BOE and BOP items?

I read somewhere that all items in the game will be craftable. This made me worry a bit.

I guess they won't make the crafted items bound to the character (perhaps no items are bound?)

My worry is that this will make the game less about skill and more about gold farming. If I can just buy all the best gear in the game without doing the any of the difficult content it will cheapen the experience a lot for me.

I can see that it makes the game a heaven for gold sellers as well.

This is what made me quit playing Neverwinter Online. Why spend weeks and weeks playing to get the gear you want when you can just buy it for real life money. It just kills any sens of achievement and pride you would normally feel over your gear in an MMO.

Please tell me that I've misunderstood something here.

There is the possibility that the parts and enchanting effects required to craft your gear will only be obtainable through drops from creatures and dungeons. So, in theory, just because all armors can be crafted doesn't mean you could just get them from tedious farming.

But, yeah. Any game that has free trade, unless they impose drastic measures like wealth-exchange limits and binding, would have to suffer the problem of black market exchange. Since there is a tier system to the armor, they could theoretically impose a minimum level at which one can wear the different tiers. And nobody said there wouldn't be bound items either, just maybe not in ways you think.

But, for the gods' sake, I would prefer black markets popping up than wealth-exchange limits any day. Take my word on this, daunted traveler.

They said that items out of dungeons will be BoE it is necessary that items aren't bind on pick up otherwise you would have to max out armorsmith,weaponsmith and entchanter your self to gain max gear. And we don't even know if you will be able to max out all those crafting desciplines. But for the best or coolest gear you will need a high Veteran Rank in order to wear it.

It's not BOP, but it's tiered so you need to earn the rights to wear it. But, it's awesome because you can trade with someone if they want to be a caster and you want to be a 2h--it'd be a fair trade as long as the staff and 2h were in the same tier! :)

That sounds promising! I hope that is the case. I can see how they could pull that off in PvP, using some kind of "honor" system, but in PvE? I guess it could be done using some kind of "reputation grinding" as well if the dungeons are tiered. Do we know this is the case?

I thought the PvE gear grind would be much like in GW2 where you get currency and crafting material from bosses and no good gear drops at all.

The best thing that gear isn't BoP is that it will allow me to sell highend gear for huge amounts of gold.

Be careful what you wish for. That could make the game  "pay to win" like Neverwinter, only in this case the profits would go to gold sellers. I hope Musclemagic is right and there is some kind of system in place that keeps noobs from getting the best gear for a few RL bucks.

Be careful what you wish for. That could make the game  "pay to win" like Neverwinter, only in this case the profits would go to gold sellers. I hope Musclemagic is right and there is some kind of system in place that keeps noobs from getting the best gear for a few RL bucks.

There is, it's called Veteran Rank.That wouldn't make the game pay to win because you don't have to pay anything to get the items yourself. As a kind of hardcore player beeing able to sell highend gear allows you to stay way above the inflation.

There is, it's called Veteran Rank.That wouldn't make the game pay to win because you don't have to pay anything to get the items yourself. As a kind of hardcore player beeing able to sell highend gear allows you to stay way above the inflation.

Thanks! I googled veteran rank and there I found an a good in depth explanation. That seems like a good system

A cool thing would be if you equipt an item (BoE) it would be bound to your char but you could still send it to a other player.2 Reasons:1. You just got a new weapon which is way better than your current one and you would like to use it but you can't because first you would have to send it to someone to improve and entchant it. Now you could use it straight away send it later to a other player.2. Because the items is bound to you the player you send the item can't sell or use the item himself which. minimizes the risk of getting robbed.

A cool thing would be if you equipt an item (BoE) it would be bound to your char but you could still send it to a other player.2 Reasons:1. You just got a new weapon which is way better than your current one and you would like to use it but you can't because first you would have to send it to someone to improve and entchant it. Now you could use it straight away send it later to a other player.2. Because the items is bound to you the player you send the item can't sell or use the item himself which. minimizes the risk of getting robbed.

Ye that would be sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

From the latest Ask Us Anything:

Will the veteran system rewards consist of top tier gear (stat-wise), or will they simply consist of cosmetic items and/or titles and achievement rewards?

Currently, we think they’ll be very cool cosmetic things, but that could change. For example, imagine your gear looking like a Golden Saint’s, but all the stats remain the same as the gear you have found. Think of Veteran Rank as similar to level requirements for items. Veteran rewards are still undergoing development.

Seems like I was right to worry. Or did he dodge the question? I'm not sure how to interpret this answer.