Liberation of Skyrim-Liberate the Reach

Guest Ben Kenealy

Question

Guest Ben Kenealy

I'm currently on the stormcloack missions, Liberation of Skyrim.  I've looked everywhere for possible answers, but nobody seems to be having my problem.  I'm on the part of the quest called Liberate the Reach.  I've liberated Falkreath Hold and reported back to Ulfric, I believe I remember him giving me the mission to Liberate the Reach a long time ago. (I'm just now returning to this quest from about 6months ago when I started it).  The Stormcloak camp in the Reach won't even appear on the map, so I googled it and found it's location regardless of the fact that it still wasnt on my map.  The camp should be located just northwest of Liar's Retreat.  Strangely, the only thing I found here was a pair of tethered horses.  The quest is supposed to involve Galmar and he will start another additional quest that will help me liberate the Reach.  Is anyone else having this issue??? I even jumped ahead and already stole the Amulet of Talos to blackmail the Steward in Markarth, still nothing.

9 answers to this question

Guest Ben Kenealy

Yes I definitely just finished Season Unending and I bet I did give the Reach to the Stormcloacks because Markarth is full of Stormcloack soldiers. So if that is the case, how do I complete the Libertion of Skyrim?? I havent finished the main quest line, is it because of the temporary cease fire agreement that was made in Season Unending?

Guest Ben Kenealy

Yeah I'm totally lost how do I continue on to liberate Hjaalmarch if my quest was never completed in liberating the Reach? Even though I could have gave the Reach to the Stormcloaks in Season Unending, shouldnt that have completed the quest to Liberate the Reach? This one is really frustrating me, I think there's a bug

Guest Guest

No worries. Actually I was right, the temporary cease fire treaty that was made in Season Unending was preventing me from liberating any other holds or keeps. I talked to Ulfric and after selecting "Reporting In" in our convo, he said that there cant be any aggressive movements by either side until the current dragon problem was dealt with. Immediately after I beat Alduin, I got a quest message saying that the DragonSlayer and Liberate the Reach quests were completed