Neloth's quest circles

Guest Michael

Question

Guest Michael

I know that you are suppose to do a bunch of fetch quests in order to get the quest wind and sand, but how much?? So far i have Done "Telvanni Research", "Reluctant Steward", "Briarheart Necropsy", "Old Friends", and "Experimental Subject" and recognized as a Telvanni something. But I've also done 7 "Heart Stones" quests and 6 "Azra's Staffs" quests, and everytime i ask "Can I help you with your research" he sends me on one of them again (currently on another "Azra's Staffs"). So how many am I suppose to do??

13 answers to this question

I'm not really sure, honestly. I believe the only prerequisite for the quest is "Experimental Subject" and you've already done it. After completing "Experimental Subject," speaking to him again about assisting in his research should start "Wind and Sand." Are you sure you're selecting the correct dialogue option?

You may have stumbled upon a bug. I don't remember doing the quest myself, but you shouldn't have to do 10+ radiant quests to get to it.

Guest Michael

I'm pretty positive. To make extra sure, I've done every dialogue option with him and every person in Tel Mithryn. Well this is extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to the whirlwind cloak.  *sigh*  Well whatever it is i hope they fix it soon.

Guest scott

I have the same problem, except I didn't get the briarheart or Stewart quests, but I did get the wind and sand quest. And now its just back and forth with hearthstones and the azra staffs. Right now I'm on my 3rd staff quest and have done 4 hearthstones. This is frustrating me cause it seems like a bug but yet idk. I have opposite as you do, I got the whirlwind cloak spell, but no staff enchanter, I hope someone has a way this can be fixed

You should have been able to do the wind and sand quest after experimental subject. I was able to get this quest without a bunch of hearthstone quests or staff quests. Upon completing the quest you can buy the spell tome from his assistant. It's like a cloak spell

I have the same problem, but I'm trying to get Telvanni Research. Ive gotten like 5 staffs and heartstones (each), and he just keeps giving me those quests. I WANT CONJURE ASH SPAWN!!!!!

Guest Gripper08

I have the same problem but I heard that it may depend on your magic skill because another person had the same problem and was only able to do it on a magic build

Guest Gripper08

Just found out u need a destruction level of 40 or higher because it is an adept destruction spell so the quest won't even start until u get near 50

Guest Lauterfeld

Could it be that all of you have the unofficial Dragonborn Patch installed? Try to uncheck it in the nexus mod manager and Neloth' Research-Dialog appears again.

After that you may use the Patch as before.

I can't put my Finger on the exact reason for this to happen but it worked in three  different playthrough's for me.

Hope it will for you too, good luck!

Guest Tisha

I am expert level mage and this is the coolest cloak in the game i love just walkng up to necromancers and draugar to watch as they go flying threw the air and sometimes off of towers