Just Finished Uncharted 3

David

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the 2nd one is way better. I'll admit I don't really remember a lot of it, but U3 has more than its fair share of epic moments. I had to laugh at the absurdity of the scope of the predicaments several times.One place the game did fall way short, in my opinion, was the story. After several long and tough sequences I was always excited to take a break and move forward with the character development; I always ended up disappointed. Nothing is answered about any of the character's past, 2 of the main players literally just up and disappear with no explanation at all... And then you have the dozens of questions added - in addition to those that existed before - that are never answered. The ending was just very unsatisfying for me in that regard.

By the two characters who disappeared, you mean Chloe and Cutter, right? The main reason I liked the second one more was because of the single player cheats and skins.

Yeah, they disappeared with literally no explanation. I mean, Cutter broke his leg so I guess that's at least kind of believable. There's no reason for Chloe to go anywhere, though, and even Cutter has an astounding lack of any communication or correspondence at all the second half of the game. It's weird as hell since the game treated him as a main character the first 10 chapters, and then off'd him without ever explaining who he even was or why he was around.

U3 was clearly about the Sully/Nate relationship, and it was alright in that regard. The ending speech could have been way better (Sully could have actually directly said "OMG NATE U ARE MY SON HUGZ"). Makes me think he's being set up for a tragic death scene in U4.

Yeah, they disappeared with literally no explanation. I mean, Cutter broke his leg so I guess that's at least kind of believable. There's no reason for Chloe to go anywhere, though, and even Cutter has an astounding lack of any communication or correspondence at all the second half of the game. It's weird as hell since the game treated him as a main character the first 10 chapters, and then off'd him without ever explaining who he even was or why he was around.

I agree wholeheartedly. In my opinion, Cutter was the best character.

I was also disappointed that there weren't any "monster" enemies. In the first game, we had zombies. In the second, we had the yeti people. In the third, we have demons that were imaginary the whole time.