New and up-to-date ESO Information! The latest as of Jan 2014

Thal

Wow, very nice collection and writeup!

Thank you very much!

Comments:

Research â€“ [...] Once this time expires, I have learnt the Infused trait for all future crafting. The item is not destroyed in the process.

- In this example you would have researched the trait "Infused" ONLY for Shields. You need to resaerch every item type seperatly.

- The Item IS destroyed in the process.

Improvement – [...] One of these items gives him a 20% chance to improve his axe to fine quality. (Note: I believe using more than one improvement item increases your chances).

- Yes, every other Item adds another 20%, 5 Items give you 100%

Alchemy

- You can find out the first effect of a plant by using it. 

Enchanting – [...] Every piece of gear only seems to be able to have the one enchantment. Though whether a glyph can grant more than one effect as a single enchantment at higher lvls is not known to me.

- I have added a glyph to a magic Item for 2 +X damage effects. It was awesome. (+2 fire and +3 poison I believe)

Stats – [...] And, yes, each stat seems to increase by 20 points per level (not including the points you place into each using the attribute point you get per level of which there are 49)
Attribute points into one stat I believe are still capped at no more than 30 into one stat.

- 1 Attribute point in Magicka/Stamin= +10, in HP= +20

Ability Costs:

- That means that Abbilites scale by factor 8 to max level while Stats scale by by 10-13 ?

At lvl 1 you have 100 Magicka and lets say a skill costs 25= 1/4=25%, at lvl 50 you have ~1000 Magicka (without any attributes in it!) and the skill costs 200 (1/5=20%).

Now if you put the max of 30 points into magicka that gives you 1380 Magicka and the spell costs only ~1/7 or ~15% of your pool.

So casting becomes a bit cheaper in the long term. but not much!

Wow, very nice collection and writeup!

Thank you very much!

Comments:

- In this example you would have researched the trait "Infused"....

Glad you liked the post. Many thanks for the corrections and confirmations! Will be editing them in later today when I get the chance. 

Guest Jake Green

Nice Compilation of Info. Thanks alot for the Post.

The Correlation between Weapondamage and Max Stamina is kinda news to me, does that mean for example Redguards can do 12% more Damage with Basic Attacks and Weaponline Skills?

The Critchance Increase on Enchant seems very high, + 27% flat increase? will dualwield add 54% crit by just 2 slots? Are they expecting Poeple to crit all the Time?

Are those last 2 verified? both seem very important regarding builds.

PS: My First Post, Hello everyone, thanks alot for all your Contributions

Hey all,

Corrections have been made and edited into the post now - so everything should hopefully be correct. And a note of thanks to Hans for corrections he supplied has been made at the end as well. 

Nice Compilation of Info. Thanks alot for the Post.

The Correlation between Weapondamage and Max Stamina is kinda news to me, does that mean for example Redguards can do 12% more Damage with Basic Attacks and Weaponline Skills?

The Critchance Increase on Enchant seems very high, + 27% flat increase? will dualwield add 54% crit by just 2 slots? Are they expecting Poeple to crit all the Time?

Are those last 2 verified? both seem very important regarding builds.

PS: My First Post, Hello everyone, thanks alot for all your Contributions

As Hans also replied, I too believe this trait is implied to be a multiplier effect and not a direct + X to crit rating as you would be right, if it were the latter it would definitely be extremely overpowered. So should just mean if you have 20% crit chance and have a trait for +10% crit value - you then have 22% crit chance overall (instead of a direct 20 + 10 = 30%).

This all means - based on what's written above here and in the skill database- that:

-skill mana cost reduction stacking is king and therefore the breton racial passive as well, more than the altmer one even

-you'll need to prioritize mana regen and maxing out the mana pool as caster besides the cost reduction

-you'll not always benefit from morphing skills into instant ones at some point at the cost of lesser dmge such as e.g solar flare because you don't have the mana anyway to cast nonstop in combat. At best you'll get a fast burst to OOM option

-you'll have to carefully choose your skills to use based on how much bang for the buck they give (dmg/healing per mana)

Practical example of scaling: A naked casting templar uses solar flare as main nuke which costs 42 mana and is received at level 4 after farting around the quick few first levels with Sun Fire. so from that point his main nuke goes through the following process:

at level  4: sitting at 100+ 60 +30 = 190 mana with a main nuke cost of 60 he can cast it 3.16 times before being OOM

at level 10: sitting at 100+180+90 = 370 mana with a main nuke cost of 96 he can cast it 3.85 times before being OOM

at level 15: sitting at 100+280+140 = 520 mana with a main nuke cost of 126 he can cast it 4.13 times before being OOM

at level 20: sitting at 100+380+190 = 670 mana with a main nuke cost of 156 he can cast it 4.29 times before being OOM

at level 25: sitting at 100+480+240 = 820 mana with a main nuke cost of 186 he can cast it 4.41 times before being OOM

at level 30: sitting at 100+580+290 = 970 mana with a main nuke cost of 216 he can cast it 4.49 times before being OOM

at level 40: sitting at 100+780+300(max) = 1180 mana with a main nuke cost of 276 he can cast it 4.28 times before being OOM

at level 50: sitting at 100+980+300(max) = 1380 mana with a main nuke cost of 336 he can cast it 4.11 times before being OOM

now let's say this same naked caster equips 7 pieces of light armor and invests 2/3 in the passive Evocation skill giving him 14% skill cost reduction:

at level 10: 4.48 times

at level 15: 4.80 times

at level 20: 4.99 times

at level 30: 5.22 times

at level 40: 4.98 times

at level 50: 4.78 times

This reveals the importance to max your gear ASAP as it has great impact on your play and once you've done that, you're on a linear curve

Then finally the thing that will really make the difference to be able to cast the spell more before going OOM is the mana regen along with the additional cost reducings through skill morphs (return mana upon heal, do additional dmge for the same skill cost etc...) Since the in-combat mana regen cap increases each level and is easily reached you will get more and more "extra" mana added to your pool while you're casting your pool empty resulting in more times to cast the same spell. Since we dont' have the exact numbers yet it's hard to list up that table but it's safe to assume that since this is the only non-linear scaling parameter in the equation this is the only thing that will cause this linear scaling table above to bend and cause you to do alot more casts at higher level.

at level 50: sitting at 100+980+300(max) = 1380 mana with a main nuke cost of 336 he can cast it 4.11 times before being OOM

at level 50: 4.78 times

This reveals the importance to max your gear ASAP as it has great impact on your play and once you've done that, you're on a linear curve

To me this reveals that under the current implementation it doesnt make any real difference.

So by going all light armor I can cast 0.67 Solar Flares more?

That is the effect of specializing in a type of armor?

in a fight of lets say 20 sec length you regen 10 ticks of magicka. with a standard regen rate of ~5% and maybe a 25% boost to this we are looking at 6,25% or 86.25 Magicka per tick= 862.5 recovered in that fight.

That means ~2242 Magicka available over the length of the fight. 6.67 Solar Flares without Evocation, 7.76 with Evocation and 7/7 LA.

1 Spell more in a 20sec fight? 7 in total?

Thats a LOT of autoattacking. lol

Can that be right?

what it tells me is that you cant begin to cast skills non-stop. Using the right skill at the right time will be far more important than developing 'rotations' that would leave you out of magicka/stamina and vulnerable to enemies that manage their resource pools. It will be an important advantage for mature, thinking players, because its going to be very hard for some players not to hit those hotbar buttons as fast as they can. This will require a major change of mindset for MMO players, or even Skyrim players for that matter.

I had a dream in which:

I healed a dedicated group of level 13-16 people through a lvl dungeon called Spindleclutch and noticed that my top prio resulted in continuously trying to be as mana conserving as possible throughout the group pulls and boss fights as possible or be left without mana when it was most necessary and critical to save someone such as the tank so I found myself casting the cheapest morphed group heal possible as default healing spell while paying attention mostly to my positioning not to be standing in the constantly changing dmge areas but still correctly positioned to affect all group members with my heals and then only use my extra healing spells during the biggest dmge spikes. Even when doing so and using pots, I still saw my mana bar go empty regularly making it a close call where I realized I couldn't afford to let 1 mana point go to waste at all. The tank and dps seemed skilled enough not to cause any unwanted extra dmge and agro or more than necesaary. We ended up clearing everything nicely in the end but I had the feeling there were many close calls in just 1 dungeon run (and I liked that tbh)

Later, in other PUG's running the same dungeon where the other people were 1-2 levels lower and less skilled (=taking too much dmge constantly where they shouldn't) I found myself OOM nonstop, even in normal pack pulls and after the necessary number of wipes on the end boss I realized that this group would not be able to kill the end boss and therefore not complete the dungeon so we called it.

But ofc that was all just a dream...

Amazing post Thal, I want to thank you for compiling this information. Now to respond to some of the other posts in this thread Ill start with a question then reply using quote:Max stamina and Max mana effect weapon damage and spell damage according to the tooltip when you place attribute points, but do gear buffs and passives for +max stamina/magicka actually raise weapon and magick damage as well? This is an important question, because if its true, it means +max stam/magicka can also be called +damage.

To me this reveals that under the current implementation it doesnt make any real difference.So by going all light armor I can cast 0.67 Solar Flares more?That is the effect of specializing in a type of armor?in a fight of lets say 20 sec length you regen 10 ticks of magicka. with a standard regen rate of ~5% and maybe a 25% boost to this we are looking at 6,25% or 86.25 Magicka per tick= 862.5 recovered in that fight.That means ~2242 Magicka available over the length of the fight. 6.67 Solar Flares without Evocation, 7.76 with Evocation and 7/7 LA.1 Spell more in a 20sec fight? 7 in total?Thats a LOT of autoattacking. lolCan that be right?

If you put max attribute into magicka you have 1380 Magicka at level 50. But this is only the beginning. Tons of passives give + magicka including:Gift of Magnus (racial passive): +12%Jewelry that increases your max magicka: +X% per piece x3Armor Enchants/Glyphs: +X per piece x7Magicka Flood (nightblade passive): +8%If we are conservative and guess that jewelry is a 4% max magicka raise, and that the flat amount on armor is +50 then: thats almost +32% max magicka right there and +350 from armor, and these are conservative numbers. That puts your pool at 2283 using very conservative numbers (although using powerful passives like gift of magnus and magicka flood).Spell cost reduction we have the following (using a nightblade breton again as a min/max example)-21% cost from light armor-3% from breton-12% from jewelry (-4% x 3)Thats -36% spell cost. Now this is a seriously min/maxed breton nightblade, but you can see the kind of magicka we can really get by min/maxing even using conservative estimates.2283 pool-36% spell cost103 Magicka Regen per 2 seconds (4.5% magicka recovery every 2 seconds (did not gear for regen in this example, geared for max magicka and spell reduction min/max)So lets go to shadow cloak: 56 magicka = 448 magicka at level 50 = 287 magicka after 36% cost reductionI can cast shadow cloak 8 times before going out of magicka with a min maxed build and 0 regeneration (0 magicka regen while cloaked anyways, which makes this type of min/maxing perfect for a nightblade who dont benefit as much from +magicka regen).In a pvp battle where I am uncloaked for 20 seconds this build regens 1030 magicka. That is about 3300 magicka to be used in this pvp battle. That is about 12-14 spells cast and this is not counting magicka bonuses from food or mundus stones.

what it tells me is that you cant begin to cast skills non-stop. Using the right skill at the right time will be far more important than developing 'rotations' that would leave you out of magicka/stamina and vulnerable to enemies that manage their resource pools. It will be an important advantage for mature, thinking players, because its going to be very hard for some players not to hit those hotbar buttons as fast as they can. This will require a major change of mindset for MMO players, or even Skyrim players for that matter.

Casting non stop is situational. In a 1on1 you usually want to cast non stop until you are out of magicka (while remaining efficient), but you don't want to do the same with stamina because you need it from reactive defenses (cc break and dodge rolls).

the thing is, while they say the size of the pools affects damage, we don't know the nature of that link. We don't know the size of the impact, we don't know if it affects skills and/or light/heavy attacks, and while it sounds like there are soft caps on the pool sizes, we have no idea where those soft caps kick in.

Moreover, the buzz is that even if you put all of your points into magicka, and then equip a physical weapon, the damage seems similar to a person who has put most of their points into stamina, so at least at low levels the extra damage emanating from the size of the magicka/stamina pools seems insignificant or non-existent.

Basically, we don't know, and we don't even know what we don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jake Green

Hi,

was putting points into Stamina and didnt notice my weapondamage in character sheet changing at all, spend 4 Points never had an increase. Isnt Stamina supposed to raise that? Just a tooltip bug?