EVERYTHING!!!!!

Guest Ninjabronybot1919

Question

Guest Ninjabronybot1919

"Bring all your previous experience into play, and I will give you a part of the puzzle."

Here's my part of the puzzle, I will have a sword in my right and destruction on the left (with a little restoration and the others to), good with bows, heavy armor, pretty sure I'm going with the Imperials. Here's what needs to be filled in 1. house fund moneymaking strategy 2. should I get a horse early on? 3. In which order should I do each guild? (thieves first, d brother second, companions third, etcetera) 4. in which order to do anything that isn't noticeable? (do this quest first or you wont be able to do that quest or something) 5. which race to get the best mix of one handed, magic, and archery? Mostly one handed 6. should I commit all the unnoticeable crime I can in riverwood before I send guards? 7. where find decent soul trap weapon? 8. when should I start each guild quest (back to back, more spreadout after/before alduins death before/after I destroy the stormcloaks) 9. is it a bad idea to use little 100 skill loopholes to level up? ( Hadvar, iron daggers, simple potions, IRON DAGGERS) 10. Enchanting explination? ( I understood everything else but this doesn't make as much sense). Wow, sorry about how long that took answers are going to be even longer aren't they? Yikes.

16 answers to this question

[*]Just level up. You start getting better items from NPC's you kill the higher you are, plus leveling things like Enchanting/Alchemy can result in tons of cash.

[*]It's not really worth buying a horse since you can just fast travel. Plus you get one for free during the Dark Brotherhood questline that's much better than all of the others you'd have to pay for.

[*]It really doesn't matter, it depends if there's some specific item you want that's dependent on a quest line. I just did them based on which were the most interesting, and IMO that's Dark Brotherhood > Main > Thieves > Others

[*]Nothing major really comes to mind. They really don't have the same "static leveled items" problem they did in Oblivion/Morrowind.

[*]You shouldn't choose a Race based on skill bonuses since at most you'll get +5, which can be attained in <10mins of training the other races. Instead I would go off of abilities/powers (or which one looks the best). If you insist, though, Redguard have the best one-handed initial bonus at +10.

[*]If it's not noticed, guards won't come. 

[*]The Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls can be found in Ironbind Barrow.

[*]Again, it REALLY doesn't matter. It's just what you happen to feel like doing.

[*]I don't think so. Just make sure that you level up combat skills along with non-combat, otherwise enemies will get stronger than you relative to your level.

[*]I'd read this. If you already did and still have specific questions just post back here, but I don't know what it is that you need help with right now.

Guest Ninjabronybot1919

Let's see here...1. ok2. good to know3. got it4. all right5. Thank you6. Well YEAH, I figured with all the patrolling it would be hard.7. Wow that's cool, anything earlier, like bleak falls barrow earlier?8. No need to yell.9. hmmm...10. A bit different than that, I heard that when you enchant it with a soul gem (which I need a weapon or money to get) and use it, the item will slowly lose it's enchantment and you'll have to "recharge" it. Do you just enchant the item and there that's it. (that's what it should be in my opinion)

7. Wow that's cool, anything earlier, like bleak falls barrow earlier?

You can get a weapon that has that enchantment as random loot, but that axe is probably the earliest for-sure thing.

10. A bit different than that, I heard that when you enchant it with a soul gem (which I need a weapon or money to get) and use it, the item will slowly lose it's enchantment and you'll have to "recharge" it. Do you just enchant the item and there that's it. (that's what it should be in my opinion)

It depends what you're enchanting and the effect you enchant it with. For example, enchanting a weapon with fire damage will result in a charge that diminishes every time you hit something with it. After it's out, you just need to use a filled soul gem to recharge it. If you enchant something like armor with a skill boost or some sort of status effect, it's permanent and you never have to recharge.

David says it really doesn't matter what order you do guilds, but for role-playing purposes, I think the best order would be:

1. Companions

2. Thieves Guild

3. College of Winterhold

4. Dark Brotherhood

Switch 2 and 3 if you feel like it.

And my favorite soultrapping weapon is the Mace of Molag Bol, though you get it pretty late in the game.

Guest Ninjabronybot1919

Role-playing purposes??? By the way anybody know if selling 0 value items (baskets, buckets, plates) does that increase speech? I was wondering between thieves guild and companions ( which one to do first) I was sure it was gonna be thieves, mostly because I just robbed half of riverwood blind and need some money for a house or a place to sell stolen goods.

for role-playing purposes, I think the best order would be:

1. Companions

2. Thieves Guild

3. College of Winterhold

4. Dark Brotherhood

Why? The whole point of roleplaying is to take on a specific in-game persona you create, so it will be different for everyone. Most people that are serious about it only end up doing the one quest line related to their characters.

By the way anybody know if selling 0 value items (baskets, buckets, plates) does that increase speech?

Maybe, but there are definitely faster ways. See The Fastest Ways to Level in Skyrim; it's the very last skill covered.

1 second is enough so long as you make sure you use the sword for the last blow.

The sword is actually useless, though. What you're going to want to do is disenchant it to get the "Soul Trap" effect, and then you can put that effect into your own new weapon of choosing. The higher the quality of soul gem you use when doing this, the better the length of effect will be. 

My personal advice is to get the soul trap spell. Much more useful than having a weapon for it; you're going to want enchantments on weapons that increase their damage.

Guest Ninjabronybot1919

Actually I found a dagger with soul trap on it and I wanted to enchant my sword with it. AND SWORDS ARE NOT USELESS!!! Definitely enchanting my bow though. You know how to make your follower follow you but not attack the enemies? I guess I could get the spell but I figured the weapon would be better for groups, rather then the spell which costs a bunch of magicka.

Actually I found a dagger with soul trap on it and I wanted to enchant my sword with it. AND SWORDS ARE NOT USELESS!!! Definitely enchanting my bow though. You know how to make your follower follow you but not attack the enemies? I guess I could get the spell but I figured the weapon would be better for groups, rather then the spell which costs a bunch of magicka.

I just meant that a 1-second soul trap enchanted sword is useless because the time frame is too short, not that they're useless in general, lol.

Only way to have followers not attack is if you tell them to wait in a safe spot while you deal with enemies.

Guest Ninjabronybot1919

Ok, unintentionally got to a exceedingly high level (23) heading to bleak falls barrow now anything I should know up front and what kind of soul gems to bring, not to mention how many?

Ok, unintentionally got to a exceedingly high level (23) heading to bleak falls barrow now anything I should know up front and what kind of soul gems to bring, not to mention how many?

I believe that is where you go for the Dragonstone, am I correct? If so, remember to save a lot of space in your inventory. That Dragonstone is incredibly heavy. Also, there is a spider boss battle mid-dungeon, which is quite challenging for this point in the game. Be prepared for that. There's also a miniboss when you find the Dragonstone in the form of a Shouting Draugr, though he shouldn't be a problem compared to the spider mentioned above.

Guest Ninjabronybot1919

The soul trap spell costs way too much magicka to be used on a room of 3-4-5 draugr (or something else) this is an explicit reason to enchant a weapon or I must find out how to make it cost like 20-35 magicka. Any suggestions?

The soul trap spell costs way too much magicka to be used on a room of 3-4-5 draugr (or something else) this is an explicit reason to enchant a weapon or I must find out how to make it cost like 20-35 magicka. Any suggestions?

If you give your armor enough magic cost reduction enchantments, the cost of spells will literally be zero.

Increasing your Conjuration level will decrease the base magicka cost of Soul Trap and every other Conjuration spell. You can also enchant apparel, as Squishy said, to lower it even further. 

You probably already know this, but you can only trap 1 soul per soul gem. So unless you have multiple soul gems to fill (and want to do so on the same pack of enemies), you won't need to use it multiple times on one group.