Photo

how to install mods on the ps3?

28 replies to this topic

Achilles_lucky_5

Achilles_lucky_5

• 42 Posts
like the title, i've found some mods that i can put on my jump drive and install on my ps3.
but i'm scared i might screw up and make something crash, anyone know how to safely install a mod for a console?

Blake

Blake

• 1,848 Posts
Mods can only be used on the PC version of the game.Buy Skyrim for the console, they said. It'll be fun, they said.

Achilles_lucky_5

Achilles_lucky_5

• 42 Posts
i know that, except there's supposed to be a way to install a mod on ps3.i've been trying to get my dad to buy a newer computer (we have a really old one)but he's to lazy to do that

Blake

Blake

• 1,848 Posts
I just youtubed it and came up with this video.I don't have a PS3 and obviously haven't tried this yet, so you might want to wait until somebody more knowledgeable answers this.

David

David

• Administrator
  • 4,053 Posts
Jailbreaking your PS3 will obviously void whatever warranty you have and possibly brick it, I would advise against it unless you have 1 old PS3 with nothing else on it and bucket loads of money to the extent you don't care if it's destroyed. Even if you did manage to install them there's no telling how stable/workable they'd be.

Achilles_lucky_5

Achilles_lucky_5

• 42 Posts

Jailbreaking your PS3 will obviously void whatever warrenty you have and possible brick it, I would advise against it unless you have 1 old PS3 with nothing else on it and bucket loads of money to the extent you don't care if it's destroyed. Even if you did manage to install them there's no telling how stable/workable they'd be.

that's true, and the ps3 i have is a new well oiled machine, so i'll stick with ur advice. thx:)

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
As a last note, As far as everything goes and as of right now, there is no way to mod either console (Xbox and PS3). From my knowledge, there is no program out for Skyrim, yet due to it's relatively young age I can only expect it to come out soon. Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, however do have programs for modification on the console and they get A LOT done, which is no understatement.If you also play the Fallout series, and have some want to modify it (I've tested both a lot, thought for the New Vegas if you do modify it a lot, or mess with a lot of things in your inventory, you can mess your game up)Fallout New Vegas:http://www.game-tuts...-v-4-1-a-41317/Fallout 3:

SuckerFaceKendama

SuckerFaceKendama
just get a modded file, although it greatly limits the stuff you can get

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
Not true, most modders who make them have that in mind and will leave you in the relative beginning of the game. The only thing you lose out on is leveling, which is tedious anyways.

DRTmusic

DRTmusic

Not true, most modders who make them have that in mind and will leave you in the relative beginning of the game. The only thing you lose out on is leveling, which is tedious anyways.

what do you mean with leveling .. the story leveling or mltiplayer leveling ??

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts

What I mean is that pending on what save you come across, I know of one that made you level 250. you started off in a slightly (heavily) modded room in the starting area where you could loot basically any item in the game, then continue on with the very very beginning of the game. There is no "multiplayer" and story leveling will already be maxed at 50 due to that specific saves level. most people mod Skyrim to break level caps (which there shortly should not be), modify inventory carry weight, max out a skill (or all skills) and just to give the person using it a much much different and more "free" experience to do what he/she pleases.

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]none of this shit works on my ps3[/font]

Eclipsin W. Nightwalker

Eclipsin W. Nightwalker

Do you really want to risk screwing your console up just for some MOD? In my opinion  no MOD is worth it.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
Sir, 99-100% of all PS3 and Xbox "mods" are modded via your gamesave and if you which to get physical PC mods such as a graphics mod for example, you'd need a J-Tag (aka Developer's kit) or for a PS3 i'm unsure. Some people find using glitches, exploits and mods fun. There is really no risk involved either. Aside a Jtag, but you shouldn't be using it online anyways.

how do i get a modded file

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.