Need help regarding update

Guest Beaver68

Question

Guest Beaver68

Ever since I installed the latest update (one that added currents to the rivers) every time I enter the water my game will freeze. Not sure what to do about this, but I need a little help..

1 answer to this question

We have a fix for the bug in this thread, along with 5 pages of confirmation that it works. Here it is:

Directions

[*]Navigate to the "Game" category on the navigation menu. It's the same place you navigate to launch your games.

[*]Find the "Game Data Utility" folder. DO NOT go to the "Saved Data Utility" folder, which contains your game saves.

[*]Delete the game data (titled "Skyrim") and the updates/patches (titled "Skyrim Update") from "Game Data Utility".

After that, you'll have to run the game and it will re-install the game files automatically. If you deleted the patch (as you should have), it will also re-download and install the most recent patch assuming you are connected to the internet.

Oh, and you don't need to create a new topic to reply: just use the form at the bottom of this page. Let us know if the solution works or not. You don't need to create an account to reply, but having one makes it easier and opens up numerous other features here. Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

EDIT: There are two folders that keep Skyrim data under the "GAME" category on the XMB (the navigational bar) that people are confusing...

[*]Game Data Utility

[*]Saved Data Utility (PS3)

"Saved Data Utility" contains your game saves (profile data, characters, etc.); you do NOT touch anything in this folder. "Game Data Utility" is where you need to look. It contains two files: "Skyrim" (file installed off the disc the first time you play) and "Skyrim Update" (patches downloaded from the internet). Neither of these are related to your game saves, and need to be deleted for this fix to work.