Heavy Rain - Worth $20?

David

When this game came out, I was planning on buying it. Unfortunately I never got around to it as money went towards bigger titles that came out around the same time.Long story short, I noticed that for $20 you now get the Directors Cut (Ultimate Edition) from Amazon. Worth it?It also comes with 1 month of a PlayStation Plus trial, which I need, but is irrelevant if the game isn't worth it alone.

It's only $20? It's $30 at Gamestop and I was considering getting it. I don't have it, but I know the DX version has the one DLC and move support. There's some other stuff, like the soundtrack and concept art, but nothing else that affects gameplay. Many people call this one of the best experiences they ever had, so I would go for it. If I didn't just buy 2 new games, I would get it, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a little late, and you may have already bought it, but...This game was worth the $60 tag when it first came out. $20 is a total steal. It's not your typical game, but the storytelling and the consequences of everything you do make this game send shivers down your spine. That and with so many different endings, and so many possibilites to happen you have weeks if not months of replay value behind it. This and the Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD remake are the two things that almost sold me a PS3.

This and the Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD remake are the two things that almost sold me a PS3.

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection was my GotY 2011. In fact, I think it's the best Ps3 game. It's a bit depressing that almost every other holiday release outsold it, even if I liked Skyrim and Dark Souls as well.

Eh. You can hardly call an HD remake of a game better than new releases. Especially games that weren't well known to begin with.Not sure when Heavy Rain came out, since I don't own a PS3. I would have to say it was pretty close to my game fo the year though. I only got one ending, and it was an ok one. I would love to be able to play it again.Oh! And I totally want the little origami crane that comes with it :3

Eh. You can hardly call an HD remake of a game better than new releases. Especially games that weren't well known to begin with.

Shadow of the Colossus became a Ps2 "Platinum Hit," so it was hardly niche. Ico's sales were rather average.I was a Nintendo kid in 6th gen, so I missed out on these two gems the first time around. Maybe my amazement of playing SotC for the first time gave me a bit of bias you shouldn't have when playing re-releases, but it affected me. I can see your point, though.