College of Winterhold Glitch

Guest Izanagi Akechi

Question

Guest Izanagi Akechi

I can't get enterence to the college. I'm expected to use my fear spell, which I have. All the characters are too powerful or resist it. I don't have an option to show I'm the dovahkin and I have no other clue what to do.

1 answer to this question

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Fortunately you can do any of the following to join during the First Lessons quest...

Alternatively, you can attempt to persuade her and avoid this test, or if you are here for the quest Elder Knowledge, you can tell her you are Dragonborn after which she will ask to see a shout. Either of these will get you in without needing to cast a spell. In order to persuade her, you will need a Speech skill of 100 (70 with the Persuasion perk) or an Amulet of Articulation.

To "show" you're the dovahkiin you just need to shout at her. I don't think any dialogue is necessary.

Oh, and when you're casting "fear" or any of the following spells which she can give you....

You must cast the spell at the circular impression/seal on the floor behind her. Casting it on her probably won't work.