Pickpocketing in Riften Jail

NeoDymus

Question

I read somewhere that you can pickpocket that Black-Briar guy infinitely, and you can level up pickpocketing fast. I walked into the jail, and I was hidden, and I pickpocketed him, and got arrested by the guards!Do I have to be sent to the jail by the guards to do it, or is it just patched?Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Here's what a player posted on our guide thread today concerning what he's done:

The sibbi black-briar glitch works just fine. I was using it today, running the latest version on my 360. He won't attack you, and won't even call out for guards. The problem, that I think is creating the doubt here, is that you absolutely do need to be arrested for it to work. Just walking into the RIften jail as a free man and trying it, Sibbi will react as any NPC does. You have to get arrested, escape your cell, and then it will work. Stealth killing the patrolling guard helps a lot.

So it appears that it still works, though I haven't personally tested it. Hope that helps. :)
  • Upvote 1

Here's what a player posted on our guide thread today concerning what he's done:So it appears that it still works, though I haven't personally tested it. Hope that helps. :)

I figured out what was wrong.I forgot to kill the guards. :PDude, you are a lifesaver.

Guest waly96

No problem, glad to know it worked out. :)

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions, or you can delve into the conversations in the "Skyrim General Discussion" forum.

when i try it he trys to attack

Guest Lazarus

Hi. I did this glitch by "sliding" into his cell by sitting in a chair next door and ramped my pickpocket up to 100 but am now stuck in the cell. How do i get out?