Dragonborn - Environment Disappearing

Guest Arkailim

Question

Guest Arkailim

hello i recently downloaded all of the dlcs off PSN and was doing the Dragonborn quest in Solstheim, but when i tried to go back to skyrim, i returned to windhelm and the envionment seemed to be dissapearing. there was npcs falling from the sky, where i knew there should be a walkway it was invisble and there was floating doors. i attempted to enter the windhelm door that leads you to the boat to solstheim and i couldnt make it to the door it just said "you cannot go that way" and then my game froze, resulting in me having to do a hard reset. before all of this i had the water glitch and my main character save data said it was corrupt. i did all the steps to remove the water glitch, and reinstalled skyrim and the DLC's but after 3 trys i still have the same problem. someone please help :(

6 answers to this question

Guest Arkailim

i deleted the save that said it was corrupt, and theres no reason it shouldve been corrupt. would that character affect my other one though? even after i deleted the skyrim game data and reinstalled and all of that? the character im having the problems on isnt the one that was corrupt.

i deleted the save that said it was corrupt, and theres no reason it shouldve been corrupt. would that character affect my other one though? even after i deleted the skyrim game data and reinstalled and all of that? the character im having the problems on isnt the one that was corrupt.

No, if one file of corrupted it shouldn't effect the others.

I'm confused with the sequence of events here. You said the water glitch happened before all of these other issues, so is the following accurate?

[*]You realize you have the water glitch.

[*]Your main character was corrupted (should be irrelevant to the other issues).

[*]You start DLC content and realize there are a lot of new issues (disappearing environment, etc).

[*]You try this fix for water freezing.

Is that correct? Did this thread's fix solve the water freezing issue and just not the others, or none of them? All of the Dragonborn environment issues could be an existing issue with the current version of the DLC, in which case the steps in this thread wouldn't really help.

Guest arkailim

I guess this thread wouldn't really help, my bad :/ but yeah i did the steps to fix the water glitch before this all happened, but this all happened literally within 2 days of me playing, right after i downloaded all the DLC's. i hadn't been playing before then, which leads to me being confused as to why my main characters data was corrupt, i haven't played him in forever. Anyways, i searched everywhere to try and find a fix what i'm explaining and haven't found anything, i just thought this would tie into it.

Alright, since this isn't related to the water freezing issue I've split it into a new thread.

If this started immediately after the Dragonborn DLC was added, then that's definitely the likely issue you want to address first. Honestly, this is the first I've heard of issues like this. If you have saves prior to installing Dragonborn that aren't affected, you should try those - but don't save over them! Load them and then save your progress as a new file to protect what you know isn't broken.

If all saves start to act like this after using the new DLC, the only thing I can suggest is to completely remove the DLC files and then try installing them again.