Photo

Min/Max Combos (Very Early Theorycrafting)

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Yeah, more RNG. But, on average it's more effective because it causes all effects (not only the damage) to miss. Depends on playstyle choice though, for sure it's greater risk.. I guess I'm okay with that. XD

ps- Do you (or anyone) know if you can dodge an AOE in ESO?

I like RNG... dodge crit FTW! Here's a solid single-target build with both! :P

Khajiit – NB – Heavy – DW + S&S

DW- Teleport Strike + Flurry spam = single target death with Assassin's Blade finisher.

15% incrs damage against stunned targets. 5% crit chance from Dagger in Offhand. Crit rating and extra crit damage from being Khajiit. 15% crit chance from 5 (x3%) Assassination abilities slotted. 20% extra damage on targets under 25%..

5% base crit chance + 20% + racial and crits doing +30% (on top of regular crit bonus) damage = huge hits all day.

[*]

Blur – M

[*]

Haste – M

[*]

Teleport Strike – M

[*]

Flurry – S

[*]

Assassin's Blade – M

[*]

Death Stroke – U

[/list]

S&S- Summon Shade not only helps tank things but increases stamina regen on top of the weaken. Strife for a small HOT. Blur/Immovable for passive dmg reduction. Defensive Posture for the active and small passive block bonus.

[*]

Blur – M

[*]

Immovable – S

[*]

Defensive Posture – S

[*]

Strife – M

[*]

Summon Shade – M

[*]

Consuming Darkness – U

[/list]

I know the S&S bar sucks compared to a DK or even a Temp S&S build, and there's no AOE anywhere, but I think it's a very strong single-target build for sure.

No I don't know if you can dodge AoE's.

As a Tank I prefer a constant dmg reduction.

You never know if you don't be unlucky and all the big hit's gain through and it's easier for the healer to heal you constantly for a small amount than suddenly for a big one.

Yeah a DK might be the more tanky one but therefore your NB has more crit than a DK could get.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

No I don't know if you can dodge AoE's.

As a Tank I prefer a constant dmg reduction.

You never know if you don't be unlucky and all the big hit's gain through and it's easier for the healer to heal you constantly for a small amount than suddenly for a big one.

Yeah a DK might be the more tanky one but therefore your NB has more crit than a DK could get.

6% less crit chance, but might be better-- Shadow Cloak + Veiled Strike instead of Blur/Haste. Being able to open with Veiled Strike into 2 flurries right away is nice.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

6% less crit chance, but might be better-- Shadow Cloak + Veiled Strike instead of Blur/Haste. Being able to open with Veiled Strike into 2 flurries right away is nice.

Using Shadow cloak would grant you a sneak attack.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Using Shadow cloak would grant you a sneak attack.

Yeah, if I could get Veiled Strike off without it then I wouldn't have taken it. :P

Rally

Rally

• 79 Posts

Just to clear things up for me:There is a passiv dodge chance and an active dodgeroll?If there was an active dodgeroll, Shadowcloak would be almost useless against good players, as u can predict a heavy strike in the next few secs and just dodge.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Just to clear things up for me:There is a passiv dodge chance and an active dodgeroll?If there was an active dodgeroll, Shadowcloak would be almost useless against good players, as u can predict a heavy strike in the next few secs and just dodge.

The dodge chance or miss chance are effects from active skills.

You are right I didn't really thought about it but while in combat you would try to dodge off course you would have to stamina for that.

An Alternative could be to hold block cause that doesn't cost you anything and quickly turn around.

Or just run like a chicken in circles, which is something I used in other games to counter stealth where player were able to stay in stealth way longer than in this game.

Thal

Thal

• 142 Posts

Dodge is both active and passive in the sense that you can actively dodge to reliably avoid an attack and thereby consume some stamina to execute the dodge, but there is also the passive 'dodge chance' which is a chance on every hit to avoid the attack and, I believe, only is gained through the use of skills, notably the Medium armour Active "Evasion" which gives 30% dodge chance for 20 seconds for about 560 stamina cost at lvl 50 (estimated since costs 60 stamina at lvl 1).

And yeah Shadow Cloak could be quite useless against a decent player because as Irons mentioned you could just hold block and turn around a lot, and yes you can just hit dodge, but also if you have "immovable" slotted then you could use it and their 2.5 seconds of invisibility will wear off long before your 8 seconds of CC immunity and increased mitigation.In fact, in a spar/duel against a NB, if you can manage to keep up Immovable the whole time then you pretty much make life hell for the NB and really ruin his/her chances of winning the 1 vs 1 since most NBs will rely fairly heavily on being able to stun/disorient their opponent...By the way, anyone know what "disorient" actually does compared with a normal stun? I've seen it listed as a "disabling effect" so I assume it must be like a daze in other games but was wondering if anyone knew for certain? Can they still do anything while disorientated? I mostly ask because it is also hard to compare Shield Charge to Bash because I don't know if disorient is as good as I think it could be...

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Dodge is both active and passive in the sense that you can actively dodge to reliably avoid an attack and thereby consume some stamina to execute the dodge, but there is also the passive 'dodge chance' which is a chance on every hit to avoid the attack and, I believe, only is gained through the use of skills, notably the Medium armour Active "Evasion" which gives 30% dodge chance for 20 seconds for about 560 stamina cost at lvl 50 (estimated since costs 60 stamina at lvl 1). And yeah Shadow Cloak could be quite useless against a decent player because as Irons mentioned you could just hold block and turn around a lot, and yes you can just hit dodge, but also if you have "immovable" slotted then you could use it and their 2.5 seconds of invisibility will wear off long before your 8 seconds of CC immunity and increased mitigation.In fact, in a spar/duel against a NB, if you can manage to keep up Immovable the whole time then you pretty much make life hell for the NB and really ruin his/her chances of winning the 1 vs 1 since most NBs will rely fairly heavily on being able to stun/disorient their opponent...By the way, anyone know what "disorient" actually does compared with a normal stun? I've seen it listed as a "disabling effect" so I assume it must be like a daze in other games but was wondering if anyone knew for certain? Can they still do anything while disorientated? I mostly ask because it is also hard to compare Shield Charge to Bash because I don't know if disorient is as good as I think it could be...

Not to sure about disorient, but from what a got out of it you deal more dmg to a disoriented target and if you use a heavy attack you can knock that person down.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Thanks, I haven't really put dodge-roll and anti-NB into that perspective! I'm glad we're all seem to agree that Immovable's awesome, as well. :)

So... we just need a build that can kill OR overcome: a caster dps, melee dps, a healer, and be able to at least escape a tank...plus it needs to have the ability to spam an AOE from a distance without being MP or ST starved. We need enough ST to dodge roll a lot and enough MP to be able to pad for emergencies, but we don't want Light or Medium armor because Heavy will be huge difference against melee and we also like immovable..

I've got classes until 5:15 tonight... but I'll see you guys then!

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Thanks, I haven't really put dodge-roll and anti-NB into that perspective! I'm glad we're all seem to agree that Immovable's awesome, as well. :) So... we just need a build that can kill OR overcome: a caster dps, melee dps, a healer, and be able to at least escape a tank...plus it needs to have the ability to spam an AOE from a distance without being MP or ST starved. We need enough ST to dodge roll a lot and enough MP to be able to pad for emergencies, but we don't want Light or Medium armor because Heavy will be huge difference against melee and we also like immovable.. .... I've got classes until 5:15 tonight... but I'll see you guys then!

The solution is easy become a Tank.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

The solution is easy become a Tank.

That leaves a lot unanswered for! :P

Nightblade – Bow and Resto – Heavy – Argonian

Bow-

Cripple – M (Slow + DOT)

Strife – M (Dmg + HOT)

Summon Shade – M (DOT + Tank in PVE + Weaken)

Scatter Shot – S (KB + Disorient)

Volley – S (AOE Dmg-Spam)

Soul Strike – U (Single target big damage over 3s with an 80% slow. Does more against Chilled target, so put ice enchant on the bow.)

Resto-

Blessing of Protection – M (Heal + Armor & Resistance Buff)

Blur – M (Dodge buff)

Immovable – S (Flat reduction buff + Anti-disabling)

Purge – M (Remove 2 negative effects)

Grand Healing – M (Quick Heal)

Warhorn – U (+25% max MP&ST for 30s)

Instead of Scatter Shot I might put in a direct damage, because I think it'd be harder to beat a pure caster than melee with this build.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Okay that's how I would play a NB.

Bow:

Scatter Shot

Cripple,

Strife,

Haste,

Aspekt of Terror

Consuming Darkness

DW:

Assassine Blade

Blur

Teleport Strike

Veiled Strike

Shadow Cloak

Death Stroke

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Okay that's how I would play a NB.

Bow:

Scatter Shot

Cripple,

Strife,

Haste,

Aspekt of Terror

Consuming Darkness

DW:

Assassine Blade

Blur

Teleport Strike

Veiled Strike

Shadow Cloak

Death Stroke

You have two builds with the same goal on each, no AOE let alone a ranged AOE..or any team support whatsoever. I wouldn't want you in my crew <Cyrodiil Squad>! :P

Yeah, you'd do good single target damage but it's not very functional outside of that specific goal..too much overlap between the two builds as well.

I know you're not that in to NB's though.. I think that build you posted is what most NB users are going to build like...and they're gonna get $h!t on all day! ^.^

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

You have two builds with the same goal on each, no AOE let alone a ranged AOE..or any team support whatsoever. I wouldn't want you in my crew <Cyrodiil Squad>! :P Yeah, you'd do good single target damage but it's not very functional outside of that specific goal..too much overlap between the two builds as well. I know you're not that in to NB's though.. I think that build you posted is what most NB users are going to build like...and they're gonna get $h!t on all day! ^.^

Yeah AoE is better in big battles but the NB excels as a Single Target Dps and that's what this build is about.Like you said I'm not to much into NB because I'm totally fixed on DK so that build surley has potential for improvement. There is no overlap with that build that build is designed so that you can choose how you wanna engage your opponent either melee or range depending on which troubles them more. So against a melee fighter or Tank you would use your bow against healers or caster you go in close.I agree that having to many NB like that in your group would suck but having a few of those to quickly pick of enemy players is nice.

randomtemplar

randomtemplar

Posting my thoughts about a group pvp templar build here, to see how other people think about it. The exact skills i'd use in the build are not set at the moment.

I'm thinking about exploting the hell out of spear shards (ae damage + 15% damage buff for me and a teammate) and solar flare (ae damage + 40% damage for the next attack on every target hit). Then combine those buffs with strong ae attacks, used by you or the one that picked up your spear shard. Repeated use should do insane ae damage.

Besides the obvious problem of burning a ton of mp on repeated use, and solar flare having a cast time, is there anything i'm missing that would prevent this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com