Issues taking the Imperial Oath

wipedout1

Question

I just recently finished off the main quest line and have just decided that I would join the Imperial Legion. But I seem to have come across a bit of an issue, partially caused by my meddling with the console.

During the main quest line, in the Season Unending portion, where you have to get Tullius and Ulfric to have a meeting up at High Hrothgar, I couldn't get Tullius to come without first saying the oath and pursuing the civil war quests further. So instead I found a console fix online "SetStage MQ302 5", and that sorted out that issue. When I came back after slaying Alduin however, there wasn't an option to take the oath any more. I've tried:

ResetQuest CW01A

and SetStage CW01A 160

These don't seem to have any effect whatsoever. Can anyone here think of any other means of fixing this?

I'm thinking I may have to take a roundabout route of joining the Stormcloaks first and then turning traitor when I get the Jagged Crown. Are there any negative consequences to this strategy? Will I be bumping into any people who will call me a dirty traitor etc.?

On a completely unrelated note, I haven't tried it yet, but I thought I'd ask anyway...Can you join the Dawnguard as a vampire? I'm guessing you can't as a vampire lord as the storyline probably conflicts somehow, but how when you have the more common vampire condition.

1 answer to this question