Photo

Min/Max Combos (Very Early Theorycrafting)

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Morathi III

Morathi III

• 5 Posts
Did you know how will be the Health/stamina/magic stats at lvl1?

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Thal

Thal

• 142 Posts

Did you know how will be the Health/stamina/magic stats at lvl1?

I was fairly sure health, magicka and stamina at lvl 1 were all at 100 of each unless you had a racial passive modifying that. Could be wrong though.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Well, sounds good but I was almost certain that the description of Rune Focus reads as "gain immunity to interrupt effects" which would, in my opinion and comprehension of this description, mean that skills that "interrupt" specifically such as Hidden Blade and basic moves that interrupt (bashing with your shield) would be the only ones you would be immune to, but that hard CC skills likes stuns would still affect you while you were in the aoe of Rune Focus.Just like how interrupts will still affect you if you have Immovable active and not Rune Focus as well despite not being able to be stunned.Unless you plan to have both skills active at the same time of course :P

Rune Focus will only prevent interrupts, but Immovable will prevent "KB and Disabling effects".

wish I could put in a templar ability (I'd do Healing Ritual instead of Blessing of Protection), but since you're required to use 2 weapon abilities I felt that this was the best substitute--replacing Healing Ritual instead of replacing Sun Shield, Immovable, or Rune Focus. XD

Oh btw it's a really good build.In an 1vs1 my DK would kick your ass but for beeing Emperor that build will be definitive one of the strongest builds out there.

I don't think you'd be able to stick to me hard enough to get the kill, I'd just run away, haha! :P

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Something that's been bothering me about other people's builds...--

There's no point of having multiple aoe's or single target abilities that aren't DoT's. You really want to be going all utility/set-up/defense/heals and then having one spammable AOE dmg (such as solar flare) and one spammable single-target dmg (like flurry). It's like.. I get that every skill's different, but come on... XD

(Most the people here don't do that, so it's not you guys.. it's just bothersome.)

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Rune Focus will only prevent interrupts, but Immovable will prevent "KB and Disabling effects".I wish I could put in a templar ability (I'd do Healing Ritual instead of Blessing of Protection), but since you're required to use 2 weapon abilities I felt that this was the best substitute--replacing Healing Ritual instead of replacing Sun Shield, Immovable, or Rune Focus. XD  I don't think you'd be able to stick to me hard enough to get the kill, I'd just run away, haha! :P

You don't need to use any weapon skills at all you could just use class only skills. That rumor came up quite early and was a simply misinterpretation of someone who had the gw2 system in mind.

Thal

Thal

• 142 Posts

You don't need to use any weapon skills at all you could just use class only skills. That rumor came up quite early and was a simply misinterpretation of someone who had the gw2 system in mind.

And I'm really thankful that it's not true. Would be so so annoying to have to live with always needing to slot 2 weapon skills when you only have 5 in total anyway. :P

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

And I'm really thankful that it's not true. Would be so so annoying to have to live with always needing to slot 2 weapon skills when you only have 5 in total anyway. :P

It would be okay if you have 2 weapon slots + 5 slots for actives.But even than I would prefer the current system

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Something that's been bothering me about other people's builds...-- There's no point of having multiple aoe's or single target abilities that aren't DoT's. You really want to be going all utility/set-up/defense/heals and then having one spammable AOE dmg (such as solar flare) and one spammable single-target dmg (like flurry). It's like.. I get that every skill's different, but come on... XD (Most the people here don't do that, so it's not you guys.. it's just bothersome.)

You are absolutely right.We are allready quite limited with the number of skills we can use to further reduce the number of skills through picking skills which do the same thing is a waste.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

I don't think you'd be able to stick to me hard enough to get the kill, I'd just run away, haha! :P

That kind of reminds me of a scenario I actually could see in PvP.A Nightblade Assassine/Archer is camping in Cyrodil to ambush players who come along.Than a Dragonknight runs by and the Nightblade just ignores him.

Helios Murchadh

Helios Murchadh

• 2 Posts

Hey Musclemagic... I think I may have got that best spec Templar build I was thinking about, looks damn juicy but need to firm up the details bit more and will post, see what you guys think.

Btw great thread guys and ideas....

Helios Murchadh

Helios Murchadh

• 2 Posts

Oh I see you guys chatting about weapon slots etc again, I mentioned a day or so ago to Musclemagic that a lot of builds/specs going around were wrong due to them having more than 2 weap skills slotted on a hotbar, as for replacing them with other class skills etc I don't think that's possible unless they changed something. As I linked the article on ESO wiki to Musclemagic that says it. Just in case...

http://elderscrolls...._Scrolls_Online

states...

6 Skills can be used at any one time:

[*]The first two are weapons skills.  [21][14]
    [*]The next three are class skills. [21][14]
    [*]The final skill is the Ultimate Ability.
    [/list]

Ofc it could have changed or perhaps I misunderstood but in my head in seems logical they wouldn't want people just using calss skills and running around without weapons. But yeah as I said may have changed...

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Oh I see you guys chatting about weapon slots etc again, I mentioned a day or so ago to Musclemagic that a lot of builds/specs going around were wrong due to them having more than 2 weap skills slotted on a hotbar, as for replacing them with other class skills etc I don't think that's possible unless they changed something. As I linked the article on ESO wiki to Musclemagic that says it. Just in case...
http://elderscrolls...._Scrolls_Online

states...

6 Skills can be used at any one time:

[*]The first two are weapons skills.  [21][14]
    [*]The next three are class skills. [21][14]
    [*]The final skill is the Ultimate Ability.
    [/list]Ofc it could have changed or perhaps I misunderstood but in my head in seems logical they wouldn't want people just using calss skills and running around without weapons. But yeah as I said may have changed...
Like I said that's not the case. Maybe that was the case in a very early build they used but the first build showed at a convention allready allowed you to slot 5 actives from your class.

The only limitation they have is that you can't use a bow ability without using a bow.

Rally

Rally

• 79 Posts

If you have 8 Skilltrees to chose from: 3 class, 1 weapon, 2 guild, 2 PvPyou only want one skill of each tree to get the maximum out of those passivs. If 1 skill gives you 3-5 passivs, you end up having a ton of passiv bonuses if u chose right.p.E.: Fiery Reach, Spiked Armor, Shield Charge, Entropy, Caltrops, Magma Armor would make a decent tankbuild with the maximum amount of passivs used for tanking. plus HA ofc

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

If you have 8 Skilltrees to chose from: 3 class, 1 weapon, 2 guild, 2 PvPyou only want one skill of each tree to get the maximum out of those passivs. If 1 skill gives you 3-5 passivs, you end up having a ton of passiv bonuses if u chose right.p.E.: Fiery Reach, Spiked Armor, Shield Charge, Entropy, Caltrops, Magma Armor would make a decent tankbuild with the maximum amount of passivs used for tanking. plus HA ofc

Yupyup, that's why (at least at first) you want to have your active abilities nailed down so that you can fill your passives as quickly as possible. ^.^

Like I said that's not the case. Maybe that was the case in a very early build they used but the first build showed at a convention allready allowed you to slot 5 actives from your class.The only limitation they have is that you can't use a bow ability without using a bow.

Ah, okay. The quakecon video did support 2 weapon / 3 others scenario so I didn't want to rule it out. (And, it wasn't a misconception from GW2, Maria actually said it straight up in 2 interviews--but the interviews were about a year ago now so I didn't know if it was still relevant) I kind of didn't think so, because otherwise people would be talking about it more.

Hey Musclemagic... I think I may have got that best spec Templar build I was thinking about, looks damn juicy but need to firm up the details bit more and will post, see what you guys think.

Btw great thread guys and ideas....

I'm stoked to see what you come up with! Right now I'm tweaking mine since we don't need 2 weapon abilities. Like I said in a PM to you, there are only a couple things I'm changing anyway.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Not really that great of a Tank build + some passives give you a bonus for each ability you have on your bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com