Reunification of Skyrim - Legate Rikke Won't Give Mission

tamegomaith

Question

ok so i talked to hadvar before killing the stormcloaks,and  then afterwards he just said the usual 'can't wait to kill another one of ulfric's boys' mumbo jumbo. after trying everything i could think of i gave up and continued with the main alduin questline, (i was doing this hadvar mission before the temporary truce of the main quest) and after killing alduin,my questbook now has the hadvar quest (compelling tribute) written off as completed and now hadvar is in riverrun talking his usual shite and i have the quest 'regain the rift' telling me to report to legate rikke,but she won't give me anything new to do. I have no earlier saves available and I'm playing on ps3 please if anyone has any ideas let me know. 

3 answers to this question

Here are some ways to fix Rikke not giving you the next mission...

• Repeatedly ask General Tullius "How goes the war?" until the phrase is no longer white and all 'new' dialogue options are gone. He will give you some information about every battle you've won, which will hopefully initiate the 'Reporting for duty' prompt with Legate Rikke.
  • Using the cooking pot in the middle of any of the camps seems to somehow fix the dialogue. - this was posted on the wiki by someone. I'm extremely skeptical but it's worth a shot I guess.
  • PC Only - After retaking Fort Dunstadt and before reporting to General Tullius; Using console command "SetStage CWMission07 9999" will allow you to see the 'reporting in' dialogue from Leggete Rikke at the Rift Imperial Camp.