Photo

The Sorcerer Thread

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

with 6 medium and 1 heavy you will be very good at stealth. and wielding a physical weapon let you open up with a sneak attack (easy enough with a bow sneak attack from your secondary bar, but with 6 medium you might even get close enough to land a 2h sneak attack without too much trouble).

the telegraph for heavy attacks is pretty obvious and can be blocked quite easy - and that will set you off balance. very dangerous to use in a 1v1 situation. i'd imagine that the best way to use heavy attack in PvP is to exploit when a target in off balance state (which will knock him down). might also be useful on a target that is distracted (like fighting someone else) or possible right after a CC (a ranged heavy attack right after a bolt escape or after opening up with a sneak attack).

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Theoryexpert

Theoryexpert

• 84 Posts

with 6 medium and 1 heavy you will be very good at stealth. and wielding a physical weapon let you open up with a sneak attack (easy enough with a bow sneak attack from your secondary bar, but with 6 medium you might even get close enough to land a 2h sneak attack without too much trouble).

the telegraph for heavy attacks is pretty obvious and can be blocked quite easy - and that will set you off balance. very dangerous to use in a 1v1 situation. i'd imagine that the best way to use heavy attack in PvP is to exploit when a target in off balance state (which will knock him down). might also be useful on a target that is distracted (like fighting someone else) or possible right after a CC (a ranged heavy attack right after a bolt escape or after opening up with a sneak attack).

I noticed the same thing about heavy attacks, seems like its best to keep using light attacks, unless you land some kind of CC, then use a heavy attack. I don't think ranged heavy attacks can be blocked and reversed to offbalance you, just melee, so that might make ranged heavy attacks more useful.

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

i think ranged attacks can be blocked as well

(at least if you run up to them and bash them at melee range while they are doing their heavy attack).

Theoryexpert

Theoryexpert

• 84 Posts

Just want to let you know that Ive updated the build to an even more powerful form. The last build we discussed is still awesome but there is one extremely important change that I made. For our ultimate we use negate magic, quite possibly the best ultimate in the game. Let me explain

Negate magic is the only offensive dispell in the game. It is also an AOE silence and its morph heals you for 12% max health and magicka for every dispell (not sure if it stacks). Not only that, but this ultimate counters EVERY other ultimate in the game. Lets say you were fighting a dragon knight and he uses magma armor. Hes now practically invulnerable for 15 seconds and you had no choice but to try to bolt escape away, and if hes good he will just fiery grip you back. With negate magic, as soon as he pops magma armor we can instantly dispell it and also gain several massive passive buffs from the dark magic tree as well as silence him for 10 seconds or force him to dodge roll out, wasting massive stamina. Negate magic is the best ultimate in the game in my opinion, but the timing of its use is critical. 

I also improved upon the old build by turning bar 2 into a dual purpose buff/execute bar. We use bar 2 to buff ourselves, then quickly switch back to bar 1. However, when the enemy gets under 50% health we cast immovable and then switch to bar 2 to finish them off. The finishing combo once they are under 50% health is mages fury, then critical charge into reverse slash spam until they get double executed from mages fury explosion + reverse slash. Its an absolute beastly buff/execute bar now. If they hit their oh shit button, you negate magic and finish them off.

Here is the updated build. I believe this melee battlemage is stronger than a range focused destruction staff sorcerror in small scale pvp, but the destruction staff ranged sorcerror is much stronger in large scale pvp where they can bombard enemies from far away with massive AOE.

Ultimate PVP 2H Melee Battlemage

Redguard

6 Medium 1 Heavy

17 Magicka 

2 Health

30 Stamina

Bar 1: Primary combat bar

Bolt Escape 

Critical Charge

Lightning Form 

Free Choice: (Rapid Maneuver/Purge/Daedric Curse/Entropy/Evasion/Silver Bolts/Cleave) 

Immovable 

Negate Magic

Bar 2: Buff and Execution bar. Always activate immovable before switching to bar 2 

Momentum 

Critical Charge 

Reverse Slash 

Mages Fury 

Surge 

Negate Magic or Soulstrike

I truly think this battlemage will be one of the best pvp setups in the game.

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

is it confirmed that you keep the buff (and dots still deal damage) when you switch to a bar that does not have the spell on the bar?

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

yes buffs stay active

Robin

Robin

A sorcerer passive skill says:

"Hitting an enemy with a dark magic spell heals the caster 3% (6%) of maximum health."

Does it mean: When I hit five enemies with an area of ​​effect spell, I heal 30% (5 x 6%) of my life?

And concerning "Negate Magic":

"Gain 12% health and magicka when dispell occurs"

Does it also mean: 12% per every dispell of every enemy?

Theoryexpert

Theoryexpert

• 84 Posts

A sorcerer passive skill says:

"Hitting an enemy with a dark magic spell heals the caster 3% (6%) of maximum health."

Does it mean: When I hit five enemies with an area of ​​effect spell, I heal 30% (5 x 6%) of my life?

And concerning "Negate Magic":

"Gain 12% health and magicka when dispell occurs"

Does it also mean: 12% per every dispell of every enemy?

We can only guess for now.

ConfusionSwag

ConfusionSwag
Will it be possible to tank as a sorcerer in all light armor with lightning shield on at all times? It'd be pretty sweet to tank without sinking anything into stam or having to put on heavy armor. I don't intend on going all-star dk tank. Just need something that could get by

Theoryexpert

Theoryexpert

• 84 Posts

Will it be possible to tank as a sorcerer in all light armor with lightning shield on at all times? It'd be pretty sweet to tank without sinking anything into stam or having to put on heavy armor.I don't intend on going all-star dk tank. Just need something that could get by

Ya just use bound armor, lightning form, and if you want to wear 1 piece of heavy: immovable.

ConfusionSwag

ConfusionSwag
Sweet, is there a penalty for swapping weapons in combat or does it just take a while? Also, with things like pet summons that last a while, can I cast it from one set of hot bars then switch to the next without losing the pet?

NoRefunds

NoRefunds

• 36 Posts

anyone has tried the daedric mines? i wonder if u can use them as main dps spell by casting them under ppl in melee range and if its possible to hit the same targhet with all 3( morph for insta cast 3 in line)....for example using shield charge-puncture-daedric mines-bolt escape-mage fury, with high max magika and spell cost reduction it should be possible to use the mines 4-5 times, if they can hit the same targhet(and nearby) its 39 magic dmg each cast+immobilize+blood magic/exploitation 

alexcia

alexcia

• 1 Posts

Is nobody using the Mage Guild Skills, like meteor, Entropy or Equilibrium?

Some skills looking also nice to use.

Biremes

Biremes

Hi everyone,

Trying to create a relatively balanced Stamina/Magicka using ranged DPS and kiting. I plan to distribute points into mostly Magicka with some in Stamina for survivability (More AOEs, DOTs, rolls and access to Dark Exchange) if needed (beyond passives from Bosmer and medium armor) and use pets to keep enemies at bay.

Sorcerer - Bosmer - 5 Medium Armor - 2 Light Amor (Or visa versa depending on Stamina pool)

Bow

1: [color=#ee82ee;]Encase w/ Restraining Prison[/color]

2: [color=#00ff00;]Poison Arrow[/color]

3: [color=#00ff00;]Arrow Volley[/color]

4: [color=#ee82ee;]Lightning Splash[/color]

5: [color=#00ff00;]Scatter Shot[/color]

[color=#ffff00;]ULTIMATE: Summon Bear[/color]

Destruction Staff

1: Conjured Ward (or Weakness of the Elements)

2: [color=#ee82ee;]Mage's Fury[/color]

3: [color=#ee82ee;]Fire Rune[/color]

4: [color=#00ff00;]Dark Exchange[/color]

5: [color=#ee82ee;]Summon Winged Twilight[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,0);]ULTIMATE: Meteor[/color]

Biremes

Biremes

Hi everyone,

Trying to create a relatively balanced Stamina/Magicka using ranged DPS and kiting. I plan to distribute points into mostly Magicka with some in Stamina for survivability (More AOEs, DOTs, rolls and access to Dark Exchange) if needed (beyond passives from Bosmer and medium armor) and use pets to keep enemies at bay.

Sorcerer - Bosmer - 5 Medium Armor - 2 Light Amor (Or visa versa depending on Stamina pool)

Bow

1: [color=#ee82ee;]Encase w/ Restraining Prison[/color]

2: [color=#00ff00;]Poison Arrow[/color]

3: [color=#00ff00;]Arrow Volley[/color]

4: [color=#ee82ee;]Lightning Splash[/color]

5: [color=#00ff00;]Scatter Shot[/color]

[color=#ffff00;]ULTIMATE: Summon Bear[/color]

Destruction Staff

1: [color=#ee82ee;]Conjured Ward (or Weakness of the Elements)[/color]

2: [color=#ee82ee;]Mage's Fury[/color]

3: [color=#ee82ee;]Fire Rune[/color]

4: [color=#00ff00;]Dark Exchange[/color]

5: [color=#ee82ee;]Summon Winged Twilight[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,0);]ULTIMATE: Meteor[/color]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com