Photo

Min/Max Combos (Very Early Theorycrafting)

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Max Bow DPS (by far the best for Bow PVE if that's what you want to do)--

Medium Armor, Bow, Templar.

Scattering Shot

Piercing Javelin

Sun Fire

Solar Flare

Snipe

*Rite of Passage

You can only use Scattering Shot within 7m, so Piercing Javelin right after Scattering Shot to push target even further back.

Sun Fire to slow them and then solar flare. If they are further than 20m then get a snipe in for the 40% extra damage!

Rite of Passage is such an awesome heal. I'm not sure yet how long it takes to get Ult up to 150 but it's a huge heal.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

TheDF

TheDF

im planning on making a archer/NightBlade/Nord. The only problem i have is i dont want to use any magic abilities or abilities that look like im using magic.

so for the nightblade skills im looking at having Siphoning Strike / Haste as my active abilities. I would the use volley the AOE ability from the bow and a CC ability and then one more. the character would then use abilities to only deal damage or buff and siphon from enemies.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Magicka only Mage. I think that a Nightblade works better for this than a Mage does, but I tried to make it work as best I could.

[*]

ACTIVES –

[/list]

Destro Staff Ability Bar:

Weakness to Elements-

Surge-

Encase-

Lightning Splash-

Mages Fury-

Resto Staff Ability Bar:

Regeneration-

Entropy-

Lightning Form-

Guardian Circle-

Bound Armor-

Ult:

Negate Magic-

[*]

PASSIVES –

[/list]

Dark Magic:

Unholy Knowledge-

Blood Magic-

Persistence-

Exploitation-

Daedric Summoning:

Power Stone-

Storm Calling:

Capacitor-

Energized-

Disintegrate-

Expert Mage-

Light Armor:

Evocation-

Recovery-

Spell Warding-

Prodigy-

Concentration-

[*]

WHILE LEVELING –

[/list]

You might want to have the following skills to make leveling faster (and unlocking your new abilities quicker by balancing your bars more evenly):

Unstable Familiar-

Winged Twilight-

Dark Exchange-

+The other three passives from Summoning.

While leveling I'd replace Lightning Splash with Unstable Familiar on the Destro Bar. On the Resto Bar I'd replace Bound Armor with Dark Exchange, Guardian Circle with Winged Twilight, and Lightning Form with Mages Fury. Mages Fury would then be on both bars, but it seems to be your best damaging ability, and that's more important for leveling than endgame.

Thotholio

Thotholio

• 9 Posts

wtf is this the game is still in early beta lol 

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

wtf is this the game is still in early beta lol 

Yeah, the numbers and the small details will change for sure but since these are just the starting attributes of the skills I don't think they'll change a whole lot. It gives people a lot of ideas anyway.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

In this game, more than most, I think there will be a huge gap between how effective a character is in certain situations. I feel that the following is a pretty good representation of how the top-tiered players will look (There will be a lot of exceptions, where people playing them aren't built as well as they could be. This, again, is for the elite. Average players will want to do their own thing and they'll be just fine!):

Templar should be best for group PVE and group PVP, and not just for being able to throw out heals on occasion. They are extremely versatile while still having great DPS potential.

Dragonknight is best for tanking or best for max dps. A lot of the time these characteristics will be great in PVP, but these two specialties will shine definitely shine brighter in PVE.

Mage will be the best for Solo PVE due to Summons. Having a pocket-tank is priceless while soloing. As long as you have mana, you should never lose in a PVE fight. You can lock someone down while your pet tanks another. 2v1 and you'll never even be targeted. They are also going to be great to have in group PVP after they've unlocked more of their upper abilities.

Nightblade should be the best for solo PVP all-round. The utility they get is too great. While they might not be maxed out in CC like a Mage, have as wide of a spectrum as Templars, or be as niche as DKs, you will not see a nightblade coming and they will come fast. If things turn sour for them it's an easy get-a-way.

Obviously this is a very early assessment and things could change substantially. This is only how things currently appear to look.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

I don't understand how they are balancing melee VS ranged damage. Do melee users get a big bonus? If so that's OP. If not, then how would these class systems work where melee users don't get Anti-CC?

I think they need to extravagantly vamp up the anti-cc that certain weapons come with, or the PvP will be completely one sides.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

It's been a while since I posted any information on min-maxing/character creation.

I've realized one thing: Only TWO things really matter! This makes it very easy for min/maxers. The two things that matter are 1) Race. And 2) Class.

Everything other than your race and class can be changed later, and if you've already reached a higher level then it makes leveling up a lower level skill tree go faster. So, if you're a medium level and you switch to a new weapon type, you will gain much faster than if you were level 1 starting with a different weapon type than your other character.

This means you want to avoid making new characters at all costs, because it will take much more time. Sooo-- You want to base your choiced entirely on race & class, you can always level up a new weapon or armor type later on (at a much greater speed than re-rolling.)

Anyone trying to figure out what to play as, just look at the race and class abilities to decide. You'll be able to change everything else just fine anyway! :)

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Physical Templar with Medium armor is officially awesome! For some reason I never paid attention to "Restoring Aura" in the Restoring Light tree. Increases health AND STAMINA regeneration passively? This will definitely stack with the medium armor bonuses. I can't wait to see how far one of these bitches can sprint for, HAHA! EPIC!

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Latest build I've come up with that seems like it has potential:

Mage w/ Light Armor-

DESTRO (vs ranged and while not targeted)

Weakness to Elements - Debuff

Surge – Self Buff

Force Shock - Interrupt

Mages Fury - Damage

Dark Exchange//Soul Trap – Heal//Soul Shard Gatherer

RESTO (vs melee and while targeted)

Regeneration – Heal

Force Siphon – Heal

Lightning Form – Tank

Guardian Circle – Tank

Bound Armor – Tank

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

I'm still going back and forth between Mage and Nightblade for Resto/Destro/Light Armor type class.

It seems that those two will be slightly better for that gearing for PvP where you want utility on your plate, while templar or dragonknight will be stronger for PVE rolls with that setup.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

This has worked in several games that allow you to designate your stats how you choose, such as Diablo 2 and mana-tanking sorces for example.

Awesome potential! Dig this concept-- 100% magicka. Instead of putting any points into health or stam put ALL your stat allocations into Magicka. Then take healing/damage reduction/absorption spells in one weapon slot and damage/(de)buff/CC skills in the other weapon slots... seems like it could be good for increasing EHP quite a lot, and this is how:

You regen stats based on how much of the stat you have, because it's % based. 5% regen per second or so (haven't timed it while watching videos yet, but I will sometime soon!) (Templar also gets 4% magicka back per spell cast..which has the potential to make your magicka nearly endless if you are casting spells around 10% your max magicka [which is low, but if you're in full light armor and such then this number goes up and your max magicka should be quite high] at 1 spell per second endlessly!!)

So..now..the only thing you need to worry about is being one-shot to death, but unless a couple nightstalkers snipe you from stealth who are fully bow-damage geared, I doubt this will happen anyway. I mean, SOME HP allocation might be required to avoid being one-shot, but I think this really has potential.

If you were a mage (they have incrs magicka, magicka regen, and lower magicka costs, too) then think about being able to Lightning-Teleport (forget the name right now..) so many times in a row, this could even be faster than a stamina templar with a bow and medium armor!

IDK, it's just something cool to think about-- since I haven't talked a whole lot about health/magicka/stam distribution as much as I have on spell synergy combos.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

This has worked in several games that allow you to designate your stats how you choose, such as Diablo 2 and mana-tanking sorces for example. Awesome potential! Dig this concept-- 100% magicka. Instead of putting any points into health or stam put ALL your stat allocations into Magicka..

Won't work they said that you will get enough points (49) to max out one stat and get another one to around half. So i guess that you can spend up to 30 points into one Stat.PS: A Dragonknight Mage will have some awesome survibility, cause he has a nice amount of HPs great defensive skills plus a good amount of healing because Power not only improves dmg but also healing.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Won't work they said that you will get enough points (49) to max out one stat and get another one to around half. So i guess that you can spend up to 30 points into one Stat.PS: A Dragonknight Mage will have some awesome survibility, cause he has a nice amount of HPs great defensive skills plus a good amount of healing because Power not only improves dmg but also healing.

I'm sad to hear that you can max out a stat. --Each level you get to allocate 10 points into either stam, health, or magicka-- So you could get like 33 of your levels into magicka and the rest into health? Can you provide the source for this, I don't think I've heard that before.

A dragonknight with destro/resto staves? Yeah, there's a lot of +healing and +health regeneration. If you max out HP then that could be pretty good, but I don't think the DK class has that great defensive abilities. scale armor, dragon heal thing, spiked armor, and possibly obsidian shield are pretty sick defensives. And the Magic Resistance from DK passives is helpful for defense, but if you're in light armor then you'll already have a lot of magic resistance and you'd be better off focusing on Armor like from the Mage's talents (bound armor) or damage reduction (lightning form). I think dragonknight has the least amount of survival in PVP situations, because it's all kind of slow/passive abilities rather than reactive abilities that shine in specific situations.

I think Dragonknight will be the best DPS for PVE with Destro Stave too, unless Nightblade's "Marked Target" is really effective at higher levels, which I think it could be. But idk, I don't care much for PVE anyways.

They all definitely have potential, I just think DK's too hybrid feeling between melee and magic to shine in PVP where puritans rein supreme.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

I'm sad to hear that you can max out a stat. --Each level you get to allocate 10 points into either stam, health, or magicka-- So you could get like 33 of your levels into magicka and the rest into health? Can you provide the source for this, I don't think I've heard that before. 

was in an article of mmorpg.com nearly a year ago back than several other sources said the same thing. So it could have changed but if so they didn't mentioned anything. Your mounts will also have 3 stats speed, stamina and storage you can feed than max 30 times and depending on the food you improve one stat. source here is shoddy cast.The DK can reduce the incoming dmg with obsidian shield plus spiked armor for 70% and you could use the ultimate which caps the dmg at 3% plus with dragon blood heals for 25% gives you HP regneration and improves your received healing.I mean you can put down lots of Dots on your target than give your self defensiv buffs plus regeneration to stay alive and keep refreshing those DoTs. Seems to me a pretty nasty build for PvP but we will have to see how it will work out in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com