Level stuck.

Guest Kevin

Question

At one point, I was level 20. I killed everything and eventually leveled up to 21.

But when I went to advance one of my attributes and selected one of them, the window didn't close. I was stupid and thought I could close it by teleporting (coc) somewhere else.

The perk I could use disappeared, but I didn't think much of it since it said I was level 21 and my skills still advanced.

But then I finished the main storyline + many sidequests, and noticed my EXP bar hasn't moved a bit. Not one inch, it's still completely empty.

I read in many places that I should load an earlier save, but it's too late for that and I would prefer not to basically restart the whole game.

Is there a way to fix this or should I wait for a patch, or just restart the whole game?

1 answer to this question

There have actually been quite a few threads here about this issue. Most of the people that have this seem to be on the consoles, in which case all you can really do is reload a previous save and hope it doesn't happen again. Since you're fortunate enough to have the PC version, your options don't have the same limits thanks to the god-sends that are console commands.

Here are some commands you can try.

player.setlevel <#>

Sets current level to whatever number you select

player.advlevel

Forces a level up (note you can't pick a perk just with this, you have to use " player.addperk <PerkID> ").

I would try to "unfreeze" the leveling system with those before anything else. You will hopefully begin leveling normally. If not, the worst case has you leveling up using console commands; much better than having to restart completely.