Site Redesign

David

It's no secret I'm not a fan of the current look, so of course as my first round of exams loom early next week I decide to procrastinate by planning a redesign of ElderSouls.com.

There are several points I want to address.

[*]No defined borders or bevels. A more modern, flat, "Windows 8" look that's the current web design fad. [*]A more fluid layout. I don't know if I want to increase the maximum width to take up the majority of the browser, but do want to have most of the content area fluid with a fixed side-bar. [*]No background image.  [*]Completely throw out the current home page. It is terrible. Sadly I don't really have a vision on how to fix it other than continue my lame trend of iPad buttons that are taking up the bottom half right now. [*]Possibly a white look. [*]Elements that integrate with your scrolling. Think Yahoo.com divided by about a million.

Of course there's also a 70% chance that this will get buried among my other plans, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm just bouncing ideas off the wall because it's 3am and I can't sleep.

somewhat off topic- you could delete the guest commenting and force them to become members so there are more members.

That's what we tried before, but we found people wouldn't create accounts just to make one thread / comment unless they were planning on doing it anyway. Guests can only post in a few select forums, like Questions and Help, so for now it's not a huge spam issue either. Once ESO is close to release we'll almost definitely change back to requiring accounts though.