Skyrim 1.8 Patch Hints New DLC, Dragon Mounts

David

According to one user on the official Bethesda forums, Skyrim's next DLC will possibly involve the following...

Next DLC will be called Dragonborn. It is set in Solstheim. Main locations are Raven Rock, Miraak Temple, Castle Karstaag and Telvanni Tower. You will might be able to ride dragons. Also, new armor types, possibly horse (?) Bomemold, Chitin, Nordic and Stalhrim.

PS3 DLC will come soon and so will mounted spell casting.

The expected DLC name of "Dragonborn" was trademarked by Bethesda back in May, adding credibility to the rumors. Additional speculation points to the player being able to travel to Morrowind, the primary setting of TES: III, based off of the setting of Solstheim, a Nord colony seen in the Morrowind Bloodmoon expansion. Either way, the ability to ride dragons alongside mounted spell casting? Yes, please.
Posted Image

As far as new armor, the game files have names under "crafting" for the following sets...

[*]Bonemold

[*]Chittin

[*]Nordic

[*]Stahlrim

Oh, and did I mention that there are files indicating we're going to get spears?

The optimistic hope regarding the PS3 DLC may be baseless, but it comes after a long, tumultuous series of disappointing announcements by Bethesda, who questioned their ability to ever release the DLC on the console. Currently, the PS3 is the only console that has yet to receive either the Dawnguard (June 26th) or Heathfire (September 1st) DLC expansions.

The forum user apparently obtained this information by browsing through the game files of Skyrim's new v1.8 patch, which is currently in its beta stage on Steam as of October 15th. Included in the patch, according to the official announcement:

Posted Image
BUG FIXES

[*]General memory and stability improvements

[*]Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip

[*]Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked

[*]Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs

[*]Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly

The update will arrive later on the PS3 and 360.

Click here to view the article

Ps3 DLC will come soon

I'm not holding my breath.Going to Morrowind would be pretty sweet, though. From a role playing standpoint, Dark Elves are my favorite race.Also, this year is the ten year anniversary of Morrowind. For Arena's and Daggerfall's 10 year anniversary, they made the games free. I wonder if they will do the same with Morrowind? Once again, not holding my breath, but it would be nice. I'd like to experience the game, but not enough to actually pay for it.

• 3 weeks later...

SPEARS!? just skimming this quickly but for xbox 360, the DLC is dawnguard and hearthfire right? is there a DLC i dont know about and if there is, what does it include ?

Yes, at the moment only Hearthfire and Dawnguard have been released. The stuff in this article is what the new DLC, Dragonborn, is going to possibly include. It was officially announced on Monday - http://eldersouls.com/topic/3301-new-skyrim-dlc-official-dragonborn-trailer/
  • Upvote 1