E3 2013 Roundup: The Elder Scrolls Online

As indicated by early awards, E3 2013 was a great showing for The Elder Scrolls Online.

In a Day 1 hands-on preview, The Escapist’s Greg Tito told the world, “The Elder Scrolls Online Sucked Me in Instantly.” Here’s an excerpt:

“The world is just as rich and detailed as Skyrim, but the area around the town of Daggerfall was more akin to Oblivion in its temperate vegetation. Squirrels and rabbits hopped along in the grass, and the trees on the rocky paths through the fields seemed lifelike. On the high-end PC I played it on, the graphics looked great, but there’s no word on whether it will be just as good-looking on a middling or low end machine. Hopefully, the graphics scale well.”

There’s much more to come before ESO hits PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 next year. To tide you over, check out more E3 highlights…

Game Informer — “The Elder Scrolls Online is an undeniably pretty MMO, with great looking characters, monsters, and environments, and the established world of Tamriel should be an exciting place to explore. After finally getting some hands-on time with the game, I’m most enthusiastic about the combat mechanics, and the way they combine strategic use of powers with a decidedly action game feel.”

Massively — “This may sound like a dream to some people, but after playing some other games that seemed like long lost twins, I found that The Elder Scrolls Online was a good change of pace.”

Gamespot — Stage demo with creative director Paul Sage.

MMORPG — Interview with PvP lead Brian Wheeler.

PlayStation LifeStyle — “The Elder Scrolls Online is literally a massively multiplayer Skyrim and it’s looking to steal your life. Our time spent with this game impressed us so much that we awarded it with one of our Best of E3 awards.”

Machinima — Paul Sage returns for a stage demo with Team Machinima.

Kotaku – Seeing the game again, Stephen Totilo shares thoughts on how ESO finally looking like the online Elder Scrolls experience he was looking for… thanks to first-person combat!

IGN — Shown above, Marty Sliva (an MMO guy) and Caleb Lawson (TES fan) of IGN discuss the pleasure of going on a Daedric questline together while playing ESO. Declaring that the game “feels like Skyrim”.

For more E3 highlights, be sure to visit ElderScrollsOnline.com.

View Original Article