Photo

General Skill Questions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Rally

Rally

• 79 Posts
Naturally with spells like Dark Exchanhe you can get past this problem but that spell will most likely be more effecient if you have lots of stamina, so you might also have to consider some medium armor in your armor build. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too :) And I will se you guys in ESO when it launches! 

OK,I better max out on Stamina to, lets say 1500, so i can lose ~354 Stamina/s instead of losing 230 Stamina/s when I leave my Stamina completly unlvlt. Way to go!I realy hope I will see u in ESO, but not on my team!

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Dane

Dane

• 4 Posts

OK,I better max out on Stamina to, lets say 1500, so i can lose ~354 Stamina/s instead of losing 230 Stamina/s when I leave my Stamina completly unlvlt. Way to go!I realy hope I will see u in ESO, but not on my team!

where are you getting those numbers from???Seriously I want to know, besides I didn't come up with an actual build for you to make assumptions as to what you should wear and put attribute points into. I simply wanted to explain that light armor is better for spell casting (with more magicka associated with the armor pieces) and heavy armor better for survivabilty (with higher armor and health associated with the armor pieces).If I'm wrong then why would a caster wear anything other than heavy armor in ESO (if you don't look at passives and attribute points for a minute, although they definately play a part in character building)???

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

Where do you know that you will have over 1000 stamina at lvl 50? 

You start out with 100 in each attribute.

Each level you gain 20 in each attribute.

By level 50 you will have, at least, 1080 in each attribute.

You also gain 1 attribute point each level that you can place in an attribute of your choose. 

This point will add 10 to the attribute of your choosing.

By level 50 you will get 490 points to distribute from this.

where are you getting those numbers from???Seriously I want to know, besides I didn't come up with an actual build for you to make assumptions as to what you should wear and put attribute points into. I simply wanted to explain that light armor is better for spell casting (with more magicka associated with the armor pieces) and heavy armor better for survivabilty (with higher armor and health associated with the armor pieces).If I'm wrong then why would a caster wear anything other than heavy armor in ESO (if you don't look at passives and attribute points for a minute, although they definately play a part in character building)???

Simple math? :)

There is also leaked videos that showcase your attribute ratings at level 50.

Light armor is good for all builds that are fueled mainly by magicka abilities (which is ALL class abilities, not just long range "casters").

For example, you can build a perfectly viable backstabber by wearing medium armor and dual wielding. Spending stamina to sneak around. Sneak attack from behind. Channel Flurry while he is stunned from the sneak attack. Twin slashes for DD and a DoT. Trigger Evasion from medium armor to make you really hard to hit. Hidden blade if he tries to run. Spark if you need to get away. Your start class does not really matter for this build. You can be a templar, sorcerer or dragon knight. Doesn't matter. This particular build is only fueled by weapon and armor skills anyway.

But you can ALSO build a perfectly viable backstabber (more of an illusionist assassin really) by rolling a night blade wearing light armor and wield whatever weapon you like. Spending Magicka to become invisible with Shadow Cloak (rather than using sneak). Mark target and trigger haste. Open up with veiled strike (rather than sneak attack). Follow up with a power attack to exploit the off balance (to knock him down). New Shadow Cloak to open up for a new cheap shot opening. This build depend abilities that are only fueled by magicka.

Light armor and a focus on magicka is generally better for restoration staff healers and destruction staff long range users (better races for this would be altmer, breton, dunmer).

Medium armor and a focus on stamina is generally better for archers and dual wield users (better races for thsi would be redguards, khajiit, bosmer).

Heavy armor and a focus on health is generally better for One hand and Shield tanks and two handed melee range aoe builds (better races for this would be nord, argonian, orsimer).

You can also build builds that mix both class abilities AND weapon/armor abilities (or plan to utilize a lot of stamina for block, sprint, sneak, dodge...) so you take advantage of and double dip into both resources. That will is probably the most successful recipe for success if you ask me.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

For a non-dragon knight most [PvE] tank and mitigation abilities are fueled by stamina anyway. There might be one or two tankish class abilities (that cost Magicka) but for a sorcery using bound armor i would probably just dress up in heavy armor, one hand and shield and slot 4 abilities from one hand and shield, heavy armor (and possible wear one piece of medium armor to use the evade active skill and/or one piece of light armor for the spellresist active skill). Except for bound armor the rest will only cost stamina...

By level 50 you will have over 1000 stamina without placing a single point into it (compared to maybe 1500 if you place every single attribute point into an attribute). The difference is not that huge tbh.... 

It's my opinion that any build using 100% ST or 100% MP won't do very well unless you are using an ability that turns one stat into another stat, such as dark exchange or restoring aura.

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

It's my opinion that any build using 100% ST or 100% MP won't do very well unless you are using an ability that turns one stat into another stat, such as dark exchange or restoring aura.

Yes, it would be better to have at least one spammable ability that is fueled by magicka (but at least early on that ability will be different depending on what class you pick). I was mostly just trying to prove a point that not only "casters" depend on magicka.... ;) 

Resources drop pretty quick in ESO

...but they also regenerate rather quick.

Besides stamina, magicka and health there is a fourth resource. Time.

I am not sure spending 20% of your active hot bar slots on abilities that only convert from one resource to another at a 1:1 ratio is the solution. You lose a lot of time. Time you are not doing DPS, healing, CC or whatnot.

Rally

Rally

• 79 Posts
Besides stamina, magicka and health there is a fourth resource. Time.

I am not sure spending 20% of your active hot bar slots on abilities that only convert from one resource to another at a 1:1 ratio is the solution. You lose a lot of time. Time you are not doing DPS, healing, CC or whatnot.

If the skill animations are well animated, a Dark Exchange sorc ain't going to last long in PvP. Even if he stops channeling it after 2s. Half the Stamina gone=Less stamina for evades, cc breaks

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Does anyone know if it's still true that you can spend only 30 points max on Health/Stamina/Magicka?

If so it would make my decission easier,

because than I would go with

Health: 19

Stamina: 30

Magicka: 0

for my DK Tank/Bruiser

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Does anyone know if it's still true that you can spend only 30 points max on Health/Stamina/Magicka?

If so it would make my decission easier,

because than I would go with

Health: 19

Stamina: 30

Magicka: 0

for my DK Tank/Bruiser

Good question.. If it is true and I go Temp Heals, I'd go 30MP : 20HP. Or, I'd go NB melee with 30MP : 20ST.

Pure breads for the win. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com