2.5 hour beta gameplay. Awesome.

Yessss. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but it looks like we've got customizable chat colors, the ability to make custom chat channels, and the ability to access all 5 guild chats at once, or delegating them in whatever tabs you want.

That last bit is a relief for anyone who's experienced GW2's system of only being able to chat with the guild you're repping.

• Upvote 1

Yessss. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but it looks like we've got customizable chat colors, the ability to make custom chat channels, and the ability to access all 5 guild chats at once, or delegating them in whatever tabs you want.

That last bit is a relief for anyone who's experienced GW2's system of only being able to chat with the guild you're repping.

That's really interesting, I like that but I wonder how it'll work for people who aren't in all of the guilds-- More of a broadcast system? I didn't pay attention to it during the video, what was it like?

It's just like any chat channel, like say, emotes or a regional chat. I can only assume from what I saw, but it looked like he could check and uncheck which chats his particular tab accessed. So if he wanted to not receive say and whispers in that tab, he could unclick them. If he wanted access to guild chat 1 and guild chat 2, he could check them off and maybe give them different colors so as not to be confused, and then (the following is speculation) type in /g1 and chat in the first guild, then /g2 to chat in the second, and he'd be seeing those streams. He could even make multiple tabs, and only have guild chat 1 activated in the first tab, guild chat 2 in second tab, etc and flip through them if they're too talkative to keep in just one tab.

So I think if you represent a guild, that representation manifests in what guild tag is showing on your character and what tabard you're wearing and stuff. However, I think you can always access all guild chats regardless of if you're repping that guild at the moment or not.

At least, that's my PC experience with it. I have no idea whatsoever how that'll work on a console, if that's what you play. Particularly not being able to type.

• Upvote 1

It's just like any chat channel, like say, emotes or a regional chat. I can only assume from what I saw, but it looked like he could check and uncheck which chats his particular tab accessed. So if he wanted to not receive say and whispers in that tab, he could unclick them. If he wanted access to guild chat 1 and guild chat 2, he could check them off and maybe give them different colors so as not to be confused, and then (the following is speculation) type in /g1 and chat in the first guild, then /g2 to chat in the second, and he'd be seeing those streams. He could even make multiple tabs, and only have guild chat 1 activated in the first tab, guild chat 2 in second tab, etc and flip through them if they're too talkative to keep in just one tab.

So I think if you represent a guild, that representation manifests in what guild tag is showing on your character and what tabard you're wearing and stuff. However, I think you can always access all guild chats regardless of if you're repping that guild at the moment or not.

At least, that's my PC experience with it. I have no idea whatsoever how that'll work on a console, if that's what you play. Particularly not being able to type.

Very cool!! That will be super handy having that much customization, in WoW the UI on the chat sucked for trying to customize it..and the voice chat was a joke, but that's a different story, haha. I bet ESO VC will be through externals.

You can also customize the color and opacity of your chatbox. Forgot to throw that out there, though I like it just plain see-through.

The color customization seems pretty in depth, too. I noticed that they even differentiated between incoming and outgoing whispers in the brief snippet that tester showed us.

ALSO if you notice on the chat that they show, if you type up something that goes past one line, the second line and beyond is indented very slightly to show that that entire block of text belongs to that person. It makes it soooo much easier to differentiate from what people are saying, and as an RPer, all of the above makes me super happy. It's hard focusing on 10 people emoting at a time without all that stuff.

And yeah, I think they confirmed no built-in voicechat for ESO, so you'll have to either get vent/mumble/teamspeak/raidcall/etc or rely on Xbox One or PS4's built in voice chat systems.

...also, /lute makes you play a lute that actually plays a soft, fairly simple song, looks like. Better than nothing!

You can also customize the color and opacity of your chatbox. Forgot to throw that out there, though I like it just plain see-through.

The color customization seems pretty in depth, too. I noticed that they even differentiated between incoming and outgoing whispers in the brief snippet that tester showed us.

ALSO if you notice on the chat that they show, if you type up something that goes past one line, the second line and beyond is indented very slightly to show that that entire block of text belongs to that person. It makes it soooo much easier to differentiate from what people are saying, and as an RPer, all of the above makes me super happy. It's hard focusing on 10 people emoting at a time without all that stuff.

And yeah, I think they confirmed no built-in voicechat for ESO, so you'll have to either get vent/mumble/teamspeak/raidcall/etc or rely on Xbox One or PS4's built in voice chat systems.

...also, /lute makes you play a lute that actually plays a soft, fairly simple song, looks like. Better than nothing!

I remember one interview, talking about emotes, they said there would basically be a shitload of them--which is super awesome! I hope on PS4 I'll be able to click on them somehow.

As an RPer myself I prefer voices, probably because I've played a lot of DND, so the PS4 better have clear/fast chat!! ^.^

• Upvote 1

What I considered quite interesting is the new world skill line "Soul Magic". Apparently, Soul Trap is part of it. This might mean the Mage's Guild skill line got changed (no sense in including soul trap there if every player gets it earlier by this skill line).

It did get changed, as kind of life drain spell took it's place.

http://elderscrolls-online.cz/patch-notes-v0-10-beta/#more-647

Which is also pretty intresting since i expected to find that kind of spell in the vampire tree

Wow, nice, thank you! Do you have links to more (older) patch notes? Perhaps even in English? Google translate doesn't work too well with the Czech language, it seems ;).

Nice. So guild stores are in I hope that there will be enough 50 man guilds to show them that the better put in a AH.

Or a compromise would be if you could browse guild stores even if you aren't in that guild, so you could buy from them or sell goods they are looking for but to offer your own goods you would have to join a guild.