Photo

Min/Max Combos (Very Early Theorycrafting)

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Muscle, it was my intention to have an ultimate slotted in set 1 and actives in set 2. Clearly it would be retarded to not have an ultimate ability slotted. I was under the impression that ultimates had a high cost to make them not spammable, meaning that an active ability, though maybe less powerful, would be more efficient in certain situations.

No need for sarcasm. You just reminded me why i stopped playing mmos.

That's a good idea, usually only one ultimate really fits a character's playstyle anyway. I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I really do wish it was possible; I like having less choices because it forces thoughts but I also think that if something's available for a slot then it shouldn't be constrained to one type of ability.

I really didn't mean to offend you... If you're that touchy then not playing MMOs is a good idea. XD

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

I hope someone will make an add-on which would allow you to save and change skill set-ups by pushing a button. That would allow for some fun strategic gameplay.

I'm so stoked for addons. I hope it's easy to port to PS4 since it'll nearly be the same code as PC now.

I keep considering playing on PC instead of console, but I really want to be able to play on my couch instead of using a keyboard/mouse. I know I could get a controller for my PC but then I'd feel gimped.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Some NB ideas (I know that these don't matter until we know what the Plague trees are)

Khajiit - Crits do extra damage (solid number, not %, so MORE crits are better than bigger crits.)

Medium Armor - More stamina regeneration, quicker movement, quicker kills and better utility. Unless you're tanking or just relying on health regen,  medium > heavy.

Dual Wield - Dual wield > 2H for this build for two reasons: More hits = more often crits, and, targets under 25% health take 20% more damage + assassin's blade/death stroke = you can finish people off like a boss.

Strife - damage  (always on)

Cripple - slow  (always on)

Flurry - 6 hits (use after teleport-strike)

Teleport Strike (closes distances or sets up flurry)

Assassin's Blade (use when low)

*Death Stroke (use when you have high enough ult to combo this into an assassin's blade for a kill)

Bow - Stay stealthed a lot of the time so people won't know your general location when you open on them.

weighted Shot - Interrupt

Scatter Shot - Close KB/Slow

Snipe - Fun, use first from stealth.

Haste - Use before swapping to DW

Summon Shade - Use once the enemy finds you.

*Consuming Darkness

Or, another cool NB would be to use that bow setup and then use Sword/Board instead of DW. In this case you'd use HEAVY armor and rely on health regeneration as well as HOT's from your Siphoning tree.

It would be very tanky and sticky melee, fun to play.

Sword/Board

Defensive Posture

Summon Shade

Strife

Low Slash

Teleport Strike

*Death Stroke

Breton would be a good choice. Heavy armor.

Resto Staff

Haste (Incrs basic attack speed)

Strife (Heal on DOT)

Force Siphon (Heal on basic attacks)

Entropy (Restore Magicka on DOT)

Regeneration (Self-HOT)

*Soul Shred

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Here's part of a conversation that Doczero and I had. I think some people might be wondering the same things:

" which race passives (and why) would be best for my

[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]pve summoning sorc? [/color]

[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]I was hoping to build one weapon skilll line (morphed up) for high damage to go along with my cc and pets. I suppose it should be one of the destr[/color]
[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]staff type (not sure which one tho). What would be fun for me is to have a bow as second weapon just use dump my unused stamina.[/color]

[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]If I plan on keep all my pets out while at range I was thinking:[/color]
[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]2.5 point per level into magicka[/color]
[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]1.5 point per level into health[/color]
[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]1 into stamina.[/color]

[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]once in game would tweek it depending if my health bar is always full dpot the .5 point into magicka for more spamming or stamina for more slealthing.[/color]

[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]I do believe what you said about passives being a be key, so that bring me back to the question for pve which race passives are best for a summoning sorcerer? thank you for any help or advice"[/color]

[color=rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(18,18,18);]"[/color]It depends a LOT on your playstyle. Do you have any idea what spells you plan on using?

Since you're looking for heavy magicka on a sorce then you must be looking to overwhelm the opponent in which case I'd suggest a build like this:

Bar 1: Resto Staff

-Pet 1

-Pet 2

-Regeneration

-Entropy

-Force Siphon

Bar 2: Destro Staff (I really think that through heavy attacks, dodge rolls, bracing, sprinting, sneaking, etc.. you'll have more than enough uses for stamina.)

-Mages Fury

-Daedric Curse

-Magelight

-Bolt Escape

-Daedric Mines

Keep your pets and magelight out whenever in combat areas, if you get opened on then use Regeneration, Entropy, and activate Force Siphon before switching to Destro Staff..

Once you switch to Destro staff then use Daedric Mines (maybe not if they're not melee--since they probably won't run into it unless you are really good at placing) and Daedric Curse right away, using Heavy Attack until they get caught in a Daedric Mine--which is when you'll use Mage's Fury because they take more damage when they're affected by a Dark spell. If they get too close use Bolt Escape.

It's such a huge amount of damage output, enough self-healing, and if you build your class how you say you will then you should be able to pull it off really well (a lot of magicka).

I'd definitely say you should be a High Elf, not only will the +%magicka synergize with your high MP really well but you get +lightning damage (your Mage's Fury will be your biggest killer).

It's true that you don't have much utility or offensive defense, but your pets and magelight out will make you so beastly..it's a fair trade off. They take up a lot of barspace so if you want to use pets then that's the price you pay.

I wouldn't recommend any cloth-armor user to not have magelight. It works on stealth AND invisibility.

Like I said in the beginning..it depends on your playstyle. If you don't like only having the ability to escape, rather than the ability to CC or to tank, (or really chase for that matter--just get a horse that's 100% speed and you should be fine on chasing) then you might want to choose different abilities.

I wouldn't worry too much about point distribution, it will be easy to get a feel for what you need for your character while leveling up. Can't go wrong with more MP though... so maybe instead of using Force Siphon (since 3% of low HP isn't much, and solid numbers are better if you're not high HP) you might want to throw magelight down there and then use an ability from the Destro Line.

The destro passives are better for sorce's than the bow passives.. unless you don't want to heal at all, then throw out the Resto staff and put a bow in there, between the bow +sprint speed after dodge-roll and Bolt Escape you'll be able to outrun pretty much anyone when things get hairy.

Bow on sorce is a good choice as well because you can encase and get bigger crits, if you're going to use a bow on a sorce then play a Khajiit for the +crit damage.

I need more information though to really give you solid advice."

Here's the thing though, there are so many unknown spells out there. The PVP ones are almost necessary (at least the passives are) in Cyrodiil, and the Vamp/Lycan ones (or whatever other infections they put in!) are probably going to have at least one ability that you'll want to use.

At this point there's not much else you can really decide other than 1) What class playstyle I like most (pets - in your case - I'm guessing) 2) What weapons I want to use. 2.5) Armor choice. 3) What race is best with your weapon/class combo.

Obviously you'll need to choose what armor..but if you're able to pick your class and weapon then the armor part should be an obvious pick at that point.

Beyond those choices, exact skills are meaningless.

To be honest I believe that the best class will be a siphoning nightblade with a resto staff..but then the passives that NB have access to aren't that great for a caster NB, and like we said..the passives are going to be the biggest game-changers because that's where all the synergy happens.

At this point there's not much to really tell you, but it's still fun to theorycraft it.  :)

ps- Lightning or Frost staff will be best, I think there will be a lot of Nords so the Frost Staff might not be quite as good.. but because fire-damage is so common in ESO, that's the resistance that most people will have. I'm a fan of lightning, but Mage's Fury is already lightning so you might want to mix it up to Frost if you are using Mage's Fury (which every sorce should, that finishing power is amazing.)"

Fire staff would be good just to lower resistances, lightning's kind of lame because it deals damage to two targets in a game where it seems that single-target is more functional unless you're tanking.

There are a lot of self-critiques I would make on what I said even, just from scanning over it now... But it's all just fun to think about at this point! ^.^

TLDR: Best PVE race for Sorce that's magicka heavy = Altmer.

Soaks

Soaks

• 46 Posts

I'm so stoked for addons. I hope it's easy to port to PS4 since it'll nearly be the same code as PC now.

I keep considering playing on PC instead of console, but I really want to be able to play on my couch instead of using a keyboard/mouse. I know I could get a controller for my PC but then I'd feel gimped.

Won't you miss the social part of it?  Cyrodiil must be a total zergfest when most of the players doesn't even have a keyboard. I know how important communication was in WWW in GW2. I'm guessing it will be at least as important in ESO.

I'm a bit worried that they will make the PvE facerolling easy because of the lack of communication between console players. If they do take console players into consideration, I fear it might end up even more casual than WoW is nowadays :S

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Won't you miss the social part of it?  Cyrodiil must be a total zergfest when most of the players doesn't even have a keyboard. I know how important communication was in WWW in GW2. I'm guessing it will be at least as important in ESO. I'm a bit worried that they will make the PvE facerolling easy because of the lack of communication between console players. If they do take console players into consideration, I fear it might end up even more casual than WoW is nowadays :S

It would be quite easy to dump down the difficulty for console players while keeping it a challenge on pc.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

PS4/XB1 will probably be even easier to communicate in, given how easy you can voice-chat with people on the new consoles rather than asking everyone to pop into raidcall or another external program.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Musclemagic's Character Choice... (Depending on what faction I join)

Breton Templar in Light Armor with Destro and Resto Staves.

Fire Staff – Damage and Kite

[*]

Eclipse

[*]

Sun Fire

[*]

Piercing Javelin

[*]

Destructive Touch

[*]

Force Shock

[/list]

*Nova

Resto Staff – Heal and Take Damage

[*]

Entropy

[*]

Regenerate

[*]

Cleansing Ritual

[*]

Rune Focus

[*]

Healing Ritual

[/list]

*Highborn

---OR---

Khajiit NB in Medium Armor with DW (Dagger OH) and Bow.

Bow – Opener and against Melee – Kite with Cripple/Scatter Shot

[*]

Cripple

[*]

Strife

[*]

Summon Shade

[*]

Scatter Shot

[*]

Snipe

[/list]

*Eye of Fear

DW – Against Casters – Max Damage

[*]

Cripple

[*]

Strife

[*]

Summon Shade

[*]

Teleport Strike

[*]

Twin Slashes

[/list]

*Death Stroke

---OR---

Argonian Templar in Heavy Armor with Shield and Resto Staff.

Shield – When there's stamina.

[*]

Restoring Aura

[*]

Defensive Posture

[*]

Puncture

[*]

Shield Charge

[*]

Low Slash

*Nova

[/list]

Resto Staff – When there's Magicka

[*]

Backlash

[*]

Entropy

[*]

Sun Fire

[*]

Soul Siphon

[*]

Rushed Ceremony

*Hitskin

[/list]

My next choices would be Altmer Sorcerer in Light with Resto/Destro focused on summoning; Dunmer DK in Heavy with DW and Shield; Argonian Templar in Light, pure heals and support; and I could go on, but I won't.

Please tell me which class out of the three I posted sounds best to you, and why. :) It would really help me out!

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Which of these three is the best?

[*]Destro and Resto Staff? (Caster +. Purebread Magicka.)
    [*]Bow and DW? (Max Damage with mobility. Magicka/Stamina Hybrid.)
    [*]Shield and Resto? (Tank +. Swap pure Magicka/Stamina Bars.)
    [/list]

I'd really like some opinions. :)

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Okay first of all do you plan to use those builds for PvE or PvP?

Your first build has a lot of knockbacks and you might wanna change one of them. Because keep in mind there aren't any cooldowns so 1 knockback skill is as effective as having 3 of them.

Your second builds uses often the same skills which you might also wanna reconsider.

For example strife and cripple would be enough to just have it on the bow. Than the Summon Shade is not really that great of a skill I would swap it with Shadow cloack that way you could go invisibility than sneak and use a powerful attack while standing in front of your opponent. Another thing is you might wanna switch to 2Handed for PvP because of the higher burst plus then you could use momentum.

Assassine Blade would be also nice to have in your build to finnish your opponents. Plus I'm missing haste.

I don't know how you planned on using the third one so I kind really say anything to that one.

Out of the 3 the first seems to be the most solid one but I would choose the second one with a few changes.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Okay first of all do you plan to use those builds for PvE or PvP?

Your first build has a lot of knockbacks and you might wanna change one of them. Because keep in mind there aren't any cooldowns so 1 knockback skill is as effective as having 3 of them.

Your second builds uses often the same skills which you might also wanna reconsider.

For example strife and cripple would be enough to just have it on the bow. Than the Summon Shade is not really that great of a skill I would swap it with Shadow cloack that way you could go invisibility than sneak and use a powerful attack while standing in front of your opponent. Another thing is you might wanna switch to 2Handed for PvP because of the higher burst plus then you could use momentum.

Assassine Blade would be also nice to have in your build to finnish your opponents. Plus I'm missing haste.

I don't know how you planned on using the third one so I kind really say anything to that one.

Out of the 3 the first seems to be the most solid one but I would choose the second one with a few changes.

This is more focused, what do you think? (Still will probably go with my first choice, but maybe would use something like this.)

Khajiit NB in Medium Armor with DW (Dagger OH) and Bow.

Fire Destro Staff – Against Melee – Kite with Cripple/Destructive Touch.

[*]

Cripple

[*]

Strife

[*]

Entropy

[*]

Soul Siphon

[*]

Destructive Touch

[/list]

*Eye of Fear

Entropy & Soul Siphon

DW – Against Casters – Max Physical Damage

[*]

Teleport Strike

[*]

Twin Slashes

[*]

Assassin's Blade

[*]

Hidden Blade

[*]

Summon Shade

[/list]

*Death Stroke

irons

irons

• 428 Posts
For a nightblade I would use something like this:Bow: snipe, scatter shot, shadow cloak, strife, cripple;DW: teleport strike, assassine blade, haste, shadow cloak, veiled strike;Bow:The playstyle would be hit and run.Opener would be snipe but you would use shadow cloak to use snipe with in fights to. Scatter shot + cripple would make sure that you can stay at distance as long as you want plus the disorient in combination with the passiv ruffian increases your dmg. Strife would help you to stay alife.DW:Teleport strike is your cap closer + a stun, veiled strike is another stun. Shadow cloak can be used to get some distance again or to set up a heavy hit. Haste boostes your attack speed and with it your DPS. Assassine Blade is your finnisher.

Soaks

Soaks

• 46 Posts

What do you guys think about going with 2-hander as secondary weapon for PvE as a stamina purist tank? As opposed to going with bow, I mean.

I have a feeling that you won't have much use of the bow while tanking (as long as I have another ability for pulling) while switching to 2-hander might be a nice for the extra DPS whenever the situation allows for it.

Being able to sneak-attack when solo seems nice but the 2-hander finisher Reverse Slash seems sweet as well. I'd get a lot more AoE this way I think.

Falkner

Falkner

• 26 Posts

I've recently changed what I want to do with my characters. x.x Been trying to fix up some skill lines but I feel like I'm derping it up and don't know what might be effective.

I want to try a tanky heals/support Templar for PvP. I presume this build would focus on health and magicka with a bit of stamina to stay effective with blocks. I'm also thinking sword and board... maybe resto staff for offhand? Or sword and board in both, just a different skillset for each, seeing as Templar heals ought to work fine. Heavy armor for sure, but likely enchanted for some magicka fun stuffs.

Basically, I want to be able to take hits. That might take a bite out tons of heals to shove at everyone, but I'll stay in the fight longer.

Right now I've only got a very loose idea for maybe the first skillset to use:

Breton Templar

Tank/Heals

Heavy Armor - Sword and Board

Focused Charge

Rushed Ceremony
Healing Ritual
Restoring Aura
Backlash

Ultimate: Dragonskin

I figured the charge would be useful for mobility to get into the thick of a fight so I can spam the support. Wasn't sure what to put as my fifth but thought a magicka vs stamina based ability would be better, so I'm iffy about backlash- I thought it could be a good idea because I'll end up being targeted because I'm a healer, and it'd be a nice bit of damage, but hurmmm. I dunno.

Stuck on what I should focus on with the second skillset.

Other than that, I'm totally yoinking one of the dual-wielding/bow nightblade builds I see here for my Redguard. :D ...that I decided to make a DPS instead of heals.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts
[quote name="Soaks" post="29868" timestamp="1381797554"]What do you guys think about going with 2-hander as secondary weapon for PvE as a stamina purist tank? As opposed to going with bow, I mean.
I have a feeling that you won't have much use of the bow while tanking (as long as I have another ability for pulling) while switching to 2-hander might be a nice for the extra DPS whenever the situation allows for it.

Being able to sneak-attack when solo seems nice but the 2-hander finisher Reverse Slash seems sweet as well. I'd get a lot more AoE this way I think.[/[quote name="Soaks" post="29868" timestamp="1381797554"]What do you guys think about going with 2-hander as secondary weapon for PvE as a stamina purist tank? As opposed to going with bow, I mean.

Being able to sneak-attack when solo seems nice but the 2-hander finisher Reverse Slash seems sweet as well. I'd get a lot more AoE this way I think.[/quote]
I won't use any range weapon at all for my DK in PvE and PvP. The reason for it is quite simple almost all of my abilities are close range ones. And with gab closers like critical charge, fiery reach, shield charge I simply stay close to my opponents.

Personally I think the 2handed is a great alternative weapon for tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com