Some ponderings on social convention...

Francis

Eye Contact  

6 members have voted

1. 1. When you cross paths with someone, do you look at them?

• No, I blindly look forward past them.
    • No, I look down at my shoes.
    • No! I walk looking up at the sky...
    • Yes. I give them a placid, deer-in-headlights look.
    • Yes. I stare into their soul until they die.
    • A little bit. I make eye contact, then I look away to avoid appearing like I'm staring.

I've been thinking about something lately that I've never really paid much attention to.

Here's the situation: You're walking down the street, and you see an unfamiliar girl headed towards you in the opposite direction. She's a casual, normal-looking person with a placid expression on her face. What kind of eye contact do you usually make in this kind of situation?

(I used a girl for this example because I know for a fact that none of us would give a crap if it was another dude. Ahaha, am I right?)

I usually make a bit of eye contact and just stare forward. It's not so bad if you're outside and there are lots of places to look, but I've also walked down 800 meters of straight hallway with just me and the other person. That's just bad.

What kind of hallway extends almost as far as a kilometer? And you two must have had sex at the end.

• 2 weeks later...