Pre-E3 Roundup: The Elder Scrolls Online

The Evil Within. Wolfenstein: The New Order. Now… The Elder Scrolls Online.

Below is a sampling of online coverage for ESO from our recent Pre-E3 showing.

Game Front – “There was a palpable sense of danger, as if a trap door had opened up and dropped me into a very dangerous level of a dungeon I was exploring, and I had to fight my way back out to the safety of the open world.

It was the kind of moment that I play games for. â€

Game Informer – “As you can tell by my impressions here, [The] Elder Scrolls Online’s storytelling has left an impact on me. I was more impressed with this brief quest chain than I ever was in my hundreds of hours playing World of Warcraft. Star Wars: The Old Republic’s waning community proves that players need more that good storylines to keep them engaged with an MMO, but I’m hopeful for [The] Elder Scrolls Online.â€

Ten Ton Hammer – “The concept of public dungeons isn’t new by any means, but it may seem so to today’s modern gamer. It’s been a very long time since we’ve seen their implementation and I can’t wait to see their return in The Elder Scrolls Online. There’s nothing like the thrill of being in a knock-down-drag-out fight to the death deep in the bowels of some horrific dungeon and seeing a friendly adventurer come around the corner at just the right moment to turn the tide of battle.â€

Massively – “Here’s the part that intrigued me: At no point did the gameplay experience resemble an MMO. Sure, players weren’t allowed to run rampant through NPC houses to steal everything in sight, and questing was still limited to “gather such item” or “talk to NPC B because NPC A doesn’t feel like walking 10 feet” (those NPCs can be lazy!), but venturing out into the world felt natural, as if I were in any other Elder Scrolls title. The world is still populated with points of interest that actually generate interest.â€

Want more? Check out the full roundup at ElderScrollsOnline.com

View Original Article