Can't get out of Bloodskal Barrow

Guest Mrraci

Question

15 answers to this question

I'm assuming you're stuck at the puzzle door, correct?

To exit, you need to use the Bloodskal Blade's ranged strike power.

1. Stand away from the door so that you're roughly at the edge of the level stone floor.
  2. Center your cross-hairs directly on one of the bright horizontal red cracks at either side of the door. You should be aiming roughly at eye-level.
  3. Swing the blade while keeping the cross-hair directly on the bright red line. The lines will either be horizontal or vertical.
  • For the horizontal lines, move left or right while executing the power attack by holding down your attack button.
  • For vertical lines, simply stand still and perform a power attack directed at the line.

This power attack sends a wide beam of energy surging from the blade. If the ranged attack hits the red lines on the door correctly, the blocks rotate, moving the red lines closer to the top of the door. You must activate the lines on both sides of the door - three moves on each side.

After completing the horizontal and vertical power attacks to move the blocks into place, execute a final vertical power attack on the seam in the center of the door.

Hope this helped. Let me know how it turns out.

How do you activate the horizontal third trigger on each side of the door? I've tried every angle and distance possible.

It's hard to say what you're doing wrong without being there, so all I can really recommend is to make sure you're doing the attacks exactly as described in the directions above. It can be temperamental, so just be patient and precise with the cross-hair.

I TRIED ALL OF THAT AND IT WONT  WORK SO WHAT DO I DO

I'd really hate to ask you this, but you are using the Bloodskal Blade, right?

To be more precise, I think there are three "sets" of strike lines. From memory the first two strike lines are horizontal on either side of the arch. the second is a vertical set of strike lines located a little higher on the sides of the arch, the last horizontal  set are located at the top of the arch. Once you are done with those six, you need to do one last strike vertically down the center of the actual door itself.   

Note, you do not need to make contact with the strike lines, as the blade itself casts off the power that is needed to activate the archway. So stand back a little to ensure you are causing the correct reaction. 

AWESOME!!! Thank you for explaining the "side-step" part to the power attack. I read the journal, had an idea what to do but couldn't get it. Watched a YouTube video that was helpful but couldn't figure out how to do the horizontal lines. I use a bow all the time so power attacks are foreign to me, lol. Thank you! This helped A LOT!

AWESOME!!! Thank you for explaining the "side-step" part to the power attack. I read the journal, had an idea what to do but couldn't get it. Watched a YouTube video that was helpful but couldn't figure out how to do the horizontal lines. I use a bow all the time so power attacks are foreign to me, lol. Thank you! This helped A LOT!

You're welcome! have fun with the new blade  :smile:

Guest OldFart76

I'm assuming you're stuck at the puzzle door, correct?

To exit, you need to use the Bloodskal Blade's ranged strike power.

1. Stand away from the door so that you're roughly at the edge of the level stone floor.
  2. Center your cross-hairs directly on one of the bright horizontal red cracks at either side of the door. You should be aiming roughly at eye-level.
  3. Swing the blade while keeping the cross-hair directly on the bright red line. The lines will either be horizontal or vertical.
  • For the horizontal lines, move left or right while executing the power attack by holding down your attack button.
  • For vertical lines, simply stand still and perform a power attack directed at the line.

This power attack sends a wide beam of energy surging from the blade. If the ranged attack hits the red lines on the door correctly, the blocks rotate, moving the red lines closer to the top of the door. You must activate the lines on both sides of the door - three moves on each side.

After completing the horizontal and vertical power attacks to move the blocks into place, execute a final vertical power attack on the seam in the center of the door.

Hope this helped. Let me know how it turns out.

Excellent. Never would have figured it out on my own. Many thanks.

Thank you all for explaining the "side-step."  

Like others I use a bow or a sword in the game, and didn't properly do the power attack with the Bloodskal Blade.   I used the side-step, and was able to open the door.  Now it's on to the swinging blades.