To Someone Who Has An Influence In This Website

Upvotes/Likes as money  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• yea
    • nay

I was wondering, If people could use likes/upvoting in a currency way. such as you have so much upvotes to give people when you start out, like you have so much money, and you give people donations, like paying people, for their good threads, being good people, having awesome over-the-top answers, etc. I really like my idea, but the only problem i see is the programming of it. thank you for looking at my idea. please post your thoughts.

For the poll, if you want to put 'other' then please comment.

We had something like that on another forum I ran. It was very popular for the first week or so and then people stopped using all of the features other than the normal +1 / Like we have now. It's an interesting idea, and I'd consider it if people came up with enough uses for it. The caveat being that it has to be something that can't be done with the current system.

If people would like to have +1 AND -1 votes, that is actually just a flip of a switch for me to implement. In the past, people have said they enjoy the current "Facebook" system more because there is only positive reinforcement (no "dislikes") and it leads to more people getting involved. +1/-1 systems tend to have 3-4 people form a clique to neg everyone they don't agree with, so everyone becomes scared to contribute.