The Nightblade Thread

Musclemagic

Here is my thoughts abotu nightblade in ESO (PVP) :

So your job as assasin is to take out their DPS asap right...
Becasue of that you will need a lot of burst and you need to move around battlefield without enemy notising you. Becasuse in ESO you dont have cooldowns and your spells are spamable as long as you have enought mana/stamina. Personally i thinkwhen you need to kill 1 target as nightblade you dont need that much sustain damage and more like burst damage and quick way to get out if in trouble. So here is the thing i came up with:

Shadow Skilltree

Shadow cloak
Veiled Strike

Assasination Skilltree

Assasins Blade
Teleport Strike
Mark target

Ultimate

Death stroke (Assasination Skilltree)

SOOOOOOO basically thats how it works:
You see a high priority target (Like dps mage)

1) You start by 'Mark Target' That makes your and his attack to ignore 75% of eachother resistanses (That is kinda risky but remember your job is to take them out asap.)

2) You gap-close to them with 'Teleport Strike' If i understand correctly morph on this ability allowss you to deal 30% more damage on your next attack against target and it stuns them (or it only stuns pve targets im not sure :mellow:)

3) Then after you attaked them once after 'Teleport Strike' you immediately use 'Shadow Cloak' (this is also a great escape tool if something goes wrong) That is what will make you hard to target and is key ability to your next move whitch is...

4) 'Veiled Strike' When used in stealth this ability will stun the enemy for 4 seconds... That is a lot! And dont forget that if you morph this ability it will also reduse enemy armor too! Awesome!

5) Your target is stuned after 'Veiled strike' so you are free to do normal attacks to them maybe knock them off but for me its good time to use your ultimate in this moment... 'Death Stroke'... This ability deal damage based on your ultimate pool (up to 175%) and reduse healing effect by 75%(?) so ifthe enemy healer notised their dps is dying they will try to heal him up BUT OH SNAP HE WILL RESIVE ONLY 15% OF IT > :D

6) Finaly your enemy shoud be low enought for you to use  'Assasins Blade'... This ability does up to 300% damage to low health targets and works as an execute if this doesent kill him just finish him off with another 'Shadow Cloack' -> 'Veiled Strike' combo

--------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see this combo require a lot of mana and you dont have any ability that uses stamina on this.. Im not sure will this work becase 1 rotation will require about 235 mana so basically you need to put more than 13 lvlpoints in your manapool and because you dont use any stamina abilityes you wont need stamina that much so i think you need to lvl them like this... 3:2:1 (mp:hp:sp). Health is quite important because othervise you will be squishy and they will just kill you when they find you...

So that was my version of the Nightblade assasin. Feel free to correct me if i got something wrong or add your opinion about this :D

Its not a bad idea by any means but what people forget is the secondary skill bar can be made to synergize with the first bar. Something like leeching strikes or something could work really well with a bow for when you need to use LOS and plink at peoples health when you are at low life or outnumbered. This past beta I did something similar. I went TP strike>Assassination Blade> Flurry (pointless in pvp imo)(wont be taking this), ambush, Stife, Ult: DeathStroke. I have a totally different setup after testing some stuff out. Ill have you guys critique it when I have a moment to sit down and theorycraft the rest of the second bar.

Here is my thoughts abotu nightblade in ESO (PVP) :

So your job as assasin is to take out their DPS asap right...

Becasue of that you will need a lot of burst and you need to move around battlefield without enemy notising you. Becasuse in ESO you dont have cooldowns and your spells are spamable as long as you have enought mana/stamina. Personally i thinkwhen you need to kill 1 target as nightblade you dont need that much sustain damage and more like burst damage and quick way to get out if in trouble. So here is the thing i came up with:

Shadow Skilltree

Shadow cloak

Veiled Strike

Assasination Skilltree

Assasins Blade

Teleport Strike

Mark target

Ultimate

Death stroke (Assasination Skilltree)

SOOOOOOO basically thats how it works:

You see a high priority target (Like dps mage)

1) You start by 'Mark Target' That makes your and his attack to ignore 75% of eachother resistanses (That is kinda risky but remember your job is to take them out asap.)

2) You gap-close to them with 'Teleport Strike' If i understand correctly morph on this ability allowss you to deal 30% more damage on your next attack against target and it stuns them (or it only stuns pve targets im not sure :mellow:)

3) Then after you attaked them once after 'Teleport Strike' you immediately use 'Shadow Cloak' (this is also a great escape tool if something goes wrong) That is what will make you hard to target and is key ability to your next move whitch is...

4) 'Veiled Strike' When used in stealth this ability will stun the enemy for 4 seconds... That is a lot! And dont forget that if you morph this ability it will also reduse enemy armor too! Awesome!

5) Your target is stuned after 'Veiled strike' so you are free to do normal attacks to them maybe knock them off but for me its good time to use your ultimate in this moment... 'Death Stroke'... This ability deal damage based on your ultimate pool (up to 175%) and reduse healing effect by 75%(?) so ifthe enemy healer notised their dps is dying they will try to heal him up BUT OH SNAP HE WILL RESIVE ONLY 15% OF IT > :D

6) Finaly your enemy shoud be low enought for you to use  'Assasins Blade'... This ability does up to 300% damage to low health targets and works as an execute if this doesent kill him just finish him off with another 'Shadow Cloack' -> 'Veiled Strike' combo

--------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see this combo require a lot of mana and you dont have any ability that uses stamina on this.. Im not sure will this work becase 1 rotation will require about 235 mana so basically you need to put more than 13 lvlpoints in your manapool and because you dont use any stamina abilityes you wont need stamina that much so i think you need to lvl them like this... 3:2:1 (mp:hp:sp). Health is quite important because othervise you will be squishy and they will just kill you when they find you...

So that was my version of the Nightblade assasin. Feel free to correct me if i got something wrong or add your opinion about this :D

I like your idea. Think that u may add second loadout to round it up let say with bow ..... 

Redguard ; 5 medium and 2 Light ; capped stamina, close to cap magic, rest to health. 

2H

Stampede

Cloak

Surprise attack

Executioner

Impale

Death stroke

Bow

Focused aim

Magnum  shot

Cleanse

Reapers mark

Rapid maneuver

Veil of blades 

My idea of engaging is Stealth ,  Reapers mark , Snipe, Charge (gap closer and  immobilize ) , Cloak,  Veiled strike (Stun ), Death stroke , Execute , Assassin's blade .  Against one enemy should be enough. 

Guest Guest

Does "Haste" from the Assassination tree count as an Assassination ability or is it more like a selfbuff?

It is supposed to increase attack speed with light and heavy attacks.

Question is, if the Assassination passive "Executioner" (morphed to Incapacitate) affects also white dmg, while the character is under the influence of Haste,

and killing an enemy target with a normal attack should then restore X magicka over X seconds (which comes from the passive)?

Does "Haste" from the Assassination tree count as an Assassination ability or is it more like a selfbuff?

It is supposed to increase attack speed with light and heavy attacks.

Question is, if the Assassination passive "Executioner" (morphed to Incapacitate) affects also white dmg, while the character is under the influence of Haste,

and killing an enemy target with a normal attack should then restore X magicka over X seconds (which comes from the passive)?

Really should register an account.

1) Its an Assasination ability that is a temporary buff (17 secs after hitting hotkey) will persist even if you switch weapon bars.

2) Yes it makes your default mouse attacks (left mouse button) go off faster.

3) No. Needs to be Death Stroke (U), Assassins Blade or Teleport Strike that does the final point of damage. i.e. You cant "bow" them down with Haste going and get restore buff.

Guest Djalil

Could anyone that has been in beta tell me how viable is to use dots as a your "nuke"?

Allow me to explain.

Keep "mark target" and all attack enhancing/healing on attack buffs you can possibly stack on on secondary bar, with some utility and heals/or shield,

Then switch to main bar and

Agony (dot morph)->entropy->strife->cripple->soul trap (on the phone can't look at morphs properly).

So we have 4 dots on a marked target plus a potential nuke with strife plus some healing and all as a healthy mix of magicka and stamina (entropy + soul trap)

This will fit my character's background perfectly, I just don't know how damaging 4 dots and strifing will be.

Planning on having resto staff for extra healing on dot's bar.

One more question. How viable is this combo?

Summon shade (cast again to teleport back to shade)

Teleport strike

Shadow cloak

Veiled stun (4 secs)

Teleport back to shade?

I LOVE the way it sounds. In and out real quick and it allows for a free agony cast (only cast on dots build, 1.5 secs methinks).

This would allow you to have for better positioning while target is incapacitated.

Thanks in advance for your time fellow nightbladers.

Guest Djalil

1on1 it might be good, but otherwise -> Purge/Cleansing and ur done for

Well that's true but in case you're working in a group environment you could also switch to full support. You're using a resto staff after all. Couple of regenerate and a shield and here you go.

Guest Winkey

I notice everyone here seems to be going for different weapons on the 2 bars. I was thinking daggers for both bars, one for dps. one for buffs/regen. Something like this:

Bar 1

1. Surprise Attack

2. Shadowy Disguise

3. Swallow Soul

4. Debilitate

5. Ember Explosion

Bar 2

1. Ambush

2. Double Take

3. Incapacitate

4. Reaper's Mark

5. Siphoning Strikes

Ultimate for both Bolstering Darkness. I would be going 7 Light armor to help with Magicka costs.

Thoughts?

Hi, what you think about this build?

Race: Khajiit
(stealth and crit boni)

Nightblade, PVP Solo Build

First Bar:
Duel Wield Daggers

1. Reapers Mark
2. Ambush
3. Shadow Disguise
4. Suprise Attack
5. Killers Blade

Ulti. Soul Harvest

Second Bar:
Bow

1. Shadow Disguiese
2. Lethal Arrow
3. Magnum Shot
4. Swallow Soul
5. Siphoning Attacks

Ulti. Veil of Blades

I don't know if this build makes sense because of not using any duel wield skill,
but I love the duel wield style ;) and I guess the normal attack dmg with a khjiit and duel wield
would be the best.

I want to try this build for PvP.
I just want to go solo killing from the range if it is possible or just attack them directly.
This build isn't planed for grouping or Zerg, just go on stealth mode and kill solo people.
Thats the way I want to play.

Please help me to improve my build!!!

Or send me new builds with bow and duel wield for solo pvp as a Khajiit!

Thanks a lot and sorry for my writing.

(English isn't my native language)

Khajiit is getting crit damage bonus for melee attacks ( weapon abilities and white hits ). Problem i see with first loadout is that u dont have melee attacks other than white hits. What i would do is that i would go on second bar with reapers mark instead of cloak . On first loadout i would go with some of weapon abilities ( twin blades or hidden blade ) and/or haste to complement siphoning and to enhance white hits . 

Thanks a lot for the help.

On this beta I will try a lot but I think that the bow bar will be fine.

The way I play is that I go on stealth and try to kill solo people.

I only have to choose between two versions

First Version Bow:

1. Reapers Mark
2. Lethal Arrow
3. Magnum Shot
4. Swallow Soul
5. Siphoning Attacks

Ulti. Veil of Blades

Second Version Bow:

1. : Shadow Disguiese
2. : Lethal Arrow
3. : Draining Shot
4. : Swallow Soul
5. : Piercing Mark

Ulti.: Soul Tether

The  melee bar looks diffrent I'm not sure which spell and weapon I should use.

DW or 2H

Duel Wield Daggers

1. Shadow Disguise
2. Ambush
3. Rending Slashes      
4. Suprise Attack
5. Killers Blade

Ulti. Soul Harvest

But I don't know how to get haste and siphoning in this build because I think killers blade and Ambush are very important.

So if anyone has a good 2H oder DW bar for me please post it here ;)

More over I don't know If I need something like immovable or rapid maneuver.

So what you think about this build ???