Outrageous COD: Ghosts System Requirements Announced

Fergal

This has been confirmed by Activision.

Minimum System Requirements:

• [*]OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit [*]CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better [*]Memory: 6 GB RAM [*]Hard Disk Space: 40GB [*]Video: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better [*]Sound: DirectX compatible sound card [*]DirectX: DirectX 11

These alone are very high for min. specs - Considering a GT 8800 (released in what, like 2007?) will run Battlefield 4, known to be a very demanding game, which I can't say the same for Call of Duty, at least up until now.

It gets better...

The recommended graphics card is a GTX 780. A fkn 780, you have to be kidding right? That's a $650 card, only released a few months ago. And that 40GB HDD space, people were complaining about BF4's 30gigs.

This can either mean they somehow stepped up their game an awful lot without even getting a new engine (yep, still the tweaked Quake engine), or it's just so poorly optimized that these are just the specs. Could of course be all a marketing scheme.

• Upvote 1

Looks like my 2-month old computer (well, the 760 anyway) is already obsolete. Lmao at a GTX 780 as the recommended card. Unless they're completely remaking the game from what's on the PS4 / One there's no way that can be accurate; it must be a "buy this overpriced card!" marketing gimmick. I mean come on, that card is like one step down from the Titan and costs ~60% more than an entire next-gen console.

Meh, have no interest in CoD anyways.

Yeah, I really doubt I will ever buy a CoD again, and even though CoD and BF cannot be compared, I'll take BF any day of the week.

Thinking of buying another 660 for SLI, dropped to around €160 here.

I'm not convinced that Ghosts will be any different to previous CoDs, using the same engine isn't fooling anyone. However, I think I'll see if this 40gb file size and recommend specs are actual representational of its graphics on PC. And if it's any good/different. Then I might consider after prizes have dropped, otherwise no. Lol.