PvE and factions

Soaks

Hi!

I've been wondering wether or not I'll be able to do dungeons with people in other factions?

If not, that raises some other questions. Like, wich faction will have the most tanks and healers?

For example, based on previous TES games, Aldmeri Dominion lacks any races that are natural tanks/melee. I could see this leading to alot of problems. It seems like some factions will have an abounence of either ranged or melee players.

This could potentionally lead to some unbalanced PvE/PvP

It's more likely that I've missed some vital information. Anyway, please let me know what you think. 

Hi!

I've been wondering wether or not I'll be able to do dungeons with people in other factions?

If not, that raises some other questions. Like, wich faction will have the most tanks and healers?

For example, based on previous TES games, Aldmeri Dominion lacks any races that are natural tanks/melee. I could see this leading to alot of problems. It seems like some factions will have an abounence of either ranged or melee players.

This could potentionally lead to some unbalanced PvE/PvP

It's more likely that I've missed some vital information. Anyway, please let me know what you think. 

You can run dungeons in other factions but you can't play with people from other factions.

I don't really expect a problems with tanks in Aldmeri Dominion.

There might are people who feel that a Highelf has to be a sorccerer and that a woodelf has to be a nightblade, however there will more than enough people who will play a Dragonknight Highelf or so.

• Upvote 1

They've also said that there will be cross-faction guilds, though it's yet to be seen how much interaction that will allow between factions for things like PvE.

TES fans such as yourself that are knowledgeable on the traditional strengths of each race are probably right in saying that on the surface they don't really seem that balanced. We'll see what the racial bonuses are, though. Zenimax doesn't necessarily have to follow the single-player games in that regard.

They've also said that there will be cross-faction guilds, though it's yet to be seen how much interaction that will allow between factions for things like PvE..

I think cross faction guilds will only be used to unlock different crafting skins (each race will have it's own) because you can't even use guild chat while in cyrodil and they might even put you in different shards to make sure that you can't trade points.

You can run dungeons in other factions but you can't play with people from other factions.

There might are people who feel that a Highelf has to be a sorccerer and that a woodelf has to be a nightblade, however there will more than enough people who will play a Dragonknight Highelf or so.

I would love to be an highelf tank! I hope the racials supports it. When playing MMORPG's I feel I have to max my characters and being gimped from the start isn't the way to go for me. But you might be right some casual players probably don't mind.

I would like to be in the Aldmeri Dominion, but I fear that the woodelfs will be the ones to get tanky racials and I refuse to be a tiny tank!

I'll probably end up playing an orc in the end. Hopefully someone leaks the other racials soon. I can't wait!

I would love to be an highelf tank! I hope the racials supports it. When playing MMORPG's I feel I have to max my characters and being gimped from the start isn't the way to go for me. But you might be right some casual players probably don't mind. I would like to be in the Aldmeri Dominion, but I fear that the woodelfs will be the ones to get tanky racials and I refuse to be a tiny tank! I'll probably end up playing an orc in the end. Hopefully someone leaks the other racials soon. I can't wait!

I'm also thinking about a Highelf tank. I wouldn't play a Orc because I don't like the look of them but I might play a Nord Tank the have great racials for it.

I'm also thinking about a Highelf tank. I wouldn't play a Orc because I don't like the look of them but I might play a Nord Tank the have great racials for it.

Ye, I'm considering Nord as well. But I'm simply too much of a hipster to play a Nord. Seems like it will be the most popular race in the most popular faction. I'd rather be the underdog. But if the racials beat orcs by much I'll probably change my mind :)

Ye, I'm considering Nord as well. But I'm simply too much of a hipster to play a Nord. Seems like it will be the most popular race in the most popular faction. I'd rather be the underdog. But if the racials beat orcs by much I'll probably change my mind :)

I know excatly what you mean. :-)

Nords have:

4% HP combat reg

increased armor

frost resistance

I don't think that the frost resistance will be huge but having 4% HP reg instead of 3% is huge and having extra armor is also very nice.

I know excatly what you mean. :-)

Nords have:

4% HP combat reg

increased armor

frost resistance

I don't think that the frost resistance will be huge but having 4% HP reg instead of 3% is huge and having extra armor is also very nice.

"having 4% HP reg instead of 3% is huge.." Could you explain what you mean by this, please. I thought nords got 4% more not 1%

Normally you have 3% reg of Stamina/Health/Magicka while in combat. However Nords have 4% HP reg in combat which is an increase of 33%.

Ok good to know. I thought it sounded a bit Op with 4 % extra regen.

Are the betas limited to a few races so far? Or how come the other factions racials haven't been leaked yet?

I would like to know if the orcs or the redguards gets the tanky racials as well. I can see them making either of them tanky.

Ok good to know. I thought it sounded a bit Op with 4 % extra regen.

Are the betas limited to a few races so far? Or how come the other factions racials haven't been leaked yet?

I would like to know if the orcs or the redguards gets the tanky racials as well. I can see them making either of them tanky.

The Betas are limited to factions so yes.

Sadly, it seems like AD might have a serious lack of tanks AND healers:

According to a survey by TamrielFoundy, less than 10% of AD players want to play Dragon Knight and less than 20% Templar. This is why I'll roll a Khajit Dragon Knight - easy grouping :D.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/05/eso-by-the-numbers-part-2/

Sadly, it seems like AD might have a serious lack of tanks AND healers:

According to a survey by TamrielFoundy, less than 10% of AD players want to play Dragon Knight and less than 20% Templar. This is why I'll roll a Khajit Dragon Knight - easy grouping :D.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/05/eso-by-the-numbers-part-2/

Will the Khajit be the tanky ones in AD?

This piece of info on the official ESO site looks like a hint that the Woodelfs will get our sweet, sweet tanking racials :F

"Wood Elves are experts at the art of defense. They are also gifted archers"

But perhaps you know something I don't?

BTW thanks for the link. I had not read that yet.

"I think a large portion of this aversion may stem from “Dragonknights†being associated with Nords in the minds of many fans, despite their availability to all 3 alliances. The most recent TES installment of Skyrim made the tension between Altmer and Nords particularly manifest, so for some Aldmeri players, choosing the Dragonknight class feel like a bit of a betrayal."

quote from that site you linked.

I think its more likely that many players have similar feelings as me about tanking as the tiny race, and therefore avoid AD altogether. I'd personally like my character to look like he could do the part (so basicly anything other then a Woodelf in the TES universe)

"Wood Elves are experts at the art of defense. They are also gifted archers"

But perhaps you know something I don't?

At character creation (which is publicly available thanks to some...uhm...modders) the race choice menu is aligned the following way:

DC; AD; EB

Breton; High Elf; Argonian

Orc; Wood Elf; Dark Elf

Reguard; Khajit, Nord

This seems to resemble the race archetypes: magic/mana; stealth/endurance; tank/health

At character creation (which is publicly available thanks to some...uhm...modders) the race choice menu is aligned the following way:

DC; AD; EB

Orc; Wood Elf; Dark Elf

Reguard; Khajit, Nord

This seems to resemble the race archetypes: magic/mana; stealth/endurance; tank/health

Cool ty! If this turns out to be the case, I'll be a kitty tank as well! Rawr!

DC; AD; EB

Orc; Wood Elf; Dark Elf

Reguard; Khajit, Nord

The choice of making redguards tanks instead of orcs seems like an odd one to me. Sure, both are warior races but all orcish armor we have seen so far have been heavy. Orcs seem to be a bit anti magic as well, kind of like the nords. I felt resonably sure they were going to be the tanky ones.

If this is true a lot of people will be as surprised as me, I bet.

One other thing that stands out in my view is that Argonians are paired with High elfs and Bretons instead of having Dark elfs up there.

This all seems a bit fishy to me. If this is correct the devs have made some strange choices indeed.

The choice of making redguards tanks instead of orcs seems like an odd one to me. Sure, both are warior races but all orcish armor we have seen so far have been heavy. Orcs seem to be a bit anti magic as well, kind of like the nords. I felt resonably sure they were going to be the tanky ones.

If this is true a lot of people will be as surprised as me, I bet.

One other thing that stands out in my view is that Argonians are paired with High elfs and Bretons instead of having Dark elfs up there.

This all seems a bit fishy to me. If this is correct the devs have made some strange choices indeed.

The argonian thing is true for sure: Just look at the leaked racials. I was surprised by the redguard/orc-placement, too.

Argonian

Histskin - Health regen increased by 100 for 15 sec. Activated elite ability

Passive

[*]15% faster xp in resto skill line

[*]No reduction in combat stamina regen while in water

[*]+26 poison and disease resist

[*]7% increased healing received

Dark Elf

Ancestral Guardian - 15 seconds, activated can taunt

Passive

[*]Ambidexterity - 15% xp for Dual Wield

[*]Dynamic - Magic and stam increased 3%

[*]Resist Flame - 40 fire resist

[*]Flame Talent - Fire damage increased 7%

You are probably right, though both seem to be viable for casters of different types,