I'm Considering Taking on a New Admin

David

Since I plan on creating some new site(s) over the next few months I may not have as much time to dedicate to this place. I may take someone and start training them as an understudy or something so that they can operate this place in my absense. Cool stuff if it's the sort of thing your interested in. We have a complete self-hosted suite so there are quite a bit of things you can learn and gain experience in.

Requirements

[*]You need to be active DAILY, ideally able to visit the site several times each day. [*]You need to be intricately involved in the community.

Just reply here if interested. I have no idea if this will actually be necessary, but if it is I want to know who plans on being available.

I fulfill both requirements, I would be moderately interested. I know little to no programming, though, so I guess I shouldn't take it if HTML is involved.

HTML would be nice but it's not required since you won't actually be tasked with making or editing web pages. Most of your job will be to troubleshoot things people run into and make sure things that are already in place don't break.

It's not like HTML couldn't be learned very fast anyway... :P It's just a bunch of tags. Anyway, not going to apply of course because I don't have the time, but what other site(s) are you making? Just out of curiosity.

The next one I plan to work on is a site users post various deals they find in physical/online stores. Since it's possible to earn commissions if people are referred from your site I hope it's not just a giant money sink like this one is. If you've ever heard of Slick Deals it's going to be similar.

That reminds me, still looking for a Moderator for the Video Game Deals forum.

That reminds me, still looking for a Moderator for the Video Game Deals forum.

That's surprising, considering the amount of applications we received for Content Team. I was honestly weighing the options of both jobs but decided that Video Game Deals Moderator would be too tedious for my liking, and Content Team would let me exercise my creativity a bit more.

I wonder where Blexun is? I'd think he would be interested, as well.

The Moderator position for the video game forum would be much more involved than Content Team (assuming CT does 1 article/week). It's sort of related to my upcoming site project, so if I can get to that in the next few months we probably won't really need a sole Moderator for that forum.