Photo

Min/Max Combos (Very Early Theorycrafting)

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Templar – Heavy Armor – Bow/Resto – Orc

Bow

Solar Flare – M

Sun Fire – M

Piercing Javelin – M

Snipe – S

Rapid Maneuver – S

*Berserker Rage – U

Resto Staff

Sun Shield – M

Immovable – S

Rune Focus – M

Healing Ritual – M

Regeneration – M

*Barrier – U

I definitely enjoy this build more without forcing the 2 weapon skills. Piercing Javelin > Scatter Shot (Not in 2v2/3v3, but in both 1v1 [further range] and in big group fights [more damage for picking off almost-deads] it is better.) and Healing Ritual > Blessing of Protection (with Sun Shield, Immovable, and Rune Focus, it's better to have a more specific heal on top of just Regeneration.)

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Not really that great of a Tank build + some passives give you a bonus for each ability you have on your bar.

I think he was just throwing out a quick example rather than really trying to spec.

It was a really good post, everyone should be weary of what he said while they're making their initial builds... It's a good idea to use that build until you're maxed on passives* rather than actives, and then start branching out. Otherwise you won't have access to the passives you probably want/need ASAP.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Here's a topic I'd like to discuss:

What will be the fastest way to level? Using one tree heavily until it's higher level, and then using the lower level skills on the higher monsters that you'll be fighting in conjunction with your other abilities?

Because it'll be quicker to level something up if it's "catching up" to the monster levels you're fighting...

But, on the other hand, if you are more steady then everything will level together...just a bit slower?

Overall it shouldn't effect your C.Lvl, just your experience in the skill trees.

Or, maybe I have this all backward. Can anyone comment?

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Here's a topic I'd like to discuss:What will be the fastest way to level? Using one tree heavily until it's higher level, and then using the lower level skills on the higher monsters that you'll be fighting in conjunction with your other abilities?Because it'll be quicker to level something up if it's "catching up" to the monster levels you're fighting... But, on the other hand, if you are more steady then everything will level together...just a bit slower? Overall it shouldn't effect your C.Lvl, just your experience in the skill trees. Or, maybe I have this all backward. Can anyone comment?

I remember a dev saying that you could level your skills quite fast at max lvl.Personally I will spend my first 3 points on class abilities so that I lvl those trees.That way I should have my weapon, armor and class trees at max when I'm lvl 50.And I'm not sure if I will lvl in PvE or PvP.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

I think he was just throwing out a quick example rather than really trying to spec. It was a really good post, everyone should be weary of what he said while they're making their initial builds... It's a good idea to use that build until you're maxed on passives* rather than actives, and then start branching out. Otherwise you won't have access to the passives you probably want/need ASAP.

I personally start creating builds by picking a pole of actives I like. Than I think about for what purpose the build is. The passives simply help me to decide what skills make it into the build.I would never pick actives just because of the passives most if them are simply not strong enough to make up for a bad ability.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

I personally start creating builds by picking a pole of actives I like. Than I think about for what purpose the build is. The passives simply help me to decide what skills make it into the build.I would never pick actives just because of the passives most if them are simply not strong enough to make up for a bad ability.

Interesting, I will be doing it opposite. Clear goals, so I don't waste points in things that won't apply. I'm going to level up in PVE using a  very slight variation of my PVP build. Actives help me decide passives, while passives help you decide actives.. interesting! XD

Definitely going into class skills first is a good idea, because if you're just using an armor and a weapon it'll get XP anyway. Good call.

Soaks

Soaks

• 46 Posts

Soaks, I believe (like in Skyrim) you will have a level for each skill line that is independent of your actual character level. So you could be lvl 50 but only have your Draconic Skill line at level 23. So using abilities from a skill line gives you experience toward lvling that skill line up and I believe that all actives and passives in every skill line have different "levels" required in that skill line for you to be able to purchase them using your skill points. IE.g. Inhale may be lvl 36 in Draconic Skill line to purchase it using a skill point (not sure what lvl it actually is though). Hence the racial passives that give extra experience percentages toward certain skill lines, for example Redguards get +15% experience on top of normal experience for using skills in the "Weapon and Shield" skill line.

ok. tthanks that does clear it up for me.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Interesting, I will be doing it opposite. Clear goals, so I don't waste points in things that won't apply. I'm going to level up in PVE using a  very slight variation of my PVP build. Actives help me decide passives, while passives help you decide actives.. interesting! XD Definitely going into class skills first is a good idea, because if you're just using an armor and a weapon it'll get XP anyway. Good call.

I guess everyone has his one way how he creates his builds.Currently I plan on using around 20 skills depending the situation.If you play a DPS you can use 1 build for all situations but as a tank I will have to change my build more often.1 boss could require you to use more defensive skills and for another one you need more AoE CC's

Morathi III

Morathi III

• 5 Posts
High elf/ nightblade shadow/ two weapon fighting with dagger has main/ medium armorThis fit appear pretty cool

DocZero00

DocZero00

• 20 Posts

I dont know exactly what active skills I will be picking (will know more once I get into the final weeks before the game is release providing I am in beta).

What I do know is what quest lines I will set prior on:

1) class

2) race

3) mage guild

4) fighter guild (monster hunter)

5) crafting

6) pve

7) pvp

once the expansions for dark brotherhood's and thief's guild come online;

I will work on those to bring them into slots 3 and 4 on my daily to do list.

of course this is when I am playing solo, I will help out will my guild alot once I get past level 12

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

High elf/ nightblade shadow/ two weapon fighting with dagger has main/ medium armorThis fit appear pretty cool

You might want a slower weapon as main with a fast dagger as off-hand. Dagger in offhand gives you +5% crit chance, meaning the slower (bigger) hits with mainhand will be bigger % damage since it's mainhand.

Yeah, they will add up to be the same..and it depends on your build, but in most situations slower weapons outdamage faster. And crit in offhand..idk, it all depends on the rest of your build, but crit builds will probably do really well with dual wield.

Rally

Rally

• 79 Posts

You might want a slower weapon as main with a fast dagger as off-hand. Dagger in offhand gives you +5% crit chance, meaning the slower (bigger) hits with mainhand will be bigger % damage since it's mainhand.

Yeah, they will add up to be the same..and it depends on your build, but in most situations slower weapons outdamage faster. And crit in offhand..idk, it all depends on the rest of your build, but crit builds will probably do really well with dual wield.

That depends on weaponpocs and thier power. If there was a stun/Silenceproc at 5% rate i would rather play d/d than d/s.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

That depends on weaponpocs and thier power. If there was a stun/Silenceproc at 5% rate i would rather play d/d than d/s.

If it's PPM then it'll be better to have slow because you can almost control when to hit to get a proc. But yeah, if it's a flat percent and the damage isn't scaled then faster's better in that regard.

The cool thing about Dual Wield is that you can switch your weapons whenever you want, so chances are that you'll end up using the best 1h you can in mh and 2nd best in oh at all times--it'll probably outweigh any passive of proc benefits. Lots and lots of time to test it because you aren't ever trapping yourself into daggers or swords or anything, you can swap with no repercussions! ^.^

Eol

Eol

• 37 Posts

It sounds like actives are going to be fairly limited in use, because you wont have the stamina/magic points to spam them... which makes passives pretty important because they will always be there. And personally I lean towards skills that aren't so decisive by themselves but are always there to help (stat bonuses, passive regen, armor buffs, etc). It can help make a character very resilient especially in long battles. You wont be stun locking and killing enemies in 10 seconds when everything goes perfect, but usually you will be alive when others are dead.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

It sounds like actives are going to be fairly limited in use, because you wont have the stamina/magic points to spam them... which makes passives pretty important because they will always be there. And personally I lean towards skills that aren't so decisive by themselves but are always there to help (stat bonuses, passive regen, armor buffs, etc). It can help make a character very resilient especially in long battles. You wont be stun locking and killing enemies in 10 seconds when everything goes perfect, but usually you will be alive when others are dead.

Definitely! Passives > Actives so much in this game it's ridiculous. When building your character you need to look at all the passive options you have and then make the best 2 bars you can with actives that are bolstered by the most amount of passives you can. This is how min/maxing works in this game compared to others, choosing actives that are not only a perfect balance, but are bolstered by passives more than any other build..that's what will truly make your character the strongest! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com