 1 heavy

resto staff bar:mark targetstrifeentropycrippleshadow cloakdeath stroke

bow bar:hastesiphoning strikesscatter shotimmoveableshadow cloakconsuming darkness

distance hit and run is obviously what i'm going for here, alternatively here is a dw bar in place of my bow bar for burst finishing:

dual wield bar:

immoveableblur

teleport strikeassassin's bladeshadow cloakconsuming darkness

pardon my ignorance regarding game mechanics. 

ahh yes, thanks for bringing those to my attention, valuable skills for sure. i see you edited your post to include them. I can see them being totally necessary for some builds, but not all. in group play i would think that you wouldn't want all of your group members to have both abilities on their bars. definitely abilities to consider and coordinate with your group.

Revising my thoughts for an Orc NB Berserker.Thinking of going 2H instead of DW. I'm trying to cut back on Magicka costs. 2H allows me to use Reverse Slash over Assassins Blade and Critical Strike over Teleport Strike.Orc, 5Medium+2Light or 7MediumFocus on Orc, Armor, Siphon, and Weapon PassivesRefreshing Shadow and Battle Rush can hopefully help with Stamina recovery.2H1 Mark Target2 Critical Strike3 Shadow Cloak4 Veiled Strike5 Reverse SlashU. BerserkerBow1. Siphoning Strikes2. Scatter Shot3. Volley4. Haste, Cripple, Path of Darkness*5. Poison ArrowU- Consuming Darkness maybeWhen not with a healer I'll need Strife on 2H loadout. Maybe remove Veiled and come out of SC with one of the others. In PvE I might want Cleave.Get in, do a lot of damage quickly. Dodge roll, SC and scramble away. With Orc+Medium passives I could have the best sprint speed at lowest cost. Switch to bow and Siphon res back while kiting or staying behind allies. *Haste could help Siphon faster, Cripple could help kite. PoD a possibility for strafing but Haste most likely the option.Don't have the Assassination passives for Crit chance. (Maybe Hemmorage) but maybe Arcane Warrior the 2H ability will help.http://eso.massyx.de/1frsrx1Rough setup. Maybe an unrealistic number of passives so far. Nothings set in stone.Edit:Momentum is another option,could have slotted opposite Bow's Haste.(Or even use Haste on both)I do miss the Stun that TS gives me. Maybe I can come out of Shadow Cloak with Uppercut the follow that with another Critical Strike as an alternative combo.

Guest Mandalore

Yep I really miss Teleport Strike like I'd said. I'll probably try and use it anyway. Or switch Mark Target for Momentum.Or both. MT for Momentum, TS for CS. Still keeping down on Magicka choices and Momentum might have a nice affect along with TS's Morph.

Guest Mandalore

I've thought about that in the past when I first began thinking about the NB Orc. Now that there's more info and I've seen the weapon swap seems to be fairly quick I may have to revisit it. Before I worried the delay would be too significant.

This makes nightblades the "main assist" in pvp. Nightblades are also the most difficult class to kill in pvp due to shadow cloak, their evasive fighting style and consuming darkness.

Magelight will be everywhere. 12 meter radius. 

Maybe not in 1-on-1 quite as much, but certainly in groups.

Magelight will be everywhere. 12 meter radius. 

Maybe not in 1-on-1 quite as much, but certainly in groups.

Yes and Magelight is PERMANENT a toggle skill ... if I have Magelight on, no NB can vanish/ ShadowCloak in 12 m radius when in melee range with me

since magelight stays on all the time u can only outplay it with a bow, melee just cant get a sneak strike if someone in the enemy team is using it,and i guess that tanks will use it

This is a big deal. what is the interst  or role of a melee  stealth nb if you can't approch for the first strike .  but your right the only counter i see to that for the moment it's to play distance or make a melee non stealth nb with heavy armor ?

But is sad.... if only this spell was an active skill and not  a toggled one. Because as said earlier -5% of tatal magika is a low price to pay for potentially make useless the stealth in short distance. Even if you can be see only by the caster he have 12m for cc you and after massive gank on you. And don't forget everyone can join the mage guild so potentially everyone can reveal you.

rough time ahead. time to make a counter.

Invisibility is only half of the benefit from shadow cloak, its worth using even if you are revealed IMMEDIATELY for the following reasons.

1. It removes a dot on you

2. It activates shadow barrier which gives you almost 2/3rds as much armor and spell resistance as lightning form for 4 seconds!

3. It gives you 15-30% stamina regeneration for 6 seconds

That is reason enough to cloak every 6 seconds, regardless of whether your invisibility is revealed right away or not. Shadow cloak is one of the best defensive skills in the game, just like sun shield and lightning form.

There no reason to be scary at the moment cause is still the beta and we don't know how it will be until the release. But it's not a reason to don't fear a spell like that (at least if you want to play melee) it's will not a big deal for all NB depending on their template and stuff. 

Yep i think it will take a skill slot. it"s exactly like Siphoning Strike.

But many player will reserve at least one slot for utlitary in pvp so it's like Heavy Armor or Rapid Maneuver. this skill can become a must have for group in pvp.

Invisibility is only half of the benefit from shadow cloak, its worth using even if you are revealed IMMEDIATELY for the following reasons.

1. It removes a dot on you

2. It activates shadow barrier which gives you almost 2/3rds as much armor and spell resistance as lightning form for 4 seconds!

3. It gives you 15-30% stamina regeneration for 6 seconds

That is reason enough to cloak every 6 seconds, regardless of whether your invisibility is revealed right away or not. Shadow cloak is one of the best defensive skills in the game, just like sun shield and lightning form.

Agree with you. sure you can engage with the stealth bow attack then switch and tp in melee and use shadow cloak only for the bonus the problem is for engage somoene with the basic "stealth mod" with for exemple a vieled strike.

my Nightblade Skills:

( 1! 2Handblade and Bow + Heavy Armor as Khajiit)

1: Teleport Strike (Assassination)

2: Assassin's Blade (Assassination)

3: Uppercut (2h Tree)

4: Shadow Cloak (Shadow) / Momentum (2h Tree)

5: Haste (Assassination)

Ulti: Death Stroke (Assassination)

1: Poison Arrow (Bow)

2: Scatter Shot (Bow)

3: Arrow Spray  (Bow)

4: Shadow Cloak (Shadow)

5: Snipe (Bow)

Ulti: Consuming Darkness (Shadow)

i hope the passives: Refreshing Shadows 15% Stam. reg after used a Shadowability and  Battle Rush from the 2h Abil. 25% Stam reg after killing a enemy will be enought Stamina refreshing 2 use the Bow effektiv.

what do u think is it a nice tree ? ^^

my Nightblade Skills:

( 1! 2Handblade and Bow + Heavy Armor as Khajiit)

1: Teleport Strike (Assassination)

2: Assassin's Blade (Assassination)

3: Uppercut (2h Tree)

4: Shadow Cloak (Shadow) / Momentum (2h Tree)

5: Haste (Assassination)

Ulti: Death Stroke (Assassination)

1: Poison Arrow (Bow)

2: Scatter Shot (Bow)

3: Arrow Spray  (Bow)

4: Shadow Cloak (Shadow)

5: Snipe (Bow)

Ulti: Consuming Darkness (Shadow)

i hope the passives: Refreshing Shadows 15% Stam. reg after used a Shadowability and  Battle Rush from the 2h Abil. 25% Stam reg after killing a enemy will be enought Stamina refreshing 2 use the Bow effektiv.

what do u think is it a nice tree ? ^^

PvP or PVE? Too much stamina skills for a pvp build ... you will need yout stam to dodge, sprint, block, immovable. ... and no pvp skills against cc ... fpr pve? its ok

i wonna skill 1/6 magica 2/6 HP 3/6 stamina and maybe 2 mid armors 5 heavy + some Stamina enchantments are planed.

But i wonna use this skill collection also at the pvp. 

as opening the Bow with the snare usw and if they get closed 2 me i can hide me with the shadow cloak (Stam reg 15%) + weapon switch and a fast kill should refresh my stam.

thats the plan. if it works ? i hope so ;)