The Uncharted Series - Why Always Destroy the Cities?

David

Am I the only one bothered with the fact that you constantly go on these epic adventures to find "treasure", only to ALWAYS end up casually blowing the fuck out of everything when you finally get there? It kind of cheapens the whole adventure/reward experience for me. 

To summarize the Uncharted games, you're essentially just an extreme racist that kills thousands upon thousands of brown people, all the while razing peaceful villages full of innocent inhabitants to the ground. Then you go on to destroy absolutely priceless artifacts/lost cities that you're trying to "protect from evil".

This sort of thing bothers me a bit as well. Drake and Sully go on journeys to these ancient ruins holding priceless artifacts. Then the villains come, and together, they make sure the entire place comes down within the hour. I mean, they so casually do this in every Uncharted game. I realize that your life is worth more than some artifacts, but could you show a bit of a respect to what you just destroyed?

It actually reminds me of the Library episode in Avatar: The Last Airbender. The group took a guide with them to the ancient library in the desert. Some Arabian guys blow it up while they're in there. The group tries to escape, but the guide wants to stay behind, saying, "This information is priceless! It will never be found again!" I believe he went down with the library.

This sort of thing bothers me a bit as well. Drake and Sully go on journeys to these ancient ruins holding priceless artifacts. Then the villains come, and together, they make sure the entire place comes down within the hour. I mean, they so casually do this in every Uncharted game. I realize that your life is worth more than some artifacts, but could you show a bit of a respect to what you just destroyed?

It actually reminds me of the Library episode in Avatar: The Last Airbender. The group took a guide with them to the ancient library in the desert. Some Arabian guys blow it up while they're in there. The group tries to escape, but the guide wants to stay behind, saying, "This information is priceless! It will never be found again!" I believe he went down with the library.

Within the hour? In U2 and U3 you literally no more than discover the place you've searched for the entire game and then you're sprinting the fuck out of there as it explodes in hilarious fashion. I think in both games combined I explored an area with a square footage about equal to my fucking bathroom.

It was really hilarious in U3 because the artifact you search for is never even explained or shown... Except for a period of literally 3 seconds before you "lose it" on purpose. Then you proceed to fire fucking torpedoes OUT OF A PISTOL at support beams for fuck knows why.

...kills thousands upon thousands of brown people.

If only Desmond Miles had had a cameo appearance in Uncharted 1. Then I would only have had to live with his insufferable existence in one Assassin's Creed game instead of like 5.